Pirated movies: Why?

Salad

CAMS are horrible. Most of those streaming sites use something like flash anyways which makes it even more horrible.

Once a movie is on TV I don't mind it, but a movie in theatres? A copy online will take reduce profits depending on who gets word and how early in release it shows up.

:lol: . Tell that to Wolverine. It wasn't all that great, everyone who watched it early said it wasn't great, and it still earned $158 million worldwide opening weekend, enough to cover the $150 cost of production.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That isn't manning up, though.

That's ignoring what you feel is a moral problem.

Thread-starter is a good person indeed--someone who wishes to fix whatever he can fix.

Though he doesn't share my views, I find his will to take action commendable.

Is he really that righteous, or would the more righteous approach be to not tattle on a site that's there in order to let people view movies for free? I mean, it's not like they're going to lose that much money.

What's up with all these goody-two shoe narc threads that seem to be invading the Offtopic? yes i consider two an invasion.

This is what you should do when you find a movie pirating site:

WATCH THE MOVIES

and save a buck. Not all of us can spend 10$ a ticket everytime a good movie comes out.

$10 isn't much unless you're a jobless and penniless child. Seriously, I'd rather have a high-quality film regardless.

Either way, don't get me started on the whole piracy argument either. Movies, I personally couldn't be bothered to pirate. It's good though that the OP has his standards and has his morals in place. I might not agree with his stance, but I will defend his right to say it.

Don't get me started on an argument about money/income. Some of us don't have the privelage of being middle class. Or above for that matter. You don't have to be a child to declare bankrupcy.

On another note, I commend the fact that Salad is defending his morals. It's highly respectable. I just happen to think that his morals are a bit uptight to be polite.

I'm not even near middle class, but I won't start that argument.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Well, integrity or not, trying to shut it down will be a futile pursuit.

There is a loophole which these free movie sites exist on: they do not host the movies, they merely provide the links to 3rd-party web pages that host them.

You can, however, report the sites that they link to. But knowing the internet, even if you shut down all the links to one movie, new links will be back in no time.

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

I wouldn't care if someone had a camera and was filming, they'd just look like an idiot.

I know some sites that you can actually get great quality movies, not just ones from a guy filming the movie from the last row and his hand shaking to make the movie quality worse.

I illegally download music and movies all the time. I still watch some movies in the movie theatre.

Just some movies like "The Hangover" I'll watch in a theatre, and "Up" I would rather watch for free and not waste my money on it.

Same with music...I'm not wasting $1 on a song. I have over 800+ songs.

tax-miley-cyrus_186x200.jpg

RSN: Zammyftw ^^The girl that ruined music.

I suppose you could download flagfox to firefox to see which country it's hosted in, and report it to it's police force.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Join us, Salad.

The Pirate way of life is dirty and dangerous--but you will be handsomely paid in digital data dubloons, snatches of this album and pieces of that movie.

I understand that your principles are clear...but you have stumbled upon an entire hive of us.

Which will it be, Salad?

Your outdated principles?

Or the chance to sail a sea of truly free information?

Arr.

I r love you <3:

I can't afford to fork out for all the movies and tv shows out there. I get £5 a week... that's it... £3.50 a week when you take out my unhealthy sweets addiction. I can't afford to go to the cinema often. Y'know... I don't find piracy a problem. It's great you have principles but my principles didn't last very long when I realised I could buy approximately 1 DVD a month-ish.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I suppose you could download flagfox to firefox to see which country it's hosted in, and report it to it's police force.

Why? What's the big deal?

Why not?

You get crappy laws and higher prices on media and software because of it. Let me give you an example, here in Sweden we've gotten IPRED as a result of all the pirating. The personal integrity washes away slowly but steady. And another example, one of my favorite games, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 wasn't released to PC due to piracy on the PC market. I don't own an XBOX or a PS3, so i just have to wait until they release their next game on PC or get a console just to play one game.

I also find it funny when some in this thread meantions "freedom" and "free information", if anything, you guys should begin with converting from the MS (or Apple) platform to the Linux platform.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

stop being a grass.

Please tell me that means grouchy [wagon]. Because that would make my day.

:lol:

grass just means er... tattle tale or whatever americans call it.

Somebody who tells on people basically.

Tk5SF.png

I wouldn't care if someone had a camera and was filming, they'd just look like an idiot.

I know some sites that you can actually get great quality movies, not just ones from a guy filming the movie from the last row and his hand shaking to make the movie quality worse.

I illegally download music and movies all the time. I still watch some movies in the movie theatre.

