Pirated movies: Why?

Salad

Ok, here's the story: You go see a movie in a movie theater, let's say a kid movie because you're with your little brother or sister, and you see this guy in the back row looking strange. He seems to be placing a camera to film the movie, what the heck? You start laughing inside because he's filming a movie for kids, but how would you react? And why waste time filming a movie that will be a low-quality movie?

Would go stand up and scream "That guy is filming the movie!!1!1!" or go to him and say "Come on, you're pirating a kids movie." or "If you would make less noise and would not be in full green cloths, maybe it coulda worked." or just leave him?

What's your opinion on filming movies and hosting them? Are you part of the hardcore pirates on the web that have 10k$+ of pirated stuff on your computer or are you a guy that reports every act of movie piracy you see?

Discuss!

ib7rVm.png

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stop being a grass.

Please tell me that means grouchy [wagon]. Because that would make my day.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Seriously, these sites are all over the place, and besides, a good amount of them are hosted outside the USA, so they can't remove them.

Honestly, get over it, it's a norm nowadays, don't expect less.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

stop being a grass.

Please tell me that means grouchy [wagon]. Because that would make my day.

If you want it to, it can be that.

I thought [wagon] was wagon anyway?

iteme3721.jpg

Join us, Salad.

The Pirate way of life is dirty and dangerous--but you will be handsomely paid in digital data dubloons, snatches of this album and pieces of that movie.

I understand that your principles are clear...but you have stumbled upon an entire hive of us.

Which will it be, Salad?

Your outdated principles?

Or the chance to sail a sea of truly free information?

Arr.

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here..."

Join us, Salad.

The Pirate way of life is dirty and dangerous--but you will be handsomely paid in digital data dubloons, snatches of this album and pieces of that movie.

I understand that your principles are clear...but you have stumbled upon an entire hive of us.

Which will it be, Salad?

Arr.

are you single? if you are call me <3

OMG OMG SAILING IS COMING LOLOLOLOL!!!1111 b/c JAGEX GAMES STUDIO , ANAGRAM OF SAITO JUDGE X-GAMES

TAKASHI SAITO= RED SOX P1TCHER... RED SOX = BOSTON, BOSTON = PORT CITY!!!! PORT CITY = SAILING

Ok, so today I saw an ad for this site that claims you can watch free moies... I checked it out, out of curiosite (sorry for bad english) and saw that it had movies, not even out on DVD on there. To see if this was a lie, I checked the movie "Up", and I saw this guy filming it with a camera. The whole movie was there. I was totally shocked, and want to know if theres a way to report this so they can remove the site or something. Thanks.

Also, feel free to discuss what you would do if you saw someone do this in a movie theater.

You're that kid who reports Teacher substitutes in school for showing a cool movie.

Die in a fire.

1260955552084-1.jpg

Ok, so today I saw an ad for this site that claims you can watch free moies... I checked it out, out of curiosite (sorry for bad english) and saw that it had movies, not even out on DVD on there. To see if this was a lie, I checked the movie "Up", and I saw this guy filming it with a camera. The whole movie was there. I was totally shocked, and want to know if theres a way to report this so they can remove the site or something. Thanks.

Also, feel free to discuss what you would do if you saw someone do this in a movie theater.

You're that kid who reports Teacher substitutes in school for showing a cool movie.

Die in a fire.

Showing a class a cool movie isn't stealing.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Join us, Salad.

Which will it be, Salad?

Arr.

Wow. That was actually pretty [bleep]ing awesome, especially the last part. I almost wanted to start pirating stuff. But then I remembered I uphold the law in nearly every situation no matter what. Still, pretty awesome.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Die in a fire.

Showing a class a cool movie isn't stealing.

Seriously, you too?

Christ.

1260955552084-1.jpg

I would just be like "lolz." Besides, you wont see someone in the theatre with a camera, because they work hard to hide it so they dont get thrown out, since it is illegal. and there are people who report it to ushers...like my parents...

I saw up, cute movie. I watched it online too, are you going to report me?

there are sites like this all over, some are good and some are bad. It is useful for tv shows, we see them on tv for free, why is online any different?

99 Fishing

Once a movie is on TV I don't mind it, but a movie in theatres? A copy online will take reduce profits depending on who gets word and how early in release it shows up.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

...there are loads of sites like this. Have a word with youself ffs and stop being a grass.

You are an absolute fool. We don't live in the mob. I applaud the thread starter for his integrity.

Yeah you would. There are way too many sites like this to fight them all. They don't do that much damage. You're fighting a losing battle. Most people don't want to deal with something illegal anyway so they won't go for those sites.

Just man up and pretend you don't see it.

That isn't manning up, though.

That's ignoring what you feel is a moral problem.

Thread-starter is a good person indeed--someone who wishes to fix whatever he can fix.

Though he doesn't share my views, I find his will to take action commendable.

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here..."

What's up with all these goody-two shoe narc threads that seem to be invading the Offtopic? yes i consider two an invasion.

This is what you should do when you find a movie pirating site:

WATCH THE MOVIES

and save a buck. Not all of us can spend 10$ a ticket everytime a good movie comes out.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

What's up with all these goody-two shoe narc threads that seem to be invading the Offtopic? yes i consider two an invasion.

WATCH THE MOVIES

and save a buck. Not all of us can spend 10$ a ticket everytime a good movie comes out.

$10 isn't much unless you're a jobless and penniless child. Seriously, I'd rather have a high-quality film regardless.

Either way, don't get me started on the whole piracy argument either. Movies, I personally couldn't be bothered to pirate. It's good though that the OP has his standards and has his morals in place. I might not agree with his stance, but I will defend his right to say it.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

WATCH THE MOVIES

$10 isn't much unless you're a jobless and penniless child. Seriously, I'd rather have a high-quality film regardless.

Either way, don't get me started on the whole piracy argument either. Movies, I personally couldn't be bothered to pirate. It's good though that the OP has his standards and has his morals in place. I might not agree with his stance, but I will defend his right to say it.

Don't get me started on an argument about money/income. Some of us don't have the privelage of being middle class. Or above for that matter. You don't have to be a child to declare bankrupcy.

On another note, I commend the fact that Salad is defending his morals. It's highly respectable. I just happen to think that his morals are a bit uptight to be polite.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn