Nerfing the 26k trick.

gorgoroth

Friend sent me this. not his pic

fc37dy.jpg

:thumbup:

Found this on the locked screenshot thread

What does this screenshot even prove? Hes not in clan chat and I very much doubt the CEO of Jagex is going to go train slayer on his MOD account in the 2nd floor of Slayer Tower with 1 player...

Popoto.~<3

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://i39.tinypic.com/fc37dy.jpg

What does this screenshot even prove? Hes not in clan chat and I very much doubt the CEO of Jagex is going to go train slayer on his MOD account in the 2nd floor of Slayer Tower with 1 player...

How do you know they were in the slayer tower? The chat could have happen minutes ago.

[404] Signature not found.

Just limit the possible droplist of artefacts, based on the risked wealth of your kill.

26k, up to the 100k artefact

50k, up to the 200k artefact

1million, up to the 5million artefact

Even if it's not the perfect solution, it's better than having EVERYONE possibly get a Zaros Statuette just by risking 26k, isn't it? :|

I like the fact that you are thinking of idea's to stop 26king, but all this does is make the value your partner would have to lose higher. If I risk 26k and I gain 2m, or if I risk 1m and I gain 5m...see what I'm saying.. Also, I think as of now, the lower level you are, the lower your chance of gaining a zaros statue

Ok, so just make it so that you can potentially gain less than your target drops. If they lose 50k you can gain 25-200k. If they lose 1M you can gain 500k-5M. Make the higher end portions rarer. Most real pkers aren't too picky about the drops. Sure there are some who would complain, but they also still complain about not getting the exact items that their kill dropped. I believe that Ravian's suggestion (with some tweaking) would be a great solution. Even short term would be a step up.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

fc37dy.jpg

He was thanking someone for his help in something at the top of the stairs, thought i might as well ask the question

A2xdnTr.png

X2LvGU2.png

Not to seem cliche, and re-state what has already been said countless times previous to this..

But, Jagex really complicated things more than they should have when they removed PvP and unbalanced trading from the game, just to fight off real world trading.

Everything Jagex has done to act against rwt, and prevent it, has effected my game experience (negatively) more than any goldfarmer or macroer.

I mean, I was never really bothered by rwt. I minded my own, and have been a loyal player since 2004, all for my own satisfaction - and I don't mind real world traders because, when I work for something I feel it has more value, and it means much more to me than just pixels, and makes the experience much more enjoyable. Instead of, if I used real world trading, the gp and items mean nothing to me because for a few bucks I could get another good 3m. That'd make the game hella boring and pointless.

Because of that, and knowing that most players would agree with me that they wouldn't use real world trading because it impairs their own satisfaction and experience,

back in the day, in 04 or 05, before Jagex's random attack on goldfarmers; I didn't know anyone ingame who actually used real world trading. I mean, every once in a while, I would see a group of level 3s with pickaxes all dressed the same with similar names (rsgf1, rsgf2, rsgf3, etc.) walking back and forth between varrock east bank and the rune essence mine portal. but, I didn't mind it.

Jagex has created more problems with the whole rwt war, than they have solved.

But since Mark Gerhard came in, situation seems promising.. I hope ..

"All the world's a stage."

2 hours wind bolting is 30k xp

fire bolting is 54k for 2 hours

goodfight your suggestion.

Anyway, I spend about 99% of my time on RS Pk'ing or 26k'ing. I would not be sad at all if they took away 26k'ing (in an effective way, mind you, which I will now explain why this is impossible), but you have to realize something.

In nerfing 26k'ing, it would consequently hurt the real pkers just as much.

There have been many suggestions - lets look at one (maybe more, depends on how much I feel like typing XD)

If you only lose <200k then top the drop table at 200k drops. If you lose <1m then top it at <1m drops. But the thing is, this would screw over pk'ers. Take an average p2p pker who risks 300k-500k and fights people risking the same (edge pking). A LOT of the time you get a 20k drop for a 500k kill. It is the huge drops that averages out the income for your drops to, in the end, somewhat average however much you pked (unless you high risk pk, and then even if you have a 2:1 kill to death ratio you will still lose like 90% of your money, lol).

Now, you take out the >500k drops for people who get 300k-500k kills but leave the junk kills then that screws over pkers. If you take out the junk drops, then you get about how much you pk'ed - which is the old system - which is EASILY abused for RWT, which Jagex went to FAR, FAR, DESPERATE measures to get rid of.

Lets realize something - the point of PvP is PK'ING. Therefore, pk'ing should be Jagex's priority (behind keeping RWT away, even though most would rather the old system, but that's a different debate). If you are going to cater to the 26k'ers by nerfing that, then you essentially nerf pk'ing as well. It makes it a luxury for the rich, a way to spend money. If the pk'ers aren't Jagex's priority then they should take out pvp worlds altogether.

Another system would be the mentioned "no xp no ep". Well, I already talked about. You can say "no kills no ep" but first off, it is kills that USE ep. So that already fails. Also, it would be very easy for people to just kill their friends for 0 items. You say they have to be risking kills? Well, then you're basically saying that in order to get ep you have to 26k. Which is just stupid.

Anyway - my point is there is no way to effectively nerf it without screwing the pkers and there is no sense in doing that.

G'day. :D

redbullsigortiz.jpg

My solution ideas:

Add a macro detection-like system to look for players who are gaining EP wrongly (Bolting, Spearing, etc). If a player is caught, he/she will be tagged and can not be in a pvp/bounty world for a period of time.

Limit the amount of times a player can keep on killing a different player in a period of time.

I don't mind 26king that much, its mainly d claw pjers and merching clans.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

My solution ideas:

Add a macro detection-like system to look for players who are gaining EP wrongly (Bolting, Spearing, etc). If a player is caught, he/she will be tagged and can not be in a pvp/bounty world for a period of time.

Limit the amount of times a player can keep on killing a different player in a period of time.

I don't mind 26king that much, its mainly d claw pjers and merching clans.

wait, whats wrong with bolt/spear/etc? not every1 uses it for 26king, i know alot of pkers who get ep before they actually fight just so they can break even! its not like everyone abuses it

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

i dont think spearing as it's called is in any class near bolting, with spearing, you are always vulnerable to attacks, where when you bolt, you are not.

spearing you need to pay attention.

but lately, ive been gaining EP while wind bolting and then dming people on BH worlds with my saved up EP :)

Tip.it should add a rule to refrain from discussing how to break the economy more. If you want to do it go PM.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

There's some things that seem simple, but you have to worry about unintended consequences.

1. Fights lasting over 5 minutes with the same opponent stops the timer. This should be obvious.

Now, what really is needed is some reason to encourage PKers to kill those training with 75k.

2. Anyone risking 75k and has built up at least 25% potential shows up on the radar as a white X instead of a dot.

Well, that's great to point out easy targets. Now, why bother killing easy targets when there's the 26k trick which means willing victims.

3. If the target is not one of your last XX victims, you get 75k value at a minimum. I think 30 is a reasonable number for recent victims. Please note, this applies to getting the minimum 75k value regardless of your drop potential.

Perhaps let the radar show targets that have 75k+ gp, 25%+ drop potential, and not a recent victim as a white X.

Finally, you need to find targets that are in out of the way areas. Maybe allow a bracelet that puts an arrow on the radar guiding to nearest potential target.

It seems simple, people are supposed to be RISKING 75k gp in order to increase drop potential. Now, if nobody is getting killed or the likelyhood is low then there's no risk ie free money. Now, I'm not active in PK worlds, so I don't know what it's like to train in hot zone. However, I'm pretty sure it'll be annoying if pkers are coming by to kill you once you put up 25% potential.

So, what are the best ways to attract killers to those risking 75k?

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

i dont think spearing as it's called is in any class near bolting, with spearing, you are always vulnerable to attacks, where when you bolt, you are not.

spearing you need to pay attention.

but lately, ive been gaining EP while wind bolting and then dming people on BH worlds with my saved up EP :)

wow, [bleep] pking normally, i hate dharokers always getting lucky hits whenever i decide oh, ill be nice and only eat at around 50hp -.-

ugh.

I gain EP in 4 ways.

1.) Just standing there, but only when I am doing something IRL, such as homework or Reenacting stuff.

2.) Normally I use brawlers.

3.) Thieve in Ardy

4.) PK.

I have easily lost more than I gained, even with a VLS drop and a zaros stat drop. I have lost over 25 rune sets, probably more, as well as K top+bottom and ZGS.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

[mg]http://i39.tinypic.com/fc37dy.jpg[/img]

He was thanking someone for his help in something at the top of the stairs, thought i might as well ask the question

oh hey, hope you don't mind me posting the pic - didn't realise you were on these forums.

You shouldn't be killing bloodveld with melee armour by the way :-w

There's some things that seem simple, but you have to worry about unintended consequences.

1. Fights lasting over 5 minutes with the same opponent stops the timer. This should be obvious.

Now, what really is needed is some reason to encourage PKers to kill those training with 75k.

2. Anyone risking 75k and has built up at least 25% potential shows up on the radar as a white X instead of a dot.

Well, that's great to point out easy targets. Now, why bother killing easy targets when there's the 26k trick which means willing victims.

3. If the target is not one of your last XX victims, you get 75k value at a minimum. I think 30 is a reasonable number for recent victims. Please note, this applies to getting the minimum 75k value regardless of your drop potential.

Perhaps let the radar show targets that have 75k+ gp, 25%+ drop potential, and not a recent victim as a white X.

Finally, you need to find targets that are in out of the way areas. Maybe allow a bracelet that puts an arrow on the radar guiding to nearest potential target.

It seems simple, people are supposed to be RISKING 75k gp in order to increase drop potential. Now, if nobody is getting killed or the likelyhood is low then there's no risk ie free money. Now, I'm not active in PK worlds, so I don't know what it's like to train in hot zone. However, I'm pretty sure it'll be annoying if pkers are coming by to kill you once you put up 25% potential.

So, what are the best ways to attract killers to those risking 75k?

I think also that since there's only two full PvP Worlds that certain frequented training locations should be made into hotspots like say Piscatoris and Catherby Beach.

If they're not 'hot' because no one really goes there now, they will be when they convert them.

This gives more incentive to train on PvP Worlds.

2dgucz6.png

I also do wish that the 26k trick will be fixed hopefully someday... I recently got 70 prayer and the price for only 1,400 put a huge dent in my wallet :cry: Not complaining now though, since 70 prayer looks awfully awesome :mrgreen:

Don't get me wrong, I love PKing but the people who constantly manipulate the system is to me people who only cause inflation of raw material prices...

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Wouldn't it be a bit hard to ban for 26king though? It's more of an opinion thing IMO, who's to stop somebody and their buddy from gearing up in minimal armor and dying to each other? It may look like an actual PK to Jagex, but I think there are a lot of loopholes to be exploited if they didn't back it up with criteria to fall under.

But again, if they said "here's a list of things we count as 26king and will ban you for", you'll have people doing barely above what Jagex will ban for, creating another gray area of legality...

It's a shaky ladder to climb if they make it a bannable offense. I have faith that whatever they decide would most likely be better than our current situation...

[EDITS]

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009