Just some movies like "The Hangover" I'll watch in a theatre, and "Up" I would rather watch for free and not waste my money on it.

Same with music...I'm not wasting $1 on a song. I have over 800+ songs.

At best when a movie comes out in theaters you can get a DVDSCR. They are usually basically DVD quality, but often have watermarks or timestamps. If you see something that is better than a CAM it is usually a TELECINE or TELESYNC, and neither are all that great of quality. Some movies you really should see in the theater to get the full experience (Cloverfield comes to mind), but if that's not possible it's not too hard to wait for the DVD (or DVDrip if you are going to pirate).

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Report them anyway - even if it is a losing battle, it still gets the pirate people annoyed, right? :P

Arr.

If you think piracy is wrong, then just don't watch the movie. Reporting them isn't going to get anything done, and it's just gonna make you a tattler.

mbqyk3.gif

What's up with all these goody-two shoe narc threads that seem to be invading the Offtopic? yes i consider two an invasion.

WATCH THE MOVIES

and save a buck. Not all of us can spend 10$ a ticket everytime a good movie comes out.

Have fun watching movies from ten years ago as the entertainment market crumbles into turmoil. There are several consequences to that kind of thinking.
hopesolopatriot.jpg

Report them anyway - even if it is a losing battle, it still gets the pirate people annoyed, right? :P

Can you imagine him calling the FBI for every "illegal" movie/torrent site to report them, trying to bring them down? :lol:

Join us, Salad.

The Pirate way of life is dirty and dangerous--but you will be handsomely paid in digital data dubloons, snatches of this album and pieces of that movie.

I understand that your principles are clear...but you have stumbled upon an entire hive of us.

Which will it be, Salad?

Your outdated principles?

Or the chance to sail a sea of truly free information?

Arr.

Aye, come aboard!

We can lower the gangplank, but it is your choice to board! Feel the interweb's mighty breeze and the spray of the Sea of Blogs on your face!

Avast, ye scurvy dogs! A pirate's life for me!

And whatnot...

But yeah, piracy is the norm today. Get over it.

If you could spend 1 day in my computer you would be suprised to see the pirated stuff, really, but the fect is that filming a movie like "Up" with a low-quality cam is pathetic, but the fact of filming a movie in a movie theater period is stupid. I just wanted to know if there could be a way to stop the site or something so they could get a life and stop pirating kid movies :/

ib7rVm.png

If you could spend 1 day in my computer you would be suprised to see the pirated stuff, really, but the fect is that filming a movie like "Up" with a low-quality cam is pathetic,

If it's so pathetic, then why worry about it and create a thread to find out how to report them?

but the fact of filming a movie in a movie theater period is stupid. I just wanted to know if there could be a way to stop the site or something so they could get a life and stop pirating kid movies :/

Bringing down the site, isn't going to suddenly give them "a life." They will continue to keep on pirating, and upload the movie on a newer site.

WATCH THE MOVIES

Have fun watching movies from ten years ago as the entertainment market crumbles into turmoil. There are several consequences to that kind of thinking.

Precisely, that's why people should adopt the OP's attitude.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

No, I'll have fun watching movies from talented filmmakers who are passionate about making movies, regardless of what kind of budget they have and what kind of money it makes.

If movies stop making as much money because of piracy (which is not the case, piracy doesn't affect movie sales at all) the only difference is we will see less big budget movies to safe franchises.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I think of watching movies online as free advertising.

If I like it, I'll recommend it. If I don't I still will, to tell how bad it is. Whichever they still might get better profits.

If I liked it online, I'll go buy the DVD, when I can afford it!

If you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

I think of watching movies online as free advertising.

If I like it, I'll recommend it. If I don't I still will, to tell how bad it is. Whichever they still might get better profits.

If I liked it online, I'll go buy the DVD, when I can afford it!

This is what I do. I'm a movie addict and simply cannot afford to shell out several hundred dollars a month to get movies.

Currently, the entertainment business is in a rut. Pirating is illegal but it has driven prices so high that realistically, you can't afford to see movies the legal way.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

Showing a class a cool movie isn't stealing.

Pirating isn't stealing either, it's copyright infringement. If you don't know the difference then too bad.

Currently, the entertainment business is in a rut. Pirating is illegal but it has driven prices so high that realistically, you can't afford to see movies the legal way.

High prices have nothing to do with piracy. Well, the company might raise prices and blame it on piracy but it is just an excuse to raise rates. Piracy doesn't affect the amount of legal viewers. Well, it doesn't affect it all that much. And it works both ways, piracy can hurt movie sales a bit, but it can also help them.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg