Nerfing the 26k trick.

gorgoroth

Okay, so I've been reading lost of posts and such about the 26k trick, and since I never set foot on a PvP world (my stats are horrible for pking) the basic idea behind 26k'ing is that you stand around for 2 hours, hook up with somebody to have an arranged killing and then hoping to get a good drop?

Sorry if that question seems noobish :oops: but I just can't imagine anyone doing that...

thats the basics of it, and it yeilds very good drops

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems to yield good drops for high levels, ive yet to see a level 60< get a good drop in the new system.

thats true, i got 100 ep on my lvl 58 and got 100k max.. where as i easily average 2m+ per 100 ep on my 130

If thats true, then there is nothing wrong with the system. 2m per 100 ep at lvl 130...I can gwd at lvl 130 and make more then 1m per hour. And don't bring up that all you have to do is sit around, because I find it more beneficial to train agility while gaining ep then sitting around. If people want to spend 2 hours staring at their computer screen, then let them. And afking has risk as today I speced out a person who was bolting. After 5 minutes of combat, they're free game.

w4M8t.png

I spent 5 hours and 100k getting 100% EP only to get a Zamorak Icon worth 100k!!! And brawling gloves (melee), although i'm too scared to use them. How do some people earn MILLIONS AN HOUR???? From what i've seen so far, it doesn't really have to be nerfed...

I spent 5 hours and 100k getting 100% EP only to get a Zamorak Icon worth 100k!!! And brawling gloves (melee), although i'm too scared to use them. How do some people earn MILLIONS AN HOUR???? From what i've seen so far, it doesn't really have to be nerfed...

Combat level matters for one. Also it should only be two hours for 100% EP not five. Melee brawlers can be used 4 iteming at axe hut and if you get attacked pray item and you lose some food maybe. Other than that I'm not sure :P

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Okay, so I've been reading lost of posts and such about the 26k trick, and since I never set foot on a PvP world (my stats are horrible for pking) the basic idea behind 26k'ing is that you stand around for 2 hours, hook up with somebody to have an arranged killing and then hoping to get a good drop?

Sorry if that question seems noobish :oops: but I just can't imagine anyone doing that...

thats the basics of it, and it yeilds very good drops

Very good drop as in drops that averages 1-2m/hr. Faster than 91 rc double nats.

120dgl.jpg

Hotzones should be only areas where people constantly pks.

I think that makes the problem worse...more people will be doing the 4 item sit with dragon spear if you were forced to stand next to the heat of battle. I see no problem gaining EP from meleeing at hobs in wild...

w4M8t.png

So why not have it that you only can gain a maximum of what your opponent loses, and then just put a cap on what the maximum gained can be? Would it be possible to then throw in the odd rare drop that is worth more than the maximum? I really don't see how fixing this is complicated (although, that's coming up with an idea, not the coding). :lol:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

So why not have it that you only can gain a maximum of what your opponent loses, and then just put a cap on what the maximum gained can be? Would it be possible to then throw in the odd rare drop that is worth more than the maximum? I really don't see how fixing this is complicated (although, that's coming up with an idea, not the coding). :lol:

The idea is the hard part...coding is the easy part. And if you can only gain what your opponent loses, yet your not guarunteed that, then why would I want to pk? I could kill a guy for claws and not get crap(which still happens now, which is why they need to FIX it...not nerf it)

w4M8t.png

The idea is the hard part...coding is the easy part. And if you can only gain what your opponent loses, yet your not guarunteed that, then why would I want to pk? I could kill a guy for claws and not get crap(which still happens now, which is why they need to FIX it...not nerf it)

I'd personally be satisfied with something like 300k/hr pking. Add in that you only lose a certain percentage of your EP based on how close your drop was compared to what your opponent lost.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Just limit the possible droplist of artefacts, based on the risked wealth of your kill.

26k, up to the 100k artefact

50k, up to the 200k artefact

1million, up to the 5million artefact

Even if it's not the perfect solution, it's better than having EVERYONE possibly get a Zaros Statuette just by risking 26k, isn't it? :|

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

It annoys me too, but instead of complaining I just try to benefit from it like the other's do but I really like your xp suggestion.

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

Just limit the possible droplist of artefacts, based on the risked wealth of your kill.

Even if it's not the perfect solution, it's better than having EVERYONE possibly get a Zaros Statuette just by risking 26k, isn't it? :|

Actually, I'd be quite satisfied with that. Provided that is just a possible drop list and not a 100% sure one, I think it would discourage RWT as well.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

I like the fact that you are thinking of idea's to stop 26king, but all this does is make the value your partner would have to lose higher. If I risk 26k and I gain 2m, or if I risk 1m and I gain 5m...see what I'm saying.. Also, I think as of now, the lower level you are, the lower your chance of gaining a zaros statue

w4M8t.png

You must also remember Rwt may not return, they could probably already use BH to transfer stuff now, but no one is stupid enough to do so when they can just 26k.

Not like it's that hard to rwt with other methodes though.

26king takes hours to get the value of gold people were RWTing at.

People would buy 100m+...100 hours of 26king at my average...26king isn't a replacement for rwt

w4M8t.png

easiest way to nerf the 26k trick. make it so if you kill the same person within a certain time(hours, probably 4 hours) then you will get no drop after the first kill. Problem mostly solved.

Y_Z.png

I was about to come back to this game before I heard about this huge flaw in the game. Screw that.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.