Post and discuss all Jagex Twitter updates here!

forestfrolic

In runescape, nerf is used towards anything jagex do that the player in question doesnt like. Yes, its used wrong. Yes, nerf is a toy brand which I didnt even know about untill you said it and yes, nerf is the opposite of buff.

Shall we get back on topic?

Hi all, we're starting the new year off with a really cool spotlight video on the YouTube channel. Enjoy! http://[Censored - Don't use a URL shortner]/xeh2V -Mod Crow

If it's talking about the Guitar Hero style video, then it's AWESOME!

@xxshady: Maybe he was wrong, but there's no point in being a [bleep] about a small misunderstanding, is there? Also, before you go calling us kids, then spell a easily spelt word. Embarrass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0W1Sn3p_D4

Go to 4:21. :P

imagangster.png

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh please. You're not going to die if there's no update for another week. There's always plenty of material you can play, and things that you haven't tried before. What's wrong with using Twitter to redirect us to other forms of content?

Tact.gif

Oh please. You're not going to die if there's no update for another week. There's always plenty of material you can play, and things that you haven't tried before. What's wrong with using Twitter to redirect us to other forms of content?

This is true if you're a level 80 something with still tons to do. There are a lot of us who play the game in large part due to new content releases. If their is no new content, then a large part of why we play goes up in smoke. Hence, we kvetch about it.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Before you complain about how few updates there have been around Christmas, please ask yourself how much YOU have been working (or studying, if your still in school) around Christmas.

Also, if the *only* reason you play RS is for new content, you should take a break for like 6 months. Or a year. Well, that's just be, but there should be enough to keep you occupied when you get back.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Oh by the way guys even if Jagex wanted to release something today the heavy snowfall over last night (at least in a lot of the country) might prevent them from getting into work anyway :unsure:

I think Jagex saw this coming :blink:

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Oh by the way guys even if Jagex wanted to release something today the heavy snowfall over last night (at least in a lot of the country) might prevent them from getting into work anyway :unsure:

So they're meteorologists too? Is there anything they can't do?

Oh yeah, fix the in game economy...

read ban appeals.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

read ban appeals.

I can't believe that when jagex loads an update so many people criticise it then when they don't so many people still criticise them!

Look England at the minute is in the grip of quite "bad snow conditions" with Cambridge being one of the worst hit areas here according to the news. So stop criticising the fact that they may have the odd day off work because of the snow. Many of the creators and developers probably have families and kids so it might only be a little bit fair that they get a little bit of slack from us and a little bit extra time with their families. So before you start blaming Jagex for it all etc blame this stupid governement we have here that isn't even able to handle this little bit of white stuff. -.- [/rant]

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

I agree with Ezk, yeah, there has been heavy snowfall all over the uk and Ireland today. So stop bloody whining about every update we get, or whine that there isn't one when there is supposedly gonig to be one. Take what you get and live with it. If you feel like you could make a better update, go on ahead.

but yeah, update sun plz flembex@

:mrgreen:

I'd say monday for update, surprise surprise.

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

read ban appeals.

I can't believe that when jagex loads an update so many people criticise it then when they don't so many people still criticise them!

Look England at the minute is in the grip of quite "bad snow conditions" with Cambridge being one of the worst hit areas here according to the news. So stop criticising the fact that they may have the odd day off work because of the snow. Many of the creators and developers probably have families and kids so it might only be a little bit fair that they get a little bit of slack from us and a little bit extra time with their families. So before you start blaming Jagex for it all etc blame this stupid governement we have here that isn't even able to handle this little bit of white stuff. -.- [/rant]

The snow had nothing to do with the no update, they said on the 21st that there was not an update till atleast the 11th (in future updates). It wasn't even forecast back then. The snow is not that bad there either.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

I think Libs made a point a while ago about people buying Members and getting only 1-2 measly updates in their month. Kinda feel sorry for those who got a weeks membership for Xmas and have no new updates for practically their entire membership.

However, that does seem impractical given if it was their first month of membership they would have huge amounts of new content unlocked and probably would not care that there aren't any new updates.

It's been a hell of a ride.

2002-2013

It does seem a bit long. But tbh even if they had planned an update for this week I bet you anything with the weather this week they wouldn't be able to do it anyway.

Ezkaton, the snow isn't the reason for the lack of updates. They said a couple of weeks ago, before the snow, that their would be no update. That was the point of my sarcastic post. I guess you like so many others, pretty much only read the last 2 or 3 posts before you post yourself.

Now, had they had an update planned, and this happened and they had to push it back, that's completely understandable. I wouldn't have issues with them. It's not like MMG can control the weather... yet.

And this last week is when they should have to have an update to cancel. They should've had one ready, not been able to do it, and pushed it back. Not having one at all is to put it honestly, is rubbish.

Firstly, sarcasm dunt work on teh interwebz

The snow had nothing to do with the no update, they said on the 21st that there was not an update till atleast the 11th (in future updates). It wasn't even forecast back then. The snow is not that bad there either.

and if they said there awasn't gonna be an update until about the 11th, why's everybody whining?

EAVnEYl.png

and if they said there awasn't gonna be an update until about the 11th, why's everybody whining?

Nothing else to do... :roll:

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

This is true if you're a level 80 something with still tons to do. There are a lot of us who play the game in large part due to new content releases. If their is no new content, then a large part of why we play goes up in smoke. Hence, we kvetch about it.

I call BS. Have you earned all the minigame rewards, much less even tried them all? Have you done all the quests and subquests? Have you done all the achievement diaries, or if you have not, why aren't you working toward raising those skills needed? Have you explored all of RS and unlocked every piece of music? Even if you have done all these things and more, you can still make your own fun. There's a lot more you can do on RS besides waiting on new content to be released.

Tact.gif

It's not whining. Those of us who pay for our membership expect jagex to keep up a regular update schedule. For those of us who reupped just because of christmas and have already gone through the vast majority of other content in the game it's a real let down and money waste.

Personally I hate to grind so i have no interest in going for 99's, i'm not really big on boss hunting, and i've played all the minigames and done all the quests, so what is there left for me besides waiting for new content?

Edit - i also strongly dislike pvp.

When i pay for a month of membership i expect that within those 4 weeks, there will be at least 2 updates. Now i don't expect an update every week, and i can even accept the occasional 2 week gap. But with waiting until the 11th for a new update, that will spell an entire month(11th dec is when a chrismas warble came out) without an update. That means one full membership period without a single update. That is just not fair to those of us who pay and have come to expect a certain standard.

Then again maybe the 11th is going to spell some massive game changing super update and we'll all be singing praises, who knows, but for now i just want the normal update schedule.

Edit 2 - Granzi while you may see those as unaccomplished things to do, some of us see them as droll and boring. For me i play the game for quests. When no new quests are available i generally lapse into inactivity. Like i said before, I'm not interested in a lot of the common goals. I don't give a damn about castle wars armor or void or infinity robes. I do want to finish my achievement diaries and am working towards it but that's more of a goal just to pass the time until a new quest comes out. As far as music, i never have it on so i don't give a damn about unlocking it. And yes i have completed all quests and subquests.

You see while there may be things to do technically, some of us just don't like doing those bloody things, and i find it very ignorant of you to assume that just because they exist means we should want to do them.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

Well, there are tons of things you can to to be fair with ya, so don't complain there's nothign to do.

and @Magzar:

Jagex do the same every year, there is a break of the updates after new years till around a week after, if i'm not mistaken.

