Post and discuss all Jagex Twitter updates here!

forestfrolic

This describes todays update:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjzSIGt74T0

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brazilian Twitter, can someone explain whether it actually is a Runescape or a player's Post, I'm not a Twitter person but I continue to watch posts every friday for a possible update:

RuneScape é arte. Morrer faz parte. Terra Selvagem é tenebrosa. A capa de habilidade é virtuosa. Colaboração: Hicaro20, fórum #RuneScape.

RuneScape is art. Dying is a part. Wild Earth is dark. The cover of skill is virtuous. Collaboration: Hicaro20, forum # RuneScape.

Asn_sensei.gif

Brazilian Twitter, can someone explain whether it actually is a Runescape or a player's Post, I'm not a Twitter person but I continue to watch posts every friday for a possible update:

RuneScape é arte. Morrer faz parte. Terra Selvagem é tenebrosa. A capa de habilidade é virtuosa. Colaboração: Hicaro20, fórum #RuneScape.

RuneScape is art. Dying is a part. Wild Earth is dark. The cover of skill is virtuous. Collaboration: Hicaro20, forum # RuneScape.

Hmm... sure sounds like a twitter hint.

"Wild Earth" = the Wilderness?

"the cover of skill is virtuous" = max total cape? Virtous also makes me think of Prayer...

"All that is gold does not glitter..."

Coming Soon To #RuneScape: Can you spell update? ;) ~ Ems(RSDev)

New spellbook?

About time, but its more certainly going to be a spell checker or something of that sort

(Guthix Spell book? Soul based spells? Yes please :pray: :pray: :pray: )

Coming Soon To #RuneScape: Can you spell update? ;) ~ Ems(RSDev)

New spellbook?

Possibly.

It could be either:

Spell, as in magic, so new spellbook.

Spell, as in spelling a word, so spell checker, or change to the chat system?

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I think its a cooking update normally peope say "Can you smell that" Etc, and the "Spell" bit is she can't spell "Smell" So it would be "Smell Update"?

a70kf.png

Divine Forces | #DF on irc.seersirc.net | Most Motivated |

http://rs-df.com/forums

I think its a cooking update normally peope say "Can you smell that" Etc, and the "Spell" bit is she can't spell "Smell" So it would be "Smell Update"?

That seems a bit far fetched.

Can you smell update? doesn't work well. If they'd have said, Can you spell that?, it would make more sense.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Lets not get the hype up like last time, and we can assume it's not a magic update.

If it was a new spell book she would of likely said Can you "spell" update? in quotations.

It's not in quotes so i'm going to assume she means spelling as in typing.

If I would have to guess, its a spell checker (which would be a decent update in its own aspects).

Could also be some sort of update to the quick chat system.

It's best to assume what it will likley be, rather than what we want it to be. That way we don't get disappointed ;)

dawnsigblue-3.png

Jagex have already used up their "one magic update a year allowance* with autocasting this year. So it can't be magic... :P

Yes but the autocasting update could have been the preperation for this update?

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Jagex have already used up their "one magic update a year allowance* with autocasting this year. So it can't be magic... :P

Most likely, and they also need to intruduce soul altar, but to do so they need a high demand for soul runes, hence the guthix spellbook, wich will use soul runes as a primary rune intead of blood/death/chaos.

It probably isn't FTP3 because when we think it is, it isn't. :P It must have been 5 times we've thought it was FTP3 but turned out to be something else. :S

Sounds like something to do with magic, but can't think of anything with magic that needs changing.

imagangster.png

Most likely, and they also need to intruduce soul altar, but to do so they need a high demand for soul runes, hence the guthix spellbook, wich will use soul runes as a primary rune intead of blood/death/chaos.

Where did you get that information..?

Where did you get that information..?

In a few of the Q&As players brought up soul rune spellbooks

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Its obviously a spellchecker since people arent able to spell "Lol" anymore, they say L, which could be anything starting with the letter "L".

I think it will be an update to how spells look, but not a new spellbook.

I would love a spellchecker, but...

People who spell poorly, for the most part, don't care. Seems like a lot of people would just turn it off (assuming there is an off option).

People who speak in other languages could just be annoyed? (For this reason, I hope we can turn it off.)

I don't know that this would have much of an impact on the community, really, so I'm hoping it's not a spellchecker in the end. I think it would make two weeks in a row with very little content added. If we get spellchecker, I'd like to see it just "In Other News..."

"All that is gold does not glitter..."

I will put a stake on the ground, bless it, garnish it and claim it will be a mage improvement.

I will dance merrily around said stake in the ground and sing songs of agreement....

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]