Nerfing the 26k trick.

gorgoroth

How about this: No drop from killing anyone who's ever been on your friend's list or anyone whom you've pm'ed?
"Hey, you wanna 26k?"

"Sure."

or

"Join my cc. Wanna 26k?"

"Sure."

hopesolopatriot.jpg

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That means PVP won't be profitable at all.

Sure it will. Just not in the straightforward way you might think.

For example, why does using a terrorbird while killing Green dragons give you extra money? It improves your gameplay. By doing so, it lets you bank less often, therefore "giving" you more kills. So indirectly, training summoning increases your profit/hour at green dragons.

A similar concept can be applied to the PvP drops. Think brawlers and SC tools. What if you had a drop that was an "enhanced" ring of wealth. This ring would make all rare drops occur twice as often for one hour. Therefore, using the ring would double your average profit per hour while it is equipped. In itself, it doesn't give you money, but it improves your gameplay, which in turn gives you greater profit per hour.

That was just an example. There are many more possibilities to be explored. That wasn't a good example, but you get the general idea.

My idea is to give negative EP for everytime you stand in 1 spot for more than 1 minute, i mean if you came for Pking you wouldn't stay in 1 spot waiting for someone to came and ask you, you must move and search or rush i don't know people. This would be also good for people that go skill for EP like you must skill, fight or moving places like yews, fishing would be a bit more crowed of search of people skilling that has EP so people will get more drops. Also not gaining potencial at Wildy (MAYBE) for skilling in PVP worlds in Bh you must stay in wilderness, if you go into a BH world you came for fight people not skilling.

Or even ''needed'' armor or weapons for PVP/Bh people rarely go in rune scimitar in P2P to pk, like a CB lower than 60-70 if you ranging you must bring a Gmaul or more than 100 arrows or both, armor dosent matters but at higher lvls is Xx armor and xx weps, and no mage that isnt Wave or blitz spells, i mean why bother pking at lower lvls?

High lvls: Rune plate, rune platelegs, Boots dosen't matter but must min is climbing boots, weapons is atleast dds and dragon scimitar combo, shield dosen't matters, helm is Neit or Rune full helm, glory, streght or power are the min at pking, cape dosent matters, inventory food is a must always.

Low lvls/Pures: Like armor isn't necesary for pures, it must be atleast a gmaul, 100-300 rune arrows, rune c'bow plus mithril and higher bolts.

If you have this items you can get EP and get a good drop (P.s isn't something of being at someplace and gain EP and then remove all then came bak, no is BOTH at same time)

EDITED: for cover some issues.

More EDIT.

May EDIT even more, so stay tunned! Im inspired!

spy2j.jpg

Well whether or not you admit it, we all love the 26k trick. Sitting around and doing nothing for 2 hours while gaining potential for a few million gp is awesome right?

Unfortunately this is the trend with RS. Leveling and money making now is A LOT eaiser than it was in classic, with or without the 26k trick.

Hasn't been nerfed yet. This is from 65-0 ep

090709234240.png

First one :)

Nice, although they did rename the Zaros statue for some reason :lol:

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I believe it has been nerfed somehow for some players.

I got less than 250k loot for 7 26kings from 100-0 in a row.

I don't think that's a coincidence or me being extremely unlucky.

A lot of people also say they got less valuable rewards that they used to get.

I can tell you with 100% confidence it has not been nerfed.

When the artifacts first came out i tried my hand in this trick, in 2 hours i made about 300k, it's most definitely based on luck since my friends had really good loots from this whereas i've had very little.

A2xdnTr.png

X2LvGU2.png

Well whether or not you admit it, we all love the 26k trick. Sitting around and doing nothing for 2 hours while gaining potential for a few million gp is awesome right?

Unfortunately this is the trend with RS. Leveling and money making now is A LOT eaiser than it was in classic, with or without the 26k trick.

from one trick you can get nearly half the gp there was in classic :P (people raised 1mil to buy falador castle and that was thought to be an insane amount of cash)

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

ive noticed alot of ppl screaming inflation inflation......

although true, in its alone self, its also reverting to previous years...

what am i talking about? do you guys remember these....o what were they bald men with tan shirts and green pants..they were every where taking your trees..everything..o right they were bots!

now before rwt was baned u could actualy make money skilling..remember? mage logs were 1k ea..bow strings were 100-160ea...nats firm 300 1460 for suplys 1536 alched mage long....look profit!!!!....now even if u gather all the resources urself u make more selling it than u do crafting it...

when alching was nerfed (when fletching and alching became no longer profiable) and the pots were killed everything in the game raised in price....EVERYTHING!

funny how stoping inflation (billions of gp per day from alching) raised prices....as well as the loss of raw materials...but not to a huge degree

if anything 26kin MAY bring some much needed gp backinto the economy...

the onlything i disagree on is being able to afk with bolt spells....sitting is one thing....talking or just sitting...u need to do somthing or u log....(simple fix so ppl cant afk while they sleep?) just make it so if u dont move or touch the tabs for 30 mins or talk u log..

y 30 mins....well mabye ur soloing a hard creature idk...its fair

yes u can just log in but big woop.......the only thing bad about 26k is the afk part.....making money in every oher way u need to be there..even half there in fishing and wcing...

fix the afk and its fair.....it isnt the best either...u want best 3 man arma for a few days....or try hand at the corp beast...

but inflation is the last thing u need to be worried about...hell when the bots left rares droped -.-

this might just be a bandaid to fix the wound destroying rwt made...

James_scholl.gif

ive noticed alot of ppl screaming inflation inflation......

although true, in its alone self, its also reverting to previous years...

what am i talking about? do you guys remember these....o what were they bald men with tan shirts and green pants..they were every where taking your trees..everything..o right they were bots!

now before rwt was baned u could actualy make money skilling..remember? mage logs were 1k ea..bow strings were 100-160ea...nats firm 300 1460 for suplys 1536 alched mage long....look profit!!!!....now even if u gather all the resources urself u make more selling it than u do crafting it...

when alching was nerfed (when fletching and alching became no longer profiable) and the pots were killed everything in the game raised in price....EVERYTHING!

funny how stoping inflation (billions of gp per day from alching) raised prices....as well as the loss of raw materials...but not to a huge degree

if anything 26kin MAY bring some much needed gp backinto the economy...

the onlything i disagree on is being able to afk with bolt spells....sitting is one thing....talking or just sitting...u need to do somthing or u log....(simple fix so ppl cant afk while they sleep?) just make it so if u dont move or touch the tabs for 30 mins or talk u log..

y 30 mins....well mabye ur soloing a hard creature idk...its fair

yes u can just log in but big woop.......the only thing bad about 26k is the afk part.....making money in every oher way u need to be there..even half there in fishing and wcing...

fix the afk and its fair.....it isnt the best either...u want best 3 man arma for a few days....or try hand at the corp beast...

but inflation is the last thing u need to be worried about...hell when the bots left rares droped -.-

this might just be a bandaid to fix the wound destroying rwt made...

So.. you.. studied hard to figure that out?

I'm afraid your wrong. Yes, prices rose because there was a lack of resources when bots dissapeared. When bots ruled the trees, it was more profitable to do other things. Skilling things most often, bosshunting, those things. Not 26k'ing, which 'didn't exist. Bots caused prices to drop not because of there was a change in inflation. Bots caused prices to drop because of an outreagous supply. They were all gone at some point, supply dropped. Demand stayed the same. Effect: higher prices.

(you really did study for this did you?)

So far, you are right.

Reason: dropping supply, high demand. People previously (when bots were there) found better ways to earn money. Because their previous way (gathering) is valued far lower due to bots. Not because their new methods are great.

Now the situation as it is now: 26k'ing is causing supply to drop by a certain amount. People don't gather, people rather 26k. However, this is just a fraction of what is causing price-erruptions (can't call it risings anymore can we?). The problem is, people are making huge sums of money, 500k upwards. When bots excisted, people didn't gather but also didn't make 500k upwards. Years ago, 200k-300k per hour was considered normal/high.

So, low supply, insane demand. Current situation: Higher prices.

Reason: low supply, high demand. People have found a better way to earn money. Not because there previous ways are bad, but because their new method (26k'ing) is great.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

It should be noted that I lost around 4m pking before I gained the 5m( when I die, I lose d-boots, hp cape, barrows gloves, rune plate, rune legs, obby sheild, neitiznot helm, dds; which is roughly 750-1m) and I also lost about 400k in runes from killing ankou(I should have banked)....This may attribute to larger drops, or it may not

w4M8t.png

090709234240.png

You got 1 significant drop so you assume it hasnt been nerfed? My last 3 rounds of doing 75-0 or 100-0 have only gotten me 3-6 Artifacts each round, before when I was doing this I was getting 10+ every round. I think it has been fixed a little bit, not nerfed yet, but I am only getting 1-2M usually now instead of the regular 3-5M.

Dammit, why don't i ever get good loot like that.

best drop ive gotten was 1 mil and nothing but 50-150k drops afterwards. :wall: :wall:

You're not a big enough newb yet. Try tricking 24/7 -- you'll get your big drop.

Im done with it untill I start pking again(I can finally afford good gear).

Mabyee its my lvl,but right now id rather kill ghostlys for 300k/h and 60k str xp/h,much sweeter deal than alching on pvp for hours just to get junk.

btw i thought even newbs made more than double nats,double runite,gwd,ect? :?

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

[hide=]

090709234240.png

You got 1 significant drop so you assume it hasnt been nerfed? My last 3 rounds of doing 75-0 or 100-0 have only gotten me 3-6 Artifacts each round, before when I was doing this I was getting 10+ every round. I think it has been fixed a little bit, not nerfed yet, but I am only getting 1-2M usually now instead of the regular 3-5M.

[/hide]

So because you were getting lucky before, you assume that it has been nerfed?

I was getting an average of 2m drops before the update. Who's to say if it has been nerfed or not?

w4M8t.png

honestly why doesnt jagex just make the drop some random percentage of what a person is risking? the way it used to be, but less reliable. For example you have a 5% chance of getting 100% of the value of the other player was carrying ect... i think that would be the best solution to this.

goro_fujita.png