Nerfing the 26k trick.

gorgoroth

The artifact drop rate and update was the stupidest thing Jagex has done. I have done the trick many times but believe me it was not for or because of the insane common drop rate of Artifacts.

Brawling gloves....

Nice way of ruining PVP Jagex.

What a bad update.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happen to the good old days of, log on, kill someone, reep reward.

The new system is more flawed than that tbh.

Flame away. :wall:

~ K O N K A R ~ Konkar Jr ~ X Konkar X
99 Strength - 18/12/08 - 99 Attack - 5/2/09
99 Hp - 20/7/09 - 99 Defence 26/7/09
K_O_N_K_A_R.png

R.I.P.
K R I S K
Krisk Jr
RSC, Lives on in all of us

how many members quit runescape when the new [cabbage] pvp system came? how is losing alot of paying players good business/good update?
I agree that the current PvP system is greatly flawed, but this statement won't advance your cause. I won't pretend to know the exact numbers, but I believe only a mere 10% (or less) of Pkers left the game as a result of the RWT update. These players have long since been replaced by a flood of new members, and the number of accounts created in recent times has actually reached all-time highs. You'd do better to present your argument in terms of the decline in the quality of gameplay, rather than in that of the quantity of players.

Anyhow, I would propose the following:

(1) Calculate the value of items "risked" by a player starting at the fifth most valuable item (if non-skulled) or the second most valuable item (if skulled), so that players won't be able to safely gain Potential by being able to use Protect Item at the last moment before they're killed.

(2) Remove the EP percentage-counter.

(3) Increase the rate at which Drop Potential is earned, but require players to risk 26k/76k at all times and be in combat before any Potential can be earned.

(4) Set a conditional limit to the value of individual "kills," e.g. only allow for a player to receive item rewards totaling to ~75-110% of the value of the items lost by the killed player (or, perhaps, 90-150% if the player was the bounty target) if they're at 100% EP and risking 26k/76k.

(5) Allow Mandrith and Nastroth to open shops containing untradeable versions of the Ancient PvP Sets and Corrupted Dragon Gear valued at ~75% of their minimum price on the GE. Players could still turn in their PvP artefacts directly for GP and receive the tradeable versions of the Ancient PvP items and Corrupted Dragon items as normal drops, but they'd also be given the chance to purchase these items at a significant discount from Mandrith/Nastroth. However, they'd only be able to buy these by turning in PvP artefacts for some form of untradeable, non-refundable "credit tokens" and spending the tokens instead of GP. In Bounty Worlds (where the GE cannot be accessed), Mandrith could also offer standard potions/food/armour for ~110% of their maximum price on the GE.

(6) Remove the High Alchemy Spell (while keeping Low Alchemy and simply renaming it "Alchemy") to prevent inflation, as should have been done long ago.

This is by no means a perfect solution, but I believe implementing these measures would certainly be a step in the right direction. 'Please give me your opinion on whether or not any of this would be beneficial. :)

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png

So how do you stop the problem of the toy mouse?

If you dont mind me asking, what is the toy mouse thing? :-#

doogsidoof.png

Owner of a Quest cape since 9/11/08

tipit_grid2.png

It's not about the other people, its about shooting cute furry things that explode.

how many members quit runescape when the new [cabbage] pvp system came? how is losing alot of paying players good business/good update?
I agree that the current PvP system is greatly flawed, but this statement won't advance your cause. I won't pretend to know the exact numbers, but I believe only a mere 10% (or less) of Pkers left the game as a result of the RWT update. These players have long since been replaced by a flood of new members, and the number of accounts created in recent times has actually reached all-time highs. You'd do better to present your argument in terms of the decline in the quality of gameplay, rather than in that of the quantity of players.

Anyhow, I would propose the following:

(1) Calculate the value of items "risked" by a player starting at the fifth most valuable item (if non-skulled) or the second most valuable item (if skulled), so that players won't be able to safely gain Potential by being able to use Protect Item at the last moment before they're killed.

(2) Remove the EP percentage-counter.

(3) Increase the rate at which Drop Potential is earned, but require players to risk 26k/76k at all times and be in combat before any Potential can be earned.

