Post and discuss all Jagex Twitter updates here!

forestfrolic

it's always on the first page anyway.

Basically this. It was discussed before but decided against being stickied. There are already six stickies in General Discussion and adding another one would just create more clutter at the top of the page and push other topics down further.

On another note I wonder what their first tweet of the new year will be. Happy New Year wishes maybe?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically this. It was discussed before but decided against being stickied. There are already six stickies in General Discussion and adding another one would just create more clutter at the top of the page and push other topics down further.

On another note I wonder what their first tweet of the new year will be. Happy New Year wishes maybe?

Maybe an apology for the two weeks without a single update? Psh like that would happen. <_<

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Maybe an apology for the two weeks without a single update? Psh like that would happen. <_<

Err... it's been Christmas? Jagex deserve a break. Have a heart <_<

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

tbh the jaflex should make their updates b4 christmas and then release them into a game on christmas i mean it doesnt take much time to run into hq and hit update, and its not theres already 25 quests done developing

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

tbh the jaflex should make their updates b4 christmas and then release them into a game on christmas i mean it doesnt take much time to run into hq and hit update, and its not theres already 25 quests done developing

That's wrong.

I actually remember a Jmod mentioning in a Dev Blog how update days are frantic and they have to coordinate loads of simultaneous releases ect...

Would YOU want to be dragged into work over Christmas? Nobody wants to work at Christmas and generally most businesses close or let their staff have time off. I don't see why people think Jagex should be an exception.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

That's wrong.

I actually remember a Jmod mentioning in a Dev Blog how update days are frantic and they have to coordinate loads of simultaneous releases ect...

Would YOU want to be dragged into work over Christmas? Nobody wants to work at Christmas and generally most businesses close or let their staff have time off. I don't see why people think Jagex should be an exception.

I don't begrudge them taking the week after Christmas off as it includes New Years as well. I'm cool with that. It's the week after that one that flares my ovaries. You telling me they can drag themselves in on the 6th to give us our update? I'm annoyed.

That's wrong.

I don't begrudge them taking the week after Christmas off as it includes New Years as well. I'm cool with that. It's the week after that one that flares my ovaries. You telling me they can drag themselves in on the 6th to give us our update? I'm annoyed.

They're propably going to be drunk during the entire week.

priest_wiz.png

That's wrong.

Rach, it was sarcasm....

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

That's wrong.

Rach, it was sarcasm....

Yeah lol i have been on rsof too much

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

My grandpap always advocated that there is no such thing as a free lunch. He believed firmly that if you don't work, you don't eat.

Jagex is making a horrible example for businesses everywhere. They aren't abiding by the "no free lunch" policy. Instead, they are advocating communism and a degenerative society. Just giving things away isn't a good idea. It causes people to expect more things that they didn't earn; it's selfish and disgusting.

Simply put: If Jagex don't work on Christmas and New Years', they ain't gonna eat.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Hit the update button... are you serious? We don't live in the movie world pal.

cliffside1ra5.png

My grandpap always advocated that there is no such thing as a free lunch. He believed firmly that if you don't work, you don't eat.

Jagex is making a horrible example for businesses everywhere. They aren't abiding by the "no free lunch" policy. Instead, they are advocating communism and a degenerative society. Just giving things away isn't a good idea. It causes people to expect more things that they didn't earn; it's selfish and disgusting.

Simply put: If Jagex don't work on Christmas and New Years', they ain't gonna eat.

So what you are saying is that people have to work every single day and are not allowed to spend some nice holiday time with friends or family? You seem to be advocating a self-absorbed consumeristic society where companies hold money at a higher regard then their employees. People have a right to some time away from work. The game goes on regardless of whether or not we get an update once a week. People will go on about their business even if we have to wait A WHOLE 7 extra days (note the sarcasm is the caps locked words).

Not just your grandpa, lost of economics courses use the saying of TANSTAAFL (There ain't no such thing as a free lunch). But I don't think they also say to act like robots in the business world and never take a break...

And personally I don't think I, or for that matter you, can tell Jagex how they should run THEIR multimillion-dollar company. :smile:

Big_Stingman.png

That's wrong.

Rach, it was sarcasm....

It shows.

Anyway we've been told we won't get an update until next week so that's that.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

That's wrong.

Rach, it was sarcasm....

It shows.

Untill the week after next week actually.

priest_wiz.png

That's wrong.

Rach, it was sarcasm....

It shows.

Untill the week after next week actually.

Which is what I was being pissy about.

I don't see why everyone is so up in arms about 2 weeks of not having an update. Jagex aren't allowed Christmas and New Years off?

Because it's a total of 3 WEEKS without an update. Including one when most people are already over their hangovers.

priest_wiz.png

I don't see why everyone is so up in arms about 2 weeks of not having an update. Jagex aren't allowed Christmas and New Years off?

Because it's a total of 3 WEEKS without an update. Including one when most people are already over their hangovers.

Yeah I forgot that there was nothing except new content left to do on Runescape.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

Yeah, if you saw the last page of posts I mentioned that I don't begrudge them this week off. It's after Christmas and tomorrow being New Year's Eve. That's all fine. It's the week of the 4th-10th that aggravates me because that is much further past the holidays.

Yeah I forgot that there was nothing except new content left to do on Runescape.

I'm glad you think the same :thumbup:

priest_wiz.png