Post and discuss all Jagex Twitter updates here!

forestfrolic

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its either Kuradal or Fairy Queen

either one will be cool. if its a slayer update then that is cool or a new fairy quest that could even be better since the slayer update was suppose to be more along the line of training slayer not rewards but hey slayer is one of the best skills ever =D. just have to wait and see =p probly wont be till at least Tuesday.

a4d6cf8282.png

100122210315.png

either one will be cool. if its a slayer update then that is cool or a new fairy quest that could even be better since the slayer update was suppose to be more along the line of training slayer not rewards but hey slayer is one of the best skills ever =D. just have to wait and see =p probly wont be till at least Tuesday.

have until the 7th to finish the Cryptic clues which means game content monday.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

"For those who have not completed the Cryptic Clue Fest, we will be removing it from the game on the week commencing 7th December, so you have a few more days to unravel it."

Read again.

<3

"For those who have not completed the Cryptic Clue Fest, we will be removing it from the game on the week commencing 7th December, so you have a few more days to unravel it."

Read again.

Ah I expect it by tuesday because of last weeks thursday update, they need to bring it back to a normal timeframe

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

My bet is on kura, she is teleporting around in random places. I define that a journey of a sort, probably next week she will find her destination.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

This month we are getting some guild content, a slayer update, a quest and the Christmas Event (they may as well just give us the BTS as they've said what we're getting anyway) and there's four Tuesdays left in the month, so it'd either be one of those?

Probably Kuradal as final destination may refer to the films with the same name (death = slayer?) and she as it's a female character (obviously :P). It probably won't be FTP3 this week as it never is when we think it is. :P

imagangster.png

Slayer master for 120+ would be nice. Maybe she'll assign some Icefiends from the new castle. A range addition for Slayer would also make me happy, as I need to change that.

Then again, it's not all about what I want, is it? :razz:

"All that is gold does not glitter..."

Slayer already has an update to train it faster. Smoking Kills. Why the hell do they constantly release updates to train skills faster, but release nothing for the levels you'll be getting faster? Where is the logic in this? I swear if they make Slayer even easier to do than it already is, I'm gonna be so mad. Slayer already slipped from being one of the top skills that have the least 99s. Isn't it like 6th or something now? :angry: Sure, a Black Mask for magic or range is perfectly fine, but I'm betting they make something completely unrelated to what Slayer actually needs. It'll probably be something that makes melee Slayer even easier.

If you wanna make a skill easier to train, then add something to train FOR? :wall: And well, seeing as no 90+ Slayer monsters are even planned this year, well that's just stupid. Make Slayer easier to train... why, exactly? :rolleyes:

How about fixing the Construction Cape... that's something that's actually needed, not making a skill easier to train for no reason. Construction Cape looks like a damn hunchback, and it's been that way for months. <_<

^You're absolutely right. Slayer is an absolute pushover to train right now. :roll:

Lep, you really seem to be a pessimist about these things. This could be a high level slayer master, a new item, anything.

So why assume that you'll hate the update before you even see it? If you know that you'll hate every update, and everything that the company does, perhaps you should find another game....

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

^You're absolutely right. Slayer is an absolute pushover to train right now. :roll:

Lep, you really seem to be a pessimist about these things. This could be a high level slayer master, a new item, anything.

So why assume that you'll hate the update before you even see it? If you know that you'll hate every update, and everything that the company does, perhaps you should find another game....

Because he feels the need to complain about it since he already has 99 Slayer, God forbid anyone get it any easier than he did!

He has a point though. Why make levelling that much faster if there isn't anything to do at that higher level? They should fill in the gaps while doing so.

Well, tbh very few of the recent updates have been to level skills faster. In-fact its been quite the opposite.

And as for slayer, a new master doesn't necessarily mean faster xp. I wouldn't say Shilo is much faster than Sumona. Different masters are more about variety than difference in speed. And an item like gives mage/range boosts to slayer certainly wouldn't make the skill any faster to a point of unbalance.

Also consider reasons why they haven't filled in certain gaps yet. Suppose there's a level 95 slayer monster that fits perfectly into the eastern lands quest, 3 quests after the beginning of the series. The monster would not be released until eastern lands were complete and 2 quests before it, which could be a long time for graphics and development teams to work on a huge project such as that. Would you really want them to stop making any slayer updates until that 95 update was released a year+ from now?

Like Jagex has said before, sometimes we can't see the big picture because we don't know what updates are in store for us in the future. /rant

OT Im thinking this week might be FT:III, since its about the time QA should be finished with it. If not then FT should be next week for sure.

dawnsigblue-3.png

He has a point though. Why make levelling that much faster if there isn't anything to do at that higher level? They should fill in the gaps while doing so.

This exact reason was why Living Rock Caverns was awesome but the woodcutting rebalance sucked. Woodcutting is faster to train, but it's still completely worthless, whereas mining and fishing can be trained more easily now, but you actually have some incentive to level them.

This exact reason was why Living Rock Caverns was awesome but the woodcutting rebalance sucked. Woodcutting is faster to train, but it's still completely worthless, whereas mining and fishing can be trained more easily now, but you actually have some incentive to level them.

Too bad mining still sucks balls for the first 77 levels, which happens to be the make or break levels a person goes through in order to decide if they like the skill or not. We need concentrated ore for silver and iron.

Stellactic.gif

Too bad mining still sucks balls for the first 77 levels, which happens to be the make or break levels a person goes through in order to decide if they like the skill or not. We need concentrated ore for silver and iron.

Yes please! Then we can finially get iron ore back to a half reasonable price. I mean, after being stable at 100 gp each for YEARS, 1 clan hits it and not everyone is either clan manipulating it or just hoarding it in mass amounts.

I think it'll be a Slayer Guild with a new monster that drops a new item. Personally, I think it will be a 80+ Monster that drops the equivalent to the Black Mask/Slayer Helm, but for ranging. Because of all this Kuradal business (Personally, I've seen her...but only for a split second) It makes the most sense for it to be a Slayer update, most likely a guild. All the clues point to it. The "Guild content and slayer update" that was supposed to be put in this month, and her wearing a slayer cape. We'll just have to wait and see.

Coandca5.png

99Defence.png99Hitpoints.png99Range.png99Attack.png99Strength.png

Because he feels the need to complain about it since he already has 99 Slayer, God forbid anyone get it any easier than he did!

Well if I ready it correctly, then what that one JMod said, is that this is simply a training update for Slayer. No item or new monster or anything. I don't care as much about someone getting to 99 Slayer faster than the rest have as I care about what the purpose of even releasing a Slayer training update is if there's no reason to train it higher. That Woodcutting rebalance update is a perfect example of this, like troacctid said.

Sure, they'll release higher updates for these skills in the future to compensate for even training them higher at ALL. (Just look at skills like Defense! In 8 years it already has a purpose at level 78! :roll: :shock: ) It's only a matter of how many years until that happens. <_<

I think it'll be a Slayer Guild with a new monster that drops a new item. Personally, I think it will be a 80+ Monster that drops the equivalent to the Black Mask/Slayer Helm, but for ranging.

Im pretty sure there won't be slayer guild YET. And if guild brings us new slayer monster it won't drop item for ranging, because we just got aquanite which drops ranging ammy. :/

But ye OT: Im quite sure it's going to be FTPIII

Well if I ready it correctly, then what that one JMod said, is that this is simply a training update for Slayer. No item or new monster or anything. I don't care as much about someone getting to 99 Slayer faster than the rest have as I care about what the purpose of even releasing a Slayer training update is if there's no reason to train it higher. That Woodcutting rebalance update is a perfect example of this, like troacctid said.

Sure, they'll release higher updates for these skills in the future to compensate for even training them higher at ALL. (Just look at skills like Defense! In 8 years it already has a purpose at level 78! :roll: :shock: ) It's only a matter of how many years until that happens. <_<

A NEW way of training does necesarily mean a FASTER way of training. Look at Soul Wars, it was a new way of training slayer, but its in no way faster and even less profitable then normal slaying.

I have a feeling this slayer master could be a future random event and would be linked to the long awaited randomly generated scenarios.

Just imagine, she pops up on 5 different slayer locations and teleports 5 slayers to a location to kill a monster (safe random event) and offers a slayer related reward to the surviving players.

Just trying to think outside the box.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

I have a feeling this slayer master could be a future random event and would be linked to the long awaited randomly generated scenarios.

Just imagine, she pops up on 5 different slayer locations and teleports 5 slayers to a location to kill a monster (safe random event) and offers a slayer related reward to the surviving players.

Just trying to think outside the box.

I thought Randomly generated scenarios turned out to be Mobilising Armies?

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].