Nerfing the 26k trick.

gorgoroth

I still fail to see the need for any nerf. Sharks are up 400 gp, p pots are up 5k from what they were several months ago. Everything is rising by about the same %. Only people who are really being screwed are those with large cash piles. Honestly though, if you have 500m cash, you will know how to make the extra 10m needed to buy an AGS now.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still fail to see the need for any nerf. Sharks are up 400 gp, p pots are up 5k from what they were several months ago. Everything is rising by about the same %. Only people who are really being screwed are those with large cash piles. Honestly though, if you have 500m cash, you will know how to make the extra 10m needed to buy an AGS now.

But should you have to?

And when you are slaying and buying tons of ppots, they do add up quickly. Yes, we can all still afford it, but it's not right. Why should we suffer for Jagex's miscalculation?

It almost leaves us no choice but to 26k.

Stop complaining about the 26k trick. If you think there is something wrong with it, don't do it. If you're jealous people are making more money, then by all means do it. It's like having an affair; it's fundamentally wrong, but people do it anyways. If you're not getting any, stop complaining and go have an affair. Nobody's stopping you.

Runescape has been and always will be a game that gets constantly easier and easier as the years progress. In RSC, 2m was considered a lot. A year ago, 100m was a lot. Now there aren't limits on what's considered "a lot." In a similar fashion, combat training went from 15-20k/hr to over 150k an hour now. I maxed out melee at 20k/hr. People can do what I did in years in a good month now.

Stop complaining. The game is what it is.

67th member to join Tip.it

99 Attack

99 Strength

99 Defense

99 Hitpoints

99 Mage

99 Range

99 Summoning

99 Slayer

99 Prayer

Stop complaining about the 26k trick. If you think there is something wrong with it, don't do it. If you're jealous people are making more money, then by all means do it. It's like having an affair; it's fundamentally wrong, but people do it anyways. If you're not getting any, stop complaining and go have an affair. Nobody's stopping you.

Runescape has been and always will be a game that gets constantly easier and easier as the years progress. In RSC, 2m was considered a lot. A year ago, 100m was a lot. Now there aren't limits on what's considered "a lot." In a similar fashion, combat training went from 15-20k/hr to over 150k an hour now. I maxed out melee at 20k/hr. People can do what I did in years in a good month now.

Stop complaining. The game is what it is.

So we abandon all of our morals to compete with others then?

It isn't the case in the game, since the moral isn't very strong, but it's the concept you are implying.

Yes, anyone can do it. But people shouldn't have to go against what they believe is "right" in order to compete with other players. Yes, a game evolves, but better combat training methods aren't the same as this.

Better training methods are made and fully created by Jagex. When Jagex introduces any training spot or monster, they take it's training ability into consideration. That's why Jagex hasn't nuked Skeleton Monkeys, or Armored Zombies. That's simply in the game's nature to evolve, and that much you are right. However, this isn't simple evolution. This is people taking advantage of the system. While they are justified in doing so (or at least, I believe anyone who does this has a just reason), it's not in the spirit of the game that Jagex intended. Why else would they try to fix this, and why else would they try and make this against the rules?

When you played over the years, no doubt you had to go to the bigger and better training spots to compete with other players. Jagex anticipates this. However, when you have to cheat in order to compete with other players, that's where the line has to be drawn. If you have to go to better training spots, that's fine. But if you have to cheat, and are left with almost no other choice, that's not right. And that's why this has to be fixed.

. . . Stop complaining. The game is what it is.

Sorry to flame, but we rarely see posts this stupid on TIF, especially from someone who claims to be a high-level player. The game is what it is, but the game is not static. The game will change in the future, and it can either change for the better for for the worse. Most who like the game would like it to be the best possible game. So criticism of the game isn't just "complaining," it's suggestion for improvement.

punitivedsig.png

26k.png

misinformed mod?

though it was gettin "nuked"

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

26k.png

Just a heads up to everyone, Mod Tiley is a costumer support mod and they tend not to know everything that is going on at Jagex updates wise. Costumer Support mods have been wrong many times in the past and could be wrong now.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

the only bad thing about 26k is that it makes the only p2p pvp worlds full. Dead full. Sometimes it is impossible to get into one of the p2p worlds. Once took me 30 minutes to get into w86 and I gave up. I'm not saying I don't like the pvp trick; I'm saying lets have one more p2p pvp world. :)

26k trick ftw. :)

captainfalcon.jpg

http://www.runehead.com/clans/ml.php?clan=benjiben - Red Blade Hunters Memberlist

Falconboost's Ultimate Guide to Soul Wars

Proud Runescape player since 2002.

the only bad thing about 26k is that it makes the only p2p pvp worlds full. Dead full. Sometimes it is impossible to get into one of the p2p worlds. Once took me 30 minutes to get into w86 and I gave up. I'm not saying I don't like the pvp trick; I'm saying lets have one more p2p pvp world. :)

26k trick ftw. :)

Are you sure you're switching worlds correctly? You can click on a world and continuously click enter. This should at very max take five minutes. But I usually get into W2 within a minute.
hopesolopatriot.jpg

26k.png

This sets my mind at ease. even though it might be a little less than the truth i still know now tht there is not much that can be done about 26king without taking pvp away completely. Sure, im a spineless 26ker. It makes me more money than i can even think of, but i do agree its againt the nature of the game. its made me a lazy player. hope it gets changed in a month or two right after ive made my 150mil back :P

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

. . . Sure, im a spineless 26ker. It makes me more money than i can even think of, but i do agree its againt the nature of the game. its made me a lazy player. hope it gets changed in a month or two right after ive made my 150mil back :P

But, of course, by the time you get your "150mil back," it won't be worth 150mil anymore because you're not the only lazy newb whose been tricking.

punitivedsig.png

. . . Sure, im a spineless 26ker. It makes me more money than i can even think of, but i do agree its againt the nature of the game. its made me a lazy player. hope it gets changed in a month or two right after ive made my 150mil back :P

But, of course, by the time you get your "150mil back," it won't be worth 150mil anymore because you're not the only lazy newb whose been tricking.

What will it be worth? Obviously inflation means less then that, but who is to determine what the actual value of something should be? 26king has been going on for months, and statues have been bringing in money for a month. The money isn't going to leave the game without a money sink update, so the prices aren't going to go back down after the nerf(maybe slightly because of the panic it will likely cause)

The only thing that governs the prices reliably is the caps that Jagex's sets on things. That's most likely there is such a big issue with inflation is because Jagex system caps rune prices(mainly natures) at a low cost, and it screws over runecrafters.

No matter what, in the end, someone is going to get screwed over. Quit whining about it, and just let Jagex do there job. Find other ways to make money.

w4M8t.png

What will it be worth? . . . Quit whining about it, and just let Jagex do there job. Find other ways to make money.

The earlier poster was suggesting that he wanted the trick to stay around long enough for him to regain some lost ground (at least that's the way I read it). My point was that merely "getting back his 150M" won't get him back to where he was before because 150M isn't worth what it was before. It was a simple point, really. He'll need some larger number to be back where he was when he had 150M before, and that number that he'll need gets larger every day. Imagine the guy who logged off six months ago thinking that he was rich and logs on now to find that he is poor. There isn't really any arguing with this point.

I assume your real objection is to my language: "lazy newb whose been tricking." Since you're a self-proclaimed dedicated tricker, I imagine that you were offended. First, I should apologize -- the word "newb" does look a bit like name-calling now that I look at it. Second, I can't take full responsibility -- I really was alluding to the earlier poster's self-characterization: He said that tricking had made him a "lazy" player. Finally, you have to take some responsibility, too. By the way you're choosing to play the game, you're voluntarily placing yourself in a category despised by many players. You're the new equivalent of what we used to call "PC Products." That's the identity you've chosen. Don't hate me for tellling you so.

punitivedsig.png

I have tricked..I see no moral wrong in tricking, but I am no means a self-proclaimed dedicated tricker. Because of my life-style and more importantly my priorities, I probably cause less harm to this game then you as I only play around 5 hours a week average. (I'm going to generalize like you did here)

You probably play runescape 24/7, which isn't in the spirit of the game, therefore everyone should hate you that doesn't have the life to play as long as you can. By your point of view, if you do something that alters the game in anyway that gives you an advantage, you're the anti-christ of runescape. Your scum. Heck, if you've been playing for longer then the average player, you're scum, because the advantage you have gained is unfair to the average runescape player.

I say pish-posh. Let people play how they want. "Don't hate the player, hate the game", a cliche that fits perfectly here. Blame Jagex for introducing Pest Control and not thinking about the consequence. Blame Jagex for introducing 26king and not think about the consequences. The game get's easier over time, it's inevitable. They keep introducing faster ways of training, yet the caps remain at 99(they really are stuck with this). Quit treating people as if they're spit for doing what seems logical. Guess what? I came back to this game right when summer started. Before I left, I gave all my cash to my little cousin. I heard about the 26k trick, and took advantage in order to gain money for the more fun aspects of runescape(gwd), yet after a while, I began to like gaining money while training agility/mining/fishing/firemaking/combat. From then on out, I mixed it up with skilling/pking/tricking. If you looked at my cash pile right now, I have about 10m cash. I probably afford the gear for gwding, yet I actually did enjoy training my skills with brawlers, so I did this instead.

You really do need to grow up and realize that Runescape is just a game. Part of games is remorseless competition. Sometimes I swear too many people revolve they're lives around MMORPGs. People will argue that they're a social substitute. "I don't need real friends, I have internet friends". Get away from the computer and go out and experience the world.

/rant

w4M8t.png

Get away from the computer and go out and experience the world.

Has 3700 posts and 75 million experience

Oh come on that's a cheap shot. You must really have something against n64jive to say that, you don't know him in person, and it's not even like 2 posts per day and 75 million xp is crazy or anything.

sig3bh7.png

I say pish-posh. Let people play how they want. "Don't hate the player, hate the game", a cliche that fits perfectly here. Blame Jagex for introducing Pest Control and not thinking about the consequence. Blame Jagex for introducing 26king and not think about the consequences.
I completely agree.
hopesolopatriot.jpg

Oh come on that's a cheap shot. You must really have something against n64jive to say that, you don't know him in person, and it's not even like 2 posts per day and 75 million xp is crazy or anything.

Not really, don't even know the guy. I agree with the remorseless competition thing, but how did it get to him passing judgement on people by telling them what to do with their life. People care about the game since they invest time in it. That's why when JaGex adds an easily abusable feature in the game people will complain.

If the NFL players started to use steroid through a loophole and and suddenly current players started breaking records don't you think the older players would complain? Wouldn't the current players saying "Let me and my guys play how we want. Don't hate the player, hate the game." sound just a bit narrow minded and immature?

Gets off in front of his computer. And only then.

What

awesomeaa9.png

I would like to say GF Jagex. Thanx for fixing the 26k trick and making most of the items i want to buy crash like hell. Now i no longerneed 150mil to buy all i wish to buy but if my estimates are right i will require just a bit over 110mil, maybe even less. You may have stopped some people without creativity to gain ep but i stil easily get my ep. Face it, nothing can ever be done to stop tricking.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

Let's see... Join date, about 5 years ago... so average of about 2 posts per day, and about 40k XP/day

After all these illogical posters lately, I'm beginning to run out of sarcasm. I'll let you come up with your own comment for yourself that capitalizes on your ill-conceived insult ;)

77yLQy8.png