Post and discuss all Jagex Twitter updates here!

forestfrolic

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope its not jsut the impling update on its own. Cause tht jsut sounded like some minor (in terms of game play) tweaks to spawn rates n such + 3 or 4 new impling types to fill gaps.

Which as the entire update for a week would blow.

I'm thinking therefore either a hunter week with many tweaks and additions

Or since its in Zanaris FTP3 will come along with it but they are jsut keeping it quiet to avoid hype.

well seeing they seem to be devoted to high lvl contecnt, dont rule out the possibillity of a new 90+ imp!

Would definitely be something i would be willing to train for (finally!)

Lord_Beloved.png

I hope its not jsut the impling update on its own. Cause tht jsut sounded like some minor (in terms of game play) tweaks to spawn rates n such + 3 or 4 new impling types to fill gaps.

Or since its in Zanaris FTP3 will come along with it but they are jsut keeping it quiet to avoid hype.

well seeing they seem to be devoted to high lvl contecnt, dont rule out the possibillity of a new 90+ imp!

Still given imp rarity, slow spawn times and pretty low xp. If the entire update was jsut to add 3 - 4 more imp types it'd be a pretty sucky update for the week.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Still given imp rarity, slow spawn times and pretty low xp. If the entire update was jsut to add 3 - 4 more imp types it'd be a pretty sucky update for the week.

Did you even read the Dev blog about the imp update? They said they were going to change the xp, and other things about them to make them more hunt worthy. They are not just gunna "add a couple imps". And even if they did, why would that be a bad update? Last week all they did was add 3 new slayer monsters? Its the things that come with it that are important. Who knows what the new imps will drop.

Correction they added 3 more slayer monsters, that can be only fought on a slayer task. Fill level gaps.

Balance the combat triangle for slayer thru hexcrest and focus sight and gave a new best mage staff to the game

While also introducing some new game mechanics.

And it was also 1 of 3 updates tht week.

Unless they have completely re-made imp catching from the ground up so its something completely different, the novelty of running around with a net to catch stupid rare spawns of 3 or 4 new impling types, only 1 of whihc will prob be rare n have a decent drop, isn't gonna be tht novel or hugely worthy of a week to itself.

Note you are assuming I'm saying itll be a bad update, I did not say this. I said JUST the impling update on its own would be sucky as it doesnt sound like a huge enough update to warrant a week to itself

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Even though it's pretty straight-forward as a clue...were there any other hints in other languages that might hint at something additional or shed even more light on an already pretty obvious update location?

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

Even though it's pretty straight-forward as a clue...were there any other hints in other languages that might hint at something additional or shed even more light on an already pretty obvious update location?

dont expect too much, last week the hint was really straight forward as well and all we got was a DD (which i will never ever do, not complaining though)

Lord_Beloved.png

You'll never do...why?

I found that visiting the pools at Oo'glog made this diversion an easy time-waster. I have the feeling that they'll bump the rewards after they see how few people are wasting so much time to get terrible rewards.

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

You'll never do...why?

I found that visiting the pools at Oo'glog made this diversion an easy time-waster. I have the feeling that they'll bump the rewards after they see how few people are wasting so much time to get terrible rewards.

im 99 summon

Lord_Beloved.png

Correction they added 3 more slayer monsters, that can be only fought on a slayer task. Fill level gaps.

Balance the combat triangle for slayer thru hexcrest and focus sight and gave a new best mage staff to the game

While also introducing some new game mechanics.

And it was also 1 of 3 updates tht week.

Unless they have completely re-made imp catching from the ground up so its something completely different, the novelty of running around with a net to catch stupid rare spawns of 3 or 4 new impling types, only 1 of whihc will prob be rare n have a decent drop, isn't gonna be tht novel or hugely worthy of a week to itself.

Note you are assuming I'm saying itll be a bad update, I did not say this. I said JUST the impling update on its own would be sucky as it doesnt sound like a huge enough update to warrant a week to itself

Hey don't worry! They'll completely surprise us by giving one of the implings a drop that will make the whole update completely worthwhile. They'll make it so that people forget about how sucky the content was because the item that comes along with it will force you to hunt them, and by that I mean it will be something along the lines of...oh I don't know dragon arrow heads. Maybe if we're lucky they'll manage to make a item that is has no correlation between catching imps, and perhaps even manage to balance the combat triangle with them!

What I'm trying to say is, Jagex makes horrible decisions about what to do with an update. If they realize the update sucks balls they whip out a good reward to make us forget. If the update is not fun whatsoever, or is completely a waste of time, they whip out a way to balance the triangle (See Dragon Arrowtips).

Stellactic.gif

Triple charms for 40 minutes is hardly a bad reward.

Since charms are the hardest bit of summoning and if you hit up big charm droppers like fiends or lobbies in thoose 40 minutes you could be looking at 100 more crimsons, let alone golds etc

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Triple charms for 40 minutes is hardly a bad reward.

Since charms are the hardest bit of summoning and if you hit up big charm droppers like fiends or lobbies in thoose 40 minutes you could be looking at 100 more crimsons, let alone golds etc

I spent my 38 minutes at Fiends and it was well worth it. I'm definitely going for a weekly Waterfiend trip from now on.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Next week in RuneScape: A smorgasbord of updates for you & your friends to chat about. Mod Em's (RSDEV)

I say Fremennik cooking.

i say a selection of updates to friendslist/clanchat, we've learned not to look too deep into twitter hints havent we?

Lord_Beloved.png

Next week in RuneScape: A smorgasbord of updates for you & your friends to chat about. Mod Em's (RSDEV)

I say Fremennik cooking.

i say a selection of updates to friendslist/clanchat, we've learned not to look too deep into twitter hints havent we?

Thanks for crushing my hopes and dreams :(

priest_wiz.png

I say Fremennik cooking.

Sowwy :(

i may be wrong?

Lord_Beloved.png

They did say recently that there would be an update to the way friends lists are managed so it's probably that, maybe some new cheeses to go along with it? :grin:

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Everyone in TIF's CC has been getting booted randomly at the same time today aswell, saying 'You have left the channel', so something is definitely going on with clan chat.

Orc.png

Finnish Twitter hint:

Tällä viikolla RuneScapessa: Hurja määrä päivityksiä! Tällä viikolla siis luvassa kaikille jotain. :) - Hiisi

This week in RuneScape: A huge amount of updates! Everyone is going to get something.

I say Fremennik cooking.

Sowwy :(

i may be wrong?

I hope you're right I kinda want an update to friends list and cc. Friends list seems to be so unorganized atm.

I'd be happy if they added in the elite diaries this week... :pray:

I'm trying to keep my hopes low so as to be pleasantly surprised.

But at the same time I hope you're right... I want more elite diaries even if I can't finish them :blink: Mainly because so many diaries seem to involve rewards related to farming lol

Does jagex ever plan on releasing another diary to complete the diary armour set btw?