Post and discuss all Jagex Twitter updates here!

forestfrolic

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking, "Aww man, this is another of those hints that will only make sense after the content comes out, because we don't have enough information to solve it yet..." Then I went back and looked up future update clues. Maybe it's this?

Water_troll_concept.png

I'd be psyched for a new pirate quest if that's what it is.

Isn't that a "graphical update" to Barrelchest?

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

I was thinking, "Aww man, this is another of those hints that will only make sense after the content comes out, because we don't have enough information to solve it yet..." Then I went back and looked up future update clues. Maybe it's this?

Water_troll_concept.png

Barrelchest IS a barrel though. :P

They also said in the interview where they showed it that it was a Water troll.

Water_troll_concept.png

No. Notice that the barrelchest has a literal barrel for a chest, uses an anchor as a weapon, has no reason to need a graphical update, and is not a water troll.

That fish building concept art is a thought too. Where did that come from?

Ufcourse!

The wave emote will get an update.

Yes, and some players will think it looks like a Nazi salute, so it will be changed back to normal within a week.

No guys. If you see one of your friends fishing you could hi-5 them with the chance of stealing one of their fish!

Lol Well, what are the chances of a fishing Distractions and Diversions?

hithaiti-1-1.jpg

It better be a fishing guild rework, with a dungeon and boss that drops epic loot. Hopefully the new fish they are talking about is actually the boss monster concept artwork, instead of something new to catch because we don't need any more fish.

You can never have enough fish. ;)

It better be a fishing guild rework, with a dungeon and boss that drops epic loot. Hopefully the new fish they are talking about is actually the boss monster concept artwork, instead of something new to catch because we don't need any more fish.

You can never have enough fish. ;)

I'm not sure how I'd feel if this is a fishing update, what exciting stuff can come out of it? An ivy vine version of fishing spot? Deep sea fishing? But we already have some pretty decent fish food around. With the best fish healing faster and better than the best cooking skill product, I think that we do have enough fish.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Fishing...water...ocean...sailing#@@@

(In my defense, I have NEVER said a sailing joke. Bear with me here.)

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I know someone who gave the cunning hint that it may be a fishing related D&D, since they "come in waves".

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

I'm not sure how I'd feel if this is a fishing update, what exciting stuff can come out of it? An ivy vine version of fishing spot? Deep sea fishing? But we already have some pretty decent fish food around. With the best fish healing faster and better than the best cooking skill product, I think that we do have enough fish.

Deep sea fishing would require boats... AMG, that means Sai...no...CONSTRUCTION UPDATE. :rolleyes:

But seriously, a fishing D&D would be nice.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

Didn't we just get rocktails? Wasn't that considered the high-level fishing update?

Yes I don't fish those, I'm fishing shark for big shark atm I have no interest in rocktails... I'd say that how woodcutting got a "rebalance" we might see something like that, or perhaps group fishing, I'd love deep sea fishing without a leaky boat.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

A friend of mine his opinion after reading the clue:

Fishing distraction and diversion .

Quite possible.

(And my hope, fishing + rc = most boring skills in rs atm imo)

I know someone who gave the cunning hint that it may be a fishing related D&D, since they "come in waves".

That was my suggestion on the previous page. Im claiming it if correct :P

A friend of mine his opinion after reading the clue:

Fishing distraction and diversion .

Quite possible.

(And my hope, fishing + rc = most boring skills in rs atm imo)

That was my suggestion on the previous page. Im claiming it if correct :P

Oops... We stole your idea... :oops:

I'll mention you in my memoires... :wink:

You know what else comes in waves? Barbarian Assault. Who knows, right?

Strange that

RuneScapeRSS:

[update] Barbarian Assault Improvements http://services.runescape.com/m=news/newsitem.ws?id=2566

Just came up on my twitter.. Yet the link goes to nowhere on the homepage.. :s

And its all over RSOF and all the threads are being hidden.. Nice one Jagex!

asrhasrh.jpg

Barbarian Assault was a clue from the Chaos Elemental by the way. That's likely what we're getting today.

Also, I wonder just how much they're planning to update the game?

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.