Post and discuss all Jagex Twitter updates here!

forestfrolic

That reminds me. We're supposed to hear more about the Eastern Lands this year (according to February BTS). If they give any more hints, it should be within the next 10 days.

The background on the twitter page does look Easternish. There's a samurai on it. The hills in the background also look like some Asian landscape.

Who's to say that Runescape's eastern lands are the same as Earth's east? Although, looking at the map now it looks vaguely like Earth.

The main reason for this, is the samurai located on the port phasmatys ports. He states that he comes from the east, which is over the sea east of the port.

Another interesting thing, is that when port Phasmatys was still a living town, it based it's income on trading with the lands to the east.

Scherzo.png

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That reminds me. We're supposed to hear more about the Eastern Lands this year (according to February BTS). If they give any more hints, it should be within the next 10 days.

The background on the twitter page does look Easternish. There's a samurai on it. The hills in the background also look like some Asian landscape.

Who's to say that Runescape's eastern lands are the same as Earth's east? Although, looking at the map now it looks vaguely like Earth.

The Jagex twitter background is in connection to the new strategy game War of Legends and has probably nothing to do with RuneScape.

The Jagex twitter background is in connection to the new strategy game War of Legends and has probably nothing to do with RuneScape.

Yes it looks like it, also the image is called WOLTBG.jpg
imagangster.png

They said on the Content team QA that they are not going to make Eastern Lands before Prifddinas, Menaphos and Acheron.

They said on the Content team QA that they are not going to make Eastern Lands before Prifddinas, Menaphos and Acheron.

In other words, expect it in 2012 at the earliest. :P

In other words, expect it in 2012 never at the earliest. :P

11th to 99 Summoning

85th to 99 Runecrafting

soulattacker.png

Erm whats acheron?

It's some landmass that's north of the Fremennik province, I think. It hasn't been released yet, but it has been talked about some in the game. Supposedly it's like the Ice Gate area from Desert Treasure and has mammoths.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Apologies for the lack of update hintage, I got snowed in on Friday! I think that you can guess what is coming... -Ems(RSDev)

Obvious hint is obvious. :P

Hope the Christmas event will be fun.

A tweet from a few days ago for those who missed it:

The first monthly Jagex #RuneScape Newsletter is out & up on our forums at http://[Censored - Don't use a URL shortner]/6VnTCY. Ajd

Yeah, totally suck if they got snowed in. Since today, at least in the US it's the first day of Winter and my lovely home of Seminole, Florida finally got down below 50 degrees this morning. I'll even have to put on a sweater before I go to work. <_<

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Er, no, they didn't get snowed in. Their office is in the south of England after all. It almost never snows here and when it does it's about an inch or two. The only snow we've had was on Thursday which didn't stop anyone round here driving to work. That'll probably be the last of the snow until next year now. I've lived here all my life and I've never even been close to being snowed in....

Florida is on the same latitude as the Sahara desert/North Africa so I'm surprised the temperature gets that low.

Capone Sabre since April 2001.

99 Attack, Defence, Strength and Hitpoints Achieved January 2005. When it still meant something.

Capone_Sabre.png

Er, no, they didn't get snowed in. Their office is in the south of England after all. It almost never snows here and when it does it's about an inch or two. The only snow we've had was on Thursday which didn't stop anyone round here driving to work. That'll probably be the last of the snow until next year now. I've lived here all my life and I've never even been close to being snowed in....

Florida is on the same latitude as the Sahara desert/North Africa so I'm surprised the temperature gets that low.

Latitudes don't mean that much when you consider the jet stream and all the stuff that occurs over the US. Depending on the jet stream we can get a blast of cold air that drives us down to around the high 20s at the absolute lowest, but this only occurs about 3 or 4 days a year. Our lows in the colest parts of winter are typically around the 40s to low 50s. Maybe a day or two in the 30s. Last time we got even the slightest snow was in '89 and I was 4 at the time and don't really remember it.

Latitudes don't mean that much when you consider the jet stream and all the stuff that occurs over the US. Depending on the jet stream we can get a blast of cold air that drives us down to around the high 20s at the absolute lowest, but this only occurs about 3 or 4 days a year. Our lows in the colest parts of winter are typically around the 40s to low 50s. Maybe a day or two in the 30s. Last time we got even the slightest snow was in '89 and I was 4 at the time and don't really remember it.

Actually Cambridge is in East England, not South England.

Most notably it is part of the East Anglia region, not all that far from my home town of Norwich. I am in Norwich for the holidays and can safely say we've had alot of snow for the past few days and my mum got snowed in on friday and I barely got back from the train station. So it is totally possible some Jmods got snowed in, especially if they commute from other areas (eg the 30min train journey to norwich where ppl did indeed get snowed in)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Come to think of it, I'm a little surprised they didn't update today. They knew when they were gonna update with the Christmas event, same as with the Halloween event and they had that out on Monday, but not this one. That kinda stinks. Nothing bad, but kinda let my hopes down. :mellow:

Come to think of it, I'm a little surprised they didn't update today. They knew when they were gonna update with the Christmas event, same as with the Halloween event and they had that out on Monday, but not this one. That kinda stinks. Nothing bad, but kinda let my hopes down. :mellow:

Hopes back up, now? :wink:

Seems she was really snowed in, but they weren't today!

"All that is gold does not glitter..."

They were until I went over to Laggy-Impfest '09. I was a little annoyed with that.

They were until I went over to Laggy-Impfest '09. I was a little annoyed with that.

I would wait until the servers aren't as loaded.

On a different note, I sure hope they have another update next week. Let's finish 2009 with a bang! \:D/

"All that is gold does not glitter..."

I would wait until the servers aren't as loaded.

On a different note, I sure hope they have another update next week. Let's finish 2009 with a bang! \:D/

Fairy Tale 3 + Bloom plz. :P

Epic way to end the year.

Dollars to dougnuts that next week is an off week. And with it the week beteen Christmas and New Years, I can't really blame them.

Fairytale 3 has been in QA for a while now though.

Save it another week and start out 2010 with a bang. Release it next week and it'll fail in it's ability to save a crappy year.

And I say crappy because not nearly enough happened.