Post and discuss all Jagex Twitter updates here!

forestfrolic

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. The hint defiantly points to the keyword "Strykes" which is misspelled and capitalized. It is either significant or a Proper Noun.

Its just a wild guess and I am likley wrong, but..

There are 3 Dragon Kin who are meaning to "get out" or escape.

The magic force we experienced recently may be related to the Dragonkin trio.

Strykes may be the name of the dragonkin species. For example, humans call each other people, not humans. Dragonkin may call each other Strykes and not Dragonkin.

A fools hope maybe, but the hint is pretty vague. So unless anyone can find a meaning for Strykes I have no idea what it could be.

EDIT: Another possibility is Fairy Tale part 3. Im guessing more this than the above since QA testing should be well done for this update now. FTP:3 Seams to be the common consensus on the RSOF.

French Twitter:

À vénérer ou sinon...

"To worship or otherwise"

Interesting. The hint defiantly points to the keyword "Strykes" which is misspelled and capitalized. It is either significant or a Proper Noun.

Its just a wild guess and I am likley wrong, but..

There are 3 Dragon Kin who are meaning to "get out" or escape.

The magic force we experienced recently may be related to the Dragonkin trio.

Strykes may be the name of the dragonkin species. For example, humans call each other people, not humans. Dragonkin may call each other Strykes and not Dragonkin.

A fools hope maybe, but the hint is pretty vague. So unless anyone can find a meaning for Strykes I have no idea what it could be.

EDIT: Another possibility is Fairy Tale part 3. Im guessing more this than the above since QA testing should be well done for this update now. FTP:3 Seams to be the common consensus on the RSOF.

French Twitter:

À vénérer ou sinon...

"To worship or otherwise"

Actually, I think you're right on target with the Dragonkin, given a few other subtleties with the hint.

1) Stryke is strikingly (no pun intended :P) similar to Shrike, which according to wikipedia is part of the "butcher bird" family. Also I just remembered that Shrykes are some sort of evil birdlike race from the Edge Chronicles, haven't really read those in a while. So yeah a birdlike violent race definitely seems reminiscent of the Dragonkin.

2) Lordofwar782 in the "strange power/earthquake" thread just linked the dragonkin to the recent earthquake. Full kudos to him for that find, but it makes me believe that your idea that they are going to "get out" is quite right because of this. In fact, it seems that the dragonkin escape 3 weeks ago during the strange power phenomena, and this update will be a quest to try and stop them... or something like that.

Also the French twitter hint translates to "To worship or else..." so it would appear to be a threat more than anything. Either we side with the dragonkin, or we get blown to pieces? Seems likely.

insipid_soup.png

I doubt were getting anything related to Dragonkin soon.

Through the hint seems like a Vampire etc. is saying it and then the worship part could be about Drakan which could also mean why your mixing it up with the Dragonkin.

Omg finally a quest involving the Dragonkin? Amazing!

Wow, lets not jump ahead of ourselves here xD OT, I think this might be some kind of minigame, possibly the impling update we know they're working on.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

stiscreenshotc.png

http://twitpic.com/11i1gf - Coming soon...

62987487cf78958110c1ee8.jpg

Uh!

Hmm if you look really closely to the w shaped things it seems they are transparent and there is something behind the (red curtain)...

jgx0016c.jpg

Doh..... My bad....

I can just picture the abuse the kid foolish enough to wear that would receive.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

This hint is painfully obvious that it's gonna be Fairy Tale part 3. Don't read that deeply into twtter hints, not every word has to mean something. I bet Stryke will turn out to be something like a new fairy or the new boss for ftp3.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

This hint is painfully obvious that it's gonna be Fairy Tale part 3. Don't read that deeply into twtter hints, not every word has to mean something. I bet Stryke will turn out to be something like a new fairy or the new boss for ftp3.

Oooh maybe a armadyl style corporal beast???

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

The only reason I think of Dragons when I see the word Stryke is because I use to be in in a clan, called Stryke Dragons...

Does Stryke have any relation to dragons, even outside of RS?

nope..did some googling and stryke really is just a misspelling of strike...so it's probably just a name.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

The Court D&D does seem like a great call - nice one!

But I am wondering, what about the French hint? Is it a perfect translation or could there be a mistake?

Perhaps if it were more along the lines of "To repent", but worship doesn't quite tie in so nicely with the Court idea.

The Court D&D does seem like a great call - nice one!

But I am wondering, what about the French hint? Is it a perfect translation or could there be a mistake?

Perhaps if it were more along the lines of "To repent", but worship doesn't quite tie in so nicely with the Court idea.

Freetranslation.com says "to revere or otherwise" so it doesn't really seem to have anything to do with court :/

There are a myriad of things this could be referring to. Currently we are waiting for two part threes (FT and EW) as well as there being 3 dragonkin and then a possible reference to the court D&D or it could be an update that hasn't been teased at all.

britonlongbo.png