Post and discuss all Jagex Twitter updates here!

forestfrolic

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like 2010 will begin with a bang! :mrgreen: The updated Nomad looks far more evil than the old one, almost like Darth Vader without his helmet. And according to Zimberfizz he's been paying regular visits to the Soul obelisk... Maybe he's charging himself for the upcoming Ritual? Assuming he is a Mahjarat of course.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

What's so special about the Nomad?

Also, if this is the next Zaros quest, is it very likely that While Guthix Sleeps will be a prerequisite?

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Info on Nomad from RS Wiki:

* On 21 December 2009 Nomad had a graphics update.

* Nomad built the Soul Obelisk.

* A hint from the Chaos Elemental also stated, after decoding, "You've been warned about Soul Wars. Nomad is to be feared." Based on this clue, and the fact that he practices necromancy, it is suspected that Nomad might be the Zamorakian Mahjarrat Bilrach in disguise.

Necromancy Skill?- meh prob not

'Nother Mahj quest? - Is my guess

Just throwing some stuff out there.

chris_924.png

What do you guys think about the chance for a soul runecrafting altar?

That's a very plausible idea. :o

If I had to guess I'd put my money on it being a quest of some sort. Not necessarily a grandmaster one though, that might be expecting a bit too much. (Although I wouldn't complain if it was :))

Well, I don't think they'll make a skill around an NPC, and he's already involved in a minigame, so my guess is a new quest. Maybe you can gain acces to the soul altar, which would be nice as runecrafting would be somewhat complete, but I don't think it'll be used much. Soul runes are only 310 gp each without the increased supply so I think it would be best if they made it a really high lvl rune (maybe 90+) but make it give more xp, so you'll be able to get around 80k rc exp/hr, without profiting that much.

I know that it would make 99 rc easier to get, but this seems to be the trend with other skills, like woodcutting which has become considerably faster after the so called rebalance.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Well, I don't think they'll make a skill around an NPC, and he's already involved in a minigame, so my guess is a new quest. Maybe you can gain acces to the soul altar, which would be nice as runecrafting would be somewhat complete, but I don't think it'll be used much. Soul runes are only 310 gp each without the increased supply so I think it would be best if they made it a really high lvl rune (maybe 90+) but make it give more xp, so you'll be able to get around 80k rc exp/hr, without profiting that much.

I know that it would make 99 rc easier to get, but this seems to be the trend with other skills, like woodcutting which has become considerably faster after the so called rebalance.

They could pull something crazy off and release new spells along with the soul alter that require soul runes to use. That might prevent them from crashing if the soul alter was released maybe even make them go up if the spells are good.

Another Chaos Elemental hint down.

By the way, am I the only one who thinks Nomad looks like something out of Soul Calibur?

I'd say he looks like that Sith fellow from The Old Republic trailer.

[hide=Nomad]Nomad.PNG[/hide]

[hide=Nomad without shirt]Astaroth01.png

(Astaroth from Soul Calibur)[/hide]

Am I right?

They could pull something crazy off and release new spells along with the soul alter that require soul runes to use. That might prevent them from crashing if the soul alter was released maybe even make them go up if the spells are good.

Plus the recent nerf of double natures means a soul altar will be useful after 91(double nats would have given more profit), and an altar that is only useful for levels 90-91 is rather pointless..

Nomad.PNG

Im going with the Album cover by Disturbed. :P

(CD named "The Sickness".)

cd-cover.jpg

So this is what JaGex listens in their free time...

Yeah I was thinking that Den. And tbf it is a BEAST of an album :D

On other news it's update day today isn't it?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

I'm just hoping it doesn't stink. That and that it doesn't ruin my chances at keeping questcape.

Guess what? it probably has.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber