Post and discuss all Jagex Twitter updates here!

forestfrolic

The clue could pretty much mean anything. :-?

I'd love it if a new skill were to be released but it seems like it would be tool early for that yet. It'll probably be an update for magic/runecrafting or maybe another new quest.

I wonder if that power surge across Runescape has anything to do with this update.

Yea the clue could mean anything; however generally isn't it the same for all of the twitter updates? Like last week was about waves - many things have waves in RS.

And tbf it wouldn't be surprising if the power surge did have something to do with this update....... Maybe Zaros could give us soul runes or something to help us control stuff? Or more powerful binding spells or something?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only skimmed over the thng bout life runes; but even thuogh paul said in the summoning dev diary they had planned life runes, i think he said they decided to use charms instead? as to not brig life runes into rc somehow...

Eitehr that or life runes weren' gfonna be brought into the game.

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

I'm almost as sick of hearing guesses about necromancy as I am about sailing. I just don't see what it would add to the game. With summoning we can already raise spirits, raising the dead is really not that different.

Of course, I thought summoning was never coming, so I'm not so hot at guessing new skills.

Yeah, life runes were part of the original plans for summoning, making it a separate spellbook instead of a separate skill.

Flyingjj.png

I only skimmed over the thng bout life runes; but even thuogh paul said in the summoning dev diary they had planned life runes, i think he said they decided to use charms instead? as to not brig life runes into rc somehow...

Eitehr that or life runes weren' gfonna be brought into the game.

They stopped using life runes when summoning stopped being a part of magic.

Join Future Update News! The longest running update speculation thread on the RSOF, currently on its 24 Edition

QFC 16-17-671-59680498

314v28z.jpg

Thanks to Killerwat for the sig!

You *could* use life runes to raise dead = Necromancy :)

necromancy is too much like summoning.

necromancy could be an extension to summoning, but I don't see it as a full skill like some people.

variety is the essence of life.

new ways to train existing skills?

something that affects the whole game?

Jagex said something about the new skill being a whole game at one point, and that it would change the day to day of RuneScape.

I don't like jumping to the new skill conclusion but its a thought.

4e0Vn.png

Don't know why but I smell quest, in particular Elemental workshop 3.

An element of something could also be described as the essence of something (in a way). And that strange power thing could be related to the machines in the workshops.

sig2webzx7.jpg

Essence doesnt necessarily mean rune essence.

I sure hope it does I've been collecting ess from drops for awhile lol

Well if Jagex put Cat in the hints it doesn't necessarily mean a house cat it could mean a panther, same with essence.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I wonder if that power surge across Runescape has anything to do with this update.

maybe, but i'd like to think the surge was part of what will be several months of teasing and strange events before it's related release.

the twitter post makes me think it's something small, but that might just be because it's twitter :wall:

maybe, but i'd like to think the surge was part of what will be several months of teasing and strange events before it's related release.

the twitter post makes me think it's something small, but that might just be because it's twitter :wall:

Emilee is very vague with her hints for it to be widespread on RuneScape at a peak time on a saturday night Jagex knows they're playing with fire, or rants here so it's big big big if you ask me ;)

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

"All will be revealed soon :-) Ajd"

I don't think it'll be months. I'll give it 3 weeks at the most until whatever the Strange Power is hinting at is released.

Join Future Update News! The longest running update speculation thread on the RSOF, currently on its 24 Edition

QFC 16-17-671-59680498

314v28z.jpg

Thanks to Killerwat for the sig!

Google Translations from other Jagex Twitters:

German:

Nächste Woche in #RuneScape: Vielfalt ist die Essenz des Lebens! ~Argus
Next week in RuneScape #: Diversity is the essence of life! ~ Argus

Spanish:

Esta semana que viene en #RuneScape: La variedad es la esencia de la vida - Ems(RSDev) - Achilles
This week in # RuneScape: Variety is the essence of life - Ems (RSDev) - Achilles

French:

Prochaine MAJ #RuneScape: L'essence de la vie, c'est la diversité !
Next Update # RuneScape: The essence of life is diversity!

Pretty much all the same as the English one. I was hoping for at least some sort of extra hint.

I'm sorry, but that is the vaguest hint for anything I have ever seen. Might as well have been, Next week is an update week. Sure the choice of wording, variety (new skill?) , essence (runecrafting) could possibly be something, but really, it's so vague as to be grasping at straws. That reminds me, is that same word they use in the foreign language twitters the same as they use for rune essence in game? If not, I would just throw that idea out the window. Anyway, we just had a runecrafting update. Not to say we can't have another one, just doesn't seem as likely another one so soon, unless it is soul runes.

I think I'm just going to hope it is the vaguest hint in the whole world for a new skill, based solely on the fact that one of Runescapes selling points in the variety of skills, and I think if it was anything else, they would give just a little more information on the content of the update.

edit: and yes, I know that saying that the very vague-ity of the hint is the hint that it is something big is bordering on insanity. But the border of insanity and reason is where I happily spend most of my time. (you can decide for yourself on which side :razz: )

Diversity and variety.... that means new types of things. So, recently they've done a quest and a minigame update, as well as a slight skill update. So cross all those off. That leaves..... either a new skill, new items related to a skill, or some types of rebalance.

Personally, I'm just hoping it's a Smithing update.

a70c7.png

My money is on Elemental Workshop III. It's the only hint left from the last Chaos Element's Suitcase. Also, the essence of life can refer to the "Body" and "Mind" doors from the Elemental Workshop II. As far as what they mean by variety, I'm clueless.

bleachsigsmalldp1.gif

Would be nice if it was the combat rebalance they've been talking about.

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

Necromancy = Summoning

necromancy.png

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

:o Nice find there.

If it were to be in any relation to runes it would most likely be soul runes as life runes were an idea from around RSC but got scrapped with the summoning update.

variety? is the essence of life?

Thats an old catch phrase... i think they want to breath new life into stale parts of the game. I think its taking it a little too literal to think of runes... remember 'Hold on to your robin hood hats.'?

food for thought

My guess is they will add new ways to train some skills with few ways to train them. but what could that be... each skill has plenty of ways to train them...

Or perhaps they will be adding in coloring systems to armors.

Of course Elemental workshop part 3 or improved impling xp tables would be nice too.

Necromancy = Summoning

necromancy.png

You should speak to Malignius Mortifer.

You should value new information over old information that has been in the game for 2 years and has been long forgotten about by Jagex. Summoning is bringing back dead creatures according to The Ancient Hymnal. That's the definition of Necromancy. Summoning = Necromancy, end of story. If you need even further evidence the new skill won't be Summoning, it's in WoW. Jagex said the skill hasn't been done in another MMO.

The New Skill Will be:

Sailing/Boating/Pirating/Buccaneering

Necromancy

Bard/Music

Engineering/Inventing/Science

Exploration

Sleuth

Archeology

Banana

Failing

Anchoring (Sailing was a typo)

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Or perhaps they will be adding in coloring systems to armors.

I bagsy pink torags

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D