But also, as you replied to granzi; yes, you play teh game for the quests, as I did, btu there is so much more than questing in the game and if you don't like ti so much and you only have members for quests then you'll be disappointed imo, as not every update is a quest :???:

EAVnEYl.png

Jagex shouldn't cater to transitory players. I would rather they go months without updates for one great one. This game has so much variety that I find it hard for anyone to say that there is no content that they truly enjoy and can have fun playing. If you can't afford P2P, there is plenty to do in F2P. Furthermore, friends are what make this game fun. Update or no update, all your RS friends, some of whom I consider as good or better than my real friends, friends will be online.

rhupajiva.png

Well, there are tons of things you can to to be fair with ya, so don't complain there's nothign to do.

and @Magzar:

Jagex do the same every year, there is a break of the updates after new years till around a week after, if i'm not mistaken.

But also, as you replied to granzi; yes, you play teh game for the quests, as I did, btu there is so much more than questing in the game and if you don't like ti so much and you only have members for quests then you'll be disappointed imo, as not every update is a quest :???:

I have not complained anywhere about the no update... I was just being sarcastic towards those who did.

And for atleast the last 3 years there has been a game update first week back.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

It's not whining. Those of us who pay for our membership expect jagex to keep up a regular update schedule. For those of us who reupped just because of christmas and have already gone through the vast majority of other content in the game it's a real let down and money waste.

Personally I hate to grind so i have no interest in going for 99's, i'm not really big on boss hunting, and i've played all the minigames and done all the quests, so what is there left for me besides waiting for new content?

Edit - i also strongly dislike pvp.

When i pay for a month of membership i expect that within those 4 weeks, there will be at least 2 updates. Now i don't expect an update every week, and i can even accept the occasional 2 week gap. But with waiting until the 11th for a new update, that will spell an entire month(11th dec is when a chrismas warble came out) without an update. That means one full membership period without a single update. That is just not fair to those of us who pay and have come to expect a certain standard.

Then again maybe the 11th is going to spell some massive game changing super update and we'll all be singing praises, who knows, but for now i just want the normal update schedule.

Edit 2 - Granzi while you may see those as unaccomplished things to do, some of us see them as droll and boring. For me i play the game for quests. When no new quests are available i generally lapse into inactivity. Like i said before, I'm not interested in a lot of the common goals. I don't give a damn about castle wars armor or void or infinity robes. I do want to finish my achievement diaries and am working towards it but that's more of a goal just to pass the time until a new quest comes out. As far as music, i never have it on so i don't give a damn about unlocking it. And yes i have completed all quests and subquests.

You see while there may be things to do technically, some of us just don't like doing those bloody things, and i find it very ignorant of you to assume that just because they exist means we should want to do them.

No we don't expect updates. Those of us paying for membership do so because we expect a bigger world, more skills, making things easier to train. To be fair not getting an update shouldn't bother members, you still wont get a free Dragon Platebody, or an automatic 99 so apart from a little bit of something like maybe a quest or a skill update what do we miss? Nothing much? Yes?

And if you've done all that then why are you playing? If you're that bored that all you do is log in for updates what's the point? There is always something to do, skills to be raised, MTK to be done, monsters to kill, the variety on runescape is there for us to take not for Jagex to plonk right infront of us. I've recently got bored again of combat and slayer, I spent yesterday doing agility, I spent today fishing, tomorrow I'll do something else...... You have 28 skills to rise, so raise them. Jagex didn't just create them for the lulz. Each helps players in different ways so explore them. And if you're really that bored after all that then why don't you buy another games console or something? Or go play another game?

So don't preach that members expect a certain standard and schedule, we shouldn't. Jagex work hard, and they do damn well with their pressure. No matter what update is released SOMEONE will complain. We already have the standard for the game as we pay what? Between £3.50 and £6 in the UK (don't know what it is for others but it's the exchanged equivalent) The standard is that we get skills, we get achievement capes, we get bosses, we get everything that free players do and more.

NOTE: Libs I apologise if it seemed that I took your post the wrong way..... I actually found it rather humorous about them being meteorologists, I was kinda replying to the past 3 pages worth of posts complaining that there wouldn't be an update till the 11th yet Jagex could still make twitter updates etc.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D