Post and discuss all Jagex Twitter updates here!

forestfrolic

My biggest hope (and I am sure is the same as many others) is that they are making combat summons usable in single combat zones. As it is, combat summons are nearly useless.

Other than virtually every boss monster out there where they get heavy suage

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My biggest hope (and I am sure is the same as many others) is that they are making combat summons usable in single combat zones. As it is, combat summons are nearly useless.

He said combat summons and nobody uses those at bosses unless they have no idea what they're doing. But I still disagree they aren't nearly useless, they speed up slayer tasks and killing things like aviansies. I hope they allow them in single combat anyway though.

He said combat summons and nobody uses those at bosses unless they have no idea what they're doing. But I still disagree they aren't nearly useless, they speed up slayer tasks and killing things like aviansies. I hope they allow them in single combat anyway though.

Okay, maybe I misspoke. I should have said that combat familiars only have a fairly narrow usage. The big thing is that Summoning affects your combat level, but there are a very large number of areas where you can't use Summoning for combat.

Malgoradan.png

They could easily make those implings in a jar untradeable.

Killing impling trading to make them drop charms seems a bit much, maybe make them a different item when they have been traded, and let the new item not give charms, but it would be getting a bit complicated.

Okay, maybe I misspoke. I should have said that combat familiars only have a fairly narrow usage. The big thing is that Summoning affects your combat level, but there are a very large number of areas where you can't use Summoning for combat.

Other non-combat familiars can help you in combat however (unicorn/bunyip etc. etc.). Although I agree, them being usable in single combat would be awesome.

Killing impling trading to make them drop charms seems a bit much, maybe make them a different item when they have been traded, and let the new item not give charms, but it would be getting a bit complicated.

Or just make a new impling that has summoning rewards...

Stellactic.gif

Or just make a new impling that has summoning rewards...

Or just make it to where you have to catch them to get charm rewards.

Regardless I hope they make some different way to gather charms that doesn't involve combat and isn't horribly slow like thieving them is...

2dgucz6.png

My idea update would be decent charm drops for bosses, imps (the minigame ones) giving charms and a way of boosting familiar damage.

Let me remind you of one thing, making imps drop charms makes summoning totally buyable, something which they seem to have tried to avoid as much as possible.

No not from directly looting them. Say a chance of getting x amount of charms when you catch them, a spirit imp which is non-tradable and gives charms, shards or seconds or maybe a point system where you get x points per imp then you can trade them back.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

No hint this week? I hope that doesn't mean no update. I know they've got competitions and stuff, but...aren't those looked after by different parts of the Jagex company?

I don't even need massive updates each week - I'll take little ones every week and the occasional big update instead of absolutely none.

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

Next week in #RuneScape: There will be a bit of hubbub in Puro-Puro... ~Ems(RSDev)

Hunter update!

Yup, definitely the impling add-on they blogged about. Possible in conjunction with FT3?

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

I hope its not jsut the impling update on its own. Cause tht jsut sounded like some minor (in terms of game play) tweaks to spawn rates n such + 3 or 4 new impling types to fill gaps.

Which as the entire update for a week would blow.

I'm thinking therefore either a hunter week with many tweaks and additions

Or since its in Zanaris FTP3 will come along with it but they are jsut keeping it quiet to avoid hype.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

SAILING! (obligatory)

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

SAILING! (obligatory)

Seriously out-dated and annoying since Jagex have said atleast 8 times in the past 3 months there is no sailing

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I hope its not jsut the impling update on its own. Cause tht jsut sounded like some minor (in terms of game play) tweaks to spawn rates n such + 3 or 4 new impling types to fill gaps.

Which as the entire update for a week would blow.

The problem with speculation is that you make a spec out of 'u' and some guy named lation.

/house

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

SAILING! (obligatory)

Seriously out-dated and annoying since Jagex have said atleast 8 times in the past 3 months there is no sailing

That is what they want you to think.

[/spam]

If hunting implings will be made worth it i'll consider actually doing that for hunter.

SAILING! (obligatory)

Troll's sarcasm detector broke?

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?