Post and discuss all Jagex Twitter updates here!

forestfrolic

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just thought it was a clever combining of both trolling and a pun. I liked it. :thumbup:

Why does that not surprise me :P

Well, I like anything clever. I think that line would be great for anything you'd want to make fun of. Doesn't have to apply to Runescape. Could apply to Runescape 2009 though. :-P

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Hello again,

Sorry guys, but this latest version of the sticky of doo-ooo-ooom brings more...unfortunate news. However, we wanted to let you know as soon as possible.

Due to unavoidable game engine issues, we are delaying the game update for this week and will be moving it to next week.

Please accept our apologies for any disappointment caused by this announcement.

Quick find code: 16-17-535-60280044

Last time they said that it was mobilizing armies.......

I'm just hoping its graphical, if its RT or mobilizing armies related I'm not going to be exactly jumping for joy.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

When I asked about FT3 and it's length in the QA stage, Emilee made note of the specialness of FT3. I think it's going to be a very interesting quest to say the least.

Hello again,

Sorry guys, but this latest version of the sticky of doo-ooo-ooom brings more...unfortunate news. However, we wanted to let you know as soon as possible.

Due to unavoidable game engine issues, we are delaying the game update for this week and will be moving it to next week.

Please accept our apologies for any disappointment caused by this announcement.

Quick find code: 16-17-535-60280044

Last time they said that it was mobilizing armies.......

I'm just hoping its graphical, if its RT or mobilizing armies related I'm not going to be exactly jumping for joy.

That they did. I am as skeptical as you are about this. Yet, I try to take all things into consideration. This is the first time (correct me if I am wrong) they have used such teaser and in my view it would be a waste to use it on a Mobilizing Armies upgrade or any upgrade for that matter. This teaser might imply that the following update is new content and eventful. The same conclusion can be made from the problems they are experiencing right now and hence the delay. Let's hope for the best :smile:

M_A_R_T.png

When I asked about FT3 and it's length in the QA stage, Emilee made note of the specialness of FT3. I think it's going to be a very interesting quest to say the least.

A Fairy queen and her army versus a power-hungry fairly odd parent with a mob of Orks sounds interesting enough.

And time for that farmer to cough up.

priest_wiz.png

Very strange that they run into Game Engine issues the day of the update (Monday), and that it is significant enough to not be able to be fixed the next day (Tuesday). Very disappointing. Quite mean as well, to bring all the players up, then knock them down to wait another week.

All we can hope for is that they manage to fix the update for a late update this week, or they drop hints in the Knowledgebase.

Once again RSOF is invaded by people who think that they pay for updates.. :unsure:

I do hope we get another twitter hint though!

Doubt we will really tbf :/ because they've already given one for the update..... SO it's highly unlikely

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Once again RSOF is invaded by people who think that they pay for updates.. :unsure:

I do hope we get another twitter hint though!

If that is their mindset then they do. They pay to play the new updates. Not to mention when you upgrade in their graphic they list their regular updates as a bullet point.

Maybe next week a double update week? They did it back when they released one of the Dorgush quests along with another one, I forget which one though.

Oh wait, that was back when they didn't suck and weren't always trying to swerve and manipulate us.

I'm split about this change of events...

One one hand, damn I really want to find out what this is xD

On the other hand, after all this teasing and a WEEKS delay, its yet again likely to be the new skill, or atleast FT3, and I shouldn't really care seeing as I wont be able to play in another 2 weeks atleast anyways :P

But yea, I'm EXCITED

Lets bear in mind though, players create the hype ;)

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

On the other hand, after all this teasing and a WEEKS delay, its yet again likely to be the new skill, or atleast FT3, and I shouldn't really care seeing as I wont be able to play in another 2 weeks atleast anyways :P

But yea, I'm EXCITED

Yes, but red smoke tends to fuel the fire.

But yea, I'm EXCITED

Yes, but red smoke tends to fuel the fire.

True that, true that, which is why I'm EXCITED! And AFRAID to be let down -_-

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Must be a pretty big update for them to know it wont be out until next week, its only tuesday. I still call FT3 and bloom/particle effects.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Must be a pretty big update for them to know it wont be out until next week, its only tuesday. I still call FT3 and bloom/particle effects.

Or the ENGINE-CRASHING and APOCALYPTIC POWER-INDUCING RETURN OF ZAROS!!!

But propably FT3

THERE IS NO WAY THAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN

But it only seems logical its ftp3

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

The update is a new skill, Jagex have hinted at it before. At long last, we will finally get the patience skill!

Hmm I'm quite happy, next week I start new assignments and modules so the work load won't be too high, meaning I get a chance to experience it as soon as it's released rather than getting texts about it from a mate and being extremely jealous!

I was really excited to see the update this week. The delay is making me even more anxious. I really hope it's good. FTP3 is probably a good guess, like others have said.

I keep changing my mind!

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Mod Emilee did ask a very good question on the "no update this week" thread : How do we know the red mist/levitation phenomenon has anything to do with this week's (now delayed) update?

The answer is, despite comments that we would find out soon, we don't actually *know* a single thing, and "soon" is a good weasel word. We speculate and have a variety of opinions of varying degrees of silliness (ZOMG SAILING! I know it I know it I know it), but no actual knowledge. We know what the twitter hint is in a variety of languages and all point to some sort of "diversity" related to "life" (personally this made me think of evolutionary biology, but then I am scientifically minded. Perhaps the new update is a breeding/evolution based skill). Personally, I hope the red mist phenomenon is one of a series of weird phenomena that happen over the next few weeks building to something massive, each weird occurence revealing a little more of the puzzle. Kind of like the cryptic clue fest thing, but bigger and more game relevant.

Louis_Redux.png

All skills 70+ again 16/06/2010

Mod Emilee did ask a very good question on the "no update this week" thread : How do we know the red mist/levitation phenomenon has anything to do with this week's (now delayed) update?

The answer is, despite comments that we would find out soon, we don't actually *know* a single thing, and "soon" is a good weasel word. We speculate and have a variety of opinions of varying degrees of silliness (ZOMG SAILING! I know it I know it I know it), but no actual knowledge. We know what the twitter hint is in a variety of languages and all point to some sort of "diversity" related to "life" (personally this made me think of evolutionary biology, but then I am scientifically minded. Perhaps the new update is a breeding/evolution based skill). Personally, I hope the red mist phenomenon is one of a series of weird phenomena that happen over the next few weeks building to something massive, each weird occurence revealing a little more of the puzzle. Kind of like the cryptic clue fest thing, but bigger and more game relevant.

Let's all go online every saturday and see what the smites us next time.

priest_wiz.png

I just wanted a 1 day delay, not a week. :(

Oh well.

Sometimes, we get more than we asked for.

Sometimes that's bad, sometimes that's good.

End of wisdomspewing.

Looking on the bright side, now I've got some time to train Agility and do some Penance Master Horn tests. That should keep me busy for a while.

priest_wiz.png

The update is a new skill, Jagex have hinted at it before. At long last, we will finally get the patience skill!

Tbh if its the patience Skill, would posting in rants about a delayed update make you lose XP ?

And i think everyones patience level would be capped at 20-30, maybe 1 or 2 ppl would get 99, and even then to live up to the game of the skill one would pay 99k to get the cape, but cape would arrive in your bank as a update "Soon"

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen