Nerfing the 26k trick.

gorgoroth

The 26kers are not at fault. Jagex is by implementing this system without carefully considering the implications of their actions. Personally, if someone of the Jagex staff even took just EC101 and EC102 (Intro to Micro and Macroeconomics), they would realize what they did would destroy the RS economy. I for one tested it out myself after my friend told me repeatedly to try it. And I for one realized that it makes more $/hr compared to 91 rc (double nats) along with the possibilities of brawler gloves. This is the result of a market economy where the RS players are guided by simply the invisible hand to attempt to maximize our wealth. I do not discourage people from doing this trick, perhaps if people abuse this enough Jagex will finally see what they have done and fix it. After all, the path that led to the Great Depression was not fixed until after the Depression hit and World War 2 had begun.

I'm sure many of Jagex's employees have taken Micro and Macro. Maybe Jagex is about to introduce a skill that requires quite a bit of cash to be in the game, otherwise prices would be driven down. Eitherway, after so long, 26king won't be the most profitable, just like slaying isn't as profitable as it once was.(and from this, slaying and similiar skills will become more profitable)

w4M8t.png

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With this update, I am predicting that buyable skills will become more expensive, RC will no longer be the most profitable skill due to the fact that rune price are capped by the infinite stock of shops. Slayer, GWD, boss hunting will become more profitable as the special items are going to come into the game less, collection skills will become more profitable due to more people wanting to train buyable 99s. So in other words, I better get 99 rc in a month or I'd be crying at how slow money making is >.>

As for people in Jagex taking Micro and Macro, Inflation is lesson 1 in Macroeconomics, supply and demand is like lesson 2 in Microeconomics. That is why I am highly doubtful of the education of Jagex employees at the moment >.>

120dgl.jpg

Eitherway, after so long, 26king won't be the most profitable, just like slaying isn't as profitable as it once was.(and from this, slaying and similiar skills will become more profitable)

This point might mitigate the harm that the trick might cause, but don't mistake that for a justification of the trick. Slayer is an intended part of the game. It is designed to be (and is) fun in its own right. People will (and do) pursue slayer even if it is not all that "profitable." The trick is not like this. The trick is an accident -- a mistake. It was never intended. It has no intrinsic merit as part of the game. It is pursued only for the reward by those who seek to gain an advantage in the game, never for its own sake. If the reward is removed, the trick will disappear. (For philosophy buffs, the difference between slayer and the trick is the difference between a "natural" good and a merely "instrumental" good.) Anyway, even if you are right that the trick might eventually inflate itself to irrelevance, that does not make it a good thing, it simply would mean that the trick carries the seeds of its own destruction. But you should not compare slayer to the trick -- there is no comparison.

punitivedsig.png

Eitherway, after so long, 26king won't be the most profitable, just like slaying isn't as profitable as it once was.(and from this, slaying and similiar skills will become more profitable)

This point might mitigate the harm that the trick might cause, but don't mistake that for a justification of the trick. Slayer is an intended part of the game. It is designed to be (and is) fun in its own right. People will (and do) pursue slayer even if it is not all that "profitable." The trick is not like this. The trick is an accident -- a mistake. It was never intended. It has no intrinsic merit as part of the game. It is pursued only for the reward by those who seek to gain an advantage in the game, never for its own sake. If the reward is removed, the trick will disappear. (For philosophy buffs, the difference between slayer and the trick is the difference between a "natural" good and a merely "instrumental" good.) Anyway, even if you are right that the trick might eventually inflate itself to irrelevance, that does not make it a good thing, it simply would mean that the trick carries the seeds of its own destruction. But you should not compare slayer to the trick -- there is no comparison.

With this post, I agree. There should be no trick. But this is Jagex's challenge. Propose a pk system in which RWT isn't possible, there is an incentive to pk, and it isn't able to be manipulated by a system that redeems more profit than the original intent.

So far, Jagex has failed, however maybe they feel they have succeeded. I don't think so. With the death of the 26k trick, comes the death of pking, unless Jagex revamps the system. Currently the thing I hate the most about pking is that I have to stand around for a half hour in between kills. Next in line the fact that if I pk someone, causing them to lose 10m in gear, there is a good chance that the drop I receive will be much less than that.

So I hate the current pvp system because it flaws pvp, however I do enjoy the fact that it encourages training other skills(with brawlers) and that it is good money.

w4M8t.png

It frustrates me that i took the time to get 83 + slayer for d boots ect, and now 26king is better cash than it, although i have 26kd myself, the people that sit around hours on end every day doing it and making 10's of millions do get on my nerves, to be honest i wouldn't mind it if was nerfed or not

The 26kers are not at fault. Jagex is by implementing this system without carefully considering the implications of their actions. Personally, if someone of the Jagex staff even took just EC101 and EC102 (Intro to Micro and Macroeconomics), they would realize what they did would destroy the RS economy. I for one tested it out myself after my friend told me repeatedly to try it. And I for one realized that it makes more $/hr compared to 91 rc (double nats) along with the possibilities of brawler gloves. This is the result of a market economy where the RS players are guided by simply the invisible hand to attempt to maximize our wealth. I do not discourage people from doing this trick, perhaps if people abuse this enough Jagex will finally see what they have done and fix it. After all, the path that led to the Great Depression was not fixed until after the Depression hit and World War 2 had begun.

I'm sure many of Jagex's employees have taken Micro and Macro. Maybe Jagex is about to introduce a skill that requires quite a bit of cash to be in the game, otherwise prices would be driven down. Eitherway, after so long, 26king won't be the most profitable, just like slaying isn't as profitable as it once was.(and from this, slaying and similiar skills will become more profitable)

That's a bad plan for Jagex, or a weak argument. People will always want money, they may or may not enjoy the skill. For example, Summoning has little relavence in PKing so it goes untrained by those brining cash into the game. Rather it targeted the PvM and skilling community, the people already hit by the result of PvP.
hopesolopatriot.jpg

I think EP, should only be gained wile losing HP, or Damaging someone else HP in moderate amounts.

Why should you gain more potential for killing wile flecthing bows?

If your not killing or dying your not gaining EP that simple.

Prism_Swords.png

I think EP, should only be gained wile losing HP, or Damaging someone else HP in moderate amounts.

What about people who skill on PvP worlds for EP?

Why shouldn't you be gaining EP?

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

Mabyee this is a bit off topic, but why on earth is every raw material going up except runite ore. :wall: :wall: :evil:

Because the only reason other raw materials are going up is because people are willing to pay more to get 99 buyable skills, and buying runite isnt the way to powerlevel smithing, even if you are extremely rich.

I'm assuming that by "damaging someone else" you mean that EP should be built up through combat. But in it's current implementation killing other player lowers EP...So you're saying that the combat should build up EP and the actual death should make you lose it? Wouldnt that just encourage players with bronze daggers and full steel to endlessly whitle away at eachothers health and then kill eachother? Also if all it takes is to be damaged people will just stock up on improperly cooked karabwan. Either way nothing would really change much, just less killing and more damaging :| .

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Coinshare and Godwars trashed the game, but you probably didn't notice since your too busy camping for hilts.

But, now Jagex in its team-oriented, brain-storming brillance has come up with a new way to rake in cash that benefits the noobs and the muggers of runescape and your going to cry about it???

Typical, but don't worry Jagex will probably keep on catering to the whiners instead of the real players who like to work on skills by collecting resources.

I'm sure if you keep whining about 26k in about a year or two they will do something which will render the other 95% of the game more useless than it is now.

Which will be a feat in of itself.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Coinshare and Godwars trashed the game, but you probably didn't notice since your too busy camping for hilts.

But, now Jagex in its team-oriented, brain-storming brillance has come up with a new way to rake in cash that benefits the noobs and the muggers of runescape and your going to cry about it???

Typical, but don't worry Jagex will probably keep on catering to the whiners instead of the real players who like to work on skills by collecting resources.

I'm sure if you keep whining about 26k in about a year or two they will do something which will render the other 95% of the game more useless than it is now.

Oh? Mind proving why CS and Godwars "trashed" the game?

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

I'm wondering how CS ruins the game too :\

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I'm wondering how CS ruins the game too :\

Yeah people often say that Coinshare induced inflation, which doesn't really make sense because money in is almost equivalent to money out.

w4M8t.png

I tried sitting around for a bit and gaining EP. Doesn't work. Only works when you're in a fight. And I tried the 26K trick, I only got ~40K of loot. You guys are over hyping it. Also, when you get a drop, your EP goes down, no atter what the value of the drop.
So you tested something out for "a bit," and tell us that we're overhyping?

Exactly -- I'm going to take the word of those who have spent hours and hours tricking. They wouldn't do it if there weren't a huge payoff. As I've said before, the trick is not the kind of thing that is inherently fun. If there weren't a big payoff, nobody would do it.

No, I tried the trick for even longer than that. And the system you're talking about absolutely fails. At best, the loot one could pull off with this trick is maybe ~150K. The EP goes down regardless of the value of the 26K trick drop, so if oyu get a [cabbage]ty drop trying to abuse the system, you'll get a [cabbage]tier drop the next time you try it.

Stop overhyping things. Honestly. There's no problem affecting the economy in this way >_>

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

I tried sitting around for a bit and gaining EP. Doesn't work. Only works when you're in a fight. And I tried the 26K trick, I only got ~40K of loot. You guys are over hyping it. Also, when you get a drop, your EP goes down, no atter what the value of the drop.
So you tested something out for "a bit," and tell us that we're overhyping?

Exactly -- I'm going to take the word of those who have spent hours and hours tricking. They wouldn't do it if there weren't a huge payoff. As I've said before, the trick is not the kind of thing that is inherently fun. If there weren't a big payoff, nobody would do it.

No, I tried the trick for even longer than that. And the system you're talking about absolutely fails. At best, the loot one could pull off with this trick is maybe ~150K. The EP goes down regardless of the value of the 26K trick drop, so if oyu get a [cabbage] drop trying to abuse the system, you'll get a [cabbage] drop the next time you try it.

Stop overhyping things. Honestly. There's no problem affecting the economy in this way >_>

Geekguy, I am sorry if you weren't quite as lucky as most people, but the 26k trick so amazing money. Friends of mine, and a ton of tifers, have made 30m+ from it,including me. THe 26k trick is effecting the economy.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

Conclusive proof that the 26k trick fix is being worked on.

fc37dy.jpg

Thank god.

Whine and you shall get what you want.

Praise Saints Andrew and Mark!

Team Monster Hunting will be back where it belongs.

That is as the only way to make money which you can use to buy your 99s off resources gathered by noobs and bots.

And if you don't like it then don't play runescape because Runescape is trying to become the kid friendly WOW.

Hot! :wall:

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

fc37dy.jpg

Thank god.

Whine and you shall get what you want.

Praise Saints Andrew and Mark!

Team Monster Hunting will be back where it belongs.

That is as the only way to make money which you can use to buy your 99s off resources gathered by noobs and bots.

And if you don't like it then don't play runescape because Runescape is trying to become the kid friendly WOW.

Hot! :wall:

Hmm a problem is being fixed why is that a bad thing?

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

fc37dy.jpg

Thank god.

It'll be hard to fix it unless they limit kills per day or make it so that killing the same person over and over yields no drops. Even then it'll be extremely tough for the system to tell whether someone is realy pking or they are 26king. I'll believe they have a solid fix for it when I see it. But until then I see I only see them slowing 26king down. But I do agree it should be fixed.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

fc37dy.jpg

Thank god.

It'll be hard to fix it unless they limit kills per day or make it so that killing the same person over and over yields no drops. Even then it'll be extremely tough for the system to tell whether someone is realy pking or they are 26king. I'll believe they have a solid fix for it when I see it. But until then I see I only see them slowing 26king down. But I do agree it should be fixed.

They will most likely drop the amount of EP you gain, and reduce the drops GREATLY. Instead of PvP being about 1-1.5M per hour, I hope they drop it down to about 250k an hour, and do the old system where the more you lost, the more you will get back, but still have the rare chance of getting good drops even if you are profiting at the time.

I hate how people make suggestions without looking at the whole picture(btw, not anyone in general). You can't just nerf part of the system, because as it is the whole system is flawed. Under no circumstances should I pk someone and get a lesser drop of what they lost, but they make it random to combat RWT.

So to make PVP appealing, they give you a chance of obtaining more than your opponent risked, which is why 26king is being abused.

There is no simple solution. Pro's and Con's with everyone. The sad thing is that Jagex's bases there decision on how it will combat RWT and not on how it will effect their legitimate players. Of course, there are reason for this that I understand. I would have to agree with Jagex that an inflated game economy is better than:

1. The game not existing because of RWT.

2. Removing pking from the game

3.Drop systems that fall in between that lower motivation to pk because of lack of gameplay.

w4M8t.png

Okay, so I've been reading lost of posts and such about the 26k trick, and since I never set foot on a PvP world (my stats are horrible for pking) the basic idea behind 26k'ing is that you stand around for 2 hours, hook up with somebody to have an arranged killing and then hoping to get a good drop?

Sorry if that question seems noobish :oops: but I just can't imagine anyone doing that...