(4) Set a conditional limit to the value of individual "kills," e.g. only allow for a player to receive item rewards totaling to ~75-110% of the value of the items lost by the killed player (or, perhaps, 90-150% if the player was the bounty target) if they're at 100% EP and risking 26k/76k.

(5) Allow Mandrith and Nastroth to open shops containing untradeable versions of the Ancient PvP Sets and Corrupted Dragon Gear valued at ~75% of their minimum price on the GE. Players could still turn in their PvP artefacts directly for GP and receive the tradeable versions of the Ancient PvP items and Corrupted Dragon items as normal drops, but they'd also be given the chance to purchase these items at a significant discount from Mandrith/Nastroth. However, they'd only be able to buy these by turning in PvP artefacts for some form of untradeable, non-refundable "credit tokens" and spending the tokens instead of GP. In Bounty Worlds (where the GE cannot be accessed), Mandrith could also offer standard potions/food/armour for ~110% of their maximum price on the GE.

(6) Remove the High Alchemy Spell (while keeping Low Alchemy and simply renaming it "Alchemy") to prevent inflation, as should have been done long ago.

This is by no means a perfect solution, but I believe implementing these measures would certainly be a step in the right direction. 'Please give me your opinion on whether or not any of this would be beneficial. :)

This looks like the best solution I have seen so far. #5 in particular. If these "extra" gp that is randomly generated (I say this because it is in fact extra, people are turning 25k into 100k) are used on untradable items and restricted from the GE economy, it could possibly stop the PVP inflation.

120dgl.jpg

Why does pking have to be so complicated, you kill someone, you get a reward. That simple.

You don't risk X (1mill-100mill, what ever) amount, to get a drop of some tuna. I have not done 26king, I pk, get no good drops.

Why is it, I just go out an do what the game was intended for, an pk randomly ect, yet get no good drops, others whom abuse get millions.

Good fight jagex.

~ K O N K A R ~ Konkar Jr ~ X Konkar X
99 Strength - 18/12/08 - 99 Attack - 5/2/09
99 Hp - 20/7/09 - 99 Defence 26/7/09
K_O_N_K_A_R.png

R.I.P.
K R I S K
Krisk Jr
RSC, Lives on in all of us

So how do you stop the problem of the toy mouse?

If you dont mind me asking, what is the toy mouse thing? :-#

Toy mice can be wound up, released, and picked up to gain a couple points of agility experience. So if all you needed was to gain any amount of experience in any skill to get drop potential, the person standing around idly could wind up a toy mouse to satisfy the requirements, and not need to risk any additional wealth the way they would if they alched, for example.

what if they made drops based on the opponents defensive stats? Higher stats would equal better drops.

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

what if they made drops based on the opponents defensive stats? Higher stats would equal better drops.

and the person uses zammy brews to 1 def, but wears barrows/dfs zand the killer gets a crap load. nice

*even if not zammy brewing, just have them box...they die anyway

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

The only people losing out are the people with cash. Monster hunting doesn't get more profitable, if prices go up, like some people are trying to say, because EVERYTHING gets more expensive. You still have to do x hours of GWD to buy an item y. X hours of GWD will just bring in more money, and item Y will just cost more.

The only people losing out are the people with cash. Monster hunting doesn't get more profitable, if prices go up, like some people are trying to say, because EVERYTHING gets more expensive. You still have to do x hours of GWD to buy an item y. X hours of GWD will just bring in more money, and item Y will just cost more.

so if the ratio of x and y are the same as it was, then what difference does inflation make? Alching becomes more expensive, construction becomes cheaper, 26king becomes less of a money maker. Skills like woodcut and fishing may or may not become more worthwhile. Barrows becomes cheaper to repair...I see lots of pros and cons, but the fact that there is pros makes me say LET IT BE!!!! Geez, everyone needs to quit their bìtching

w4M8t.png

Geez, everyone needs to quit their bìtching

Excuse me, but the proper term is "qwatcherbatchin." Please use proper grammar in the future.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Why does pking have to be so complicated, you kill someone, you get a reward. That simple.

You don't risk X (1mill-100mill, what ever) amount, to get a drop of some tuna. I have not done 26king, I pk, get no good drops.

Why is it, I just go out an do what the game was intended for, an pk randomly ect, yet get no good drops, others whom abuse get millions.

Good fight jagex.

This is an excellent point. Jagex has created the classic perverse incentive, which induces people to do precisely the opposite of what Jagex intended.

punitivedsig.png

Good fight jagex.

This is an excellent point. Jagex has created the classic perverse incentive, which induces people to do precisely the opposite of what Jagex intended.

Watched a guy who was training agility claw spec ko a pker and gain about 200k in runes...the pker was in full ahrims, fury, infinity, whip...and this is why I 26k, because Jagex's system is so flawed, that pking the way its intended is worthless.

w4M8t.png

. . . this is why I 26k, because Jagex's system is so flawed, that pking the way its intended is worthless.

Didn't your momma ever teach you that two wrongs do not equal a right? It may well be that pking is messed up. The problem with the 26k trick (along with the new cash drops) is that it threatens to mess up the whole game, not just pking. I don't blame you for taking advantage of the 26k loophole in the system -- that's what people will do. It's up to Jagex to close the loophole. I'm sure they will. I just hope that things don't get out of hand before that happens. I don't think things will get out of hand. One good point that you've made (although I'm not sure that you know that you've made it) is that there is a built in governor on the inflation rate. Once inflation drives the price of legitimate drops so high that real players can make more money farming legitimate drops, people will turn away from the 26k trick. The key is the price of the statuettes -- once inflation makes the price of statuettes seem relatively small, then the 26k trick will be like picking flax -- you can make some money at it, but only newbs will do it.

punitivedsig.png

I tried sitting around for a bit and gaining EP. Doesn't work. Only works when you're in a fight. And I tried the 26K trick, I only got ~40K of loot. You guys are over hyping it. Also, when you get a drop, your EP goes down, no atter what the value of the drop.

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

. . . this is why I 26k, because Jagex's system is so flawed, that pking the way its intended is worthless.

Didn't your momma ever teach you that two wrongs do not equal a right? It may well be that pking is messed up. The problem with the 26k trick (along with the new cash drops) is that it threatens to mess up the whole game, not just pking. I don't blame you for taking advantage of the 26k loophole in the system -- that's what people will do. It's up to Jagex to close the loophole. I'm sure they will. I just hope that things don't get out of hand before that happens. I don't think things will get out of hand. One good point that you've made (although I'm not sure that you know that you've made it) is that there is a built in governor on the inflation rate. Once inflation drives the price of legitimate drops so high that real players can make more money farming legitimate drops, people will turn away from the 26k trick. The key is the price of the statuettes -- once inflation makes the price of statuettes seem relatively small, then the 26k trick will be like picking flax -- you can make some money at it, but only newbs will do it.

I don't get why you have to downplay me like that. You treat me as if I'm an idiot. I understand the issues with inflation among the real world, but in a game like runescape, I think that these problems will eventually work themselves out. And sometimes two wrongs do make a right, however this decision isn't based on rights and wrongs as I would compare it more to taking two different routes. If I'm going from A to B, and the safest way there(for the rest of the populatioN) is to take the designated roads, but I know it's faster going through residential area, then I'm going to take the route. It's up to the State(Jagex) to deter me in taking other routes by putting up stop signs, speed limits, police..etc. In order words, I'm going to keep 26k'ing until it either works itself out(which you agreed with me that it's possible), or Jagex does something about it.

I'm not a bad person as that title ussually comes to anyone who doesn't play the game the way it was intended to be played, I just have to play smart(finding the best way in most cases) because of the restrictions of my playing time due to my personal life(work, social life, girlfriend, other responsibilities).

w4M8t.png

I tried sitting around for a bit and gaining EP. Doesn't work. Only works when you're in a fight. And I tried the 26K trick, I only got ~40K of loot. You guys are over hyping it. Also, when you get a drop, your EP goes down, no atter what the value of the drop.
So you tested something out for "a bit," and tell us that we're overhyping?
hopesolopatriot.jpg

So you tested something out for "a bit," and tell us that we're overhyping?

Exactly -- I'm going to take the word of those who have spent hours and hours tricking. They wouldn't do it if there weren't a huge payoff. As I've said before, the trick is not the kind of thing that is inherently fun. If there weren't a big payoff, nobody would do it.

punitivedsig.png

I think it's fine the way it is, but the exp idea sounds good. The other doesn't as some people(like me) can't PK.

Well i can't PK either, but atleast this way it will keep the worls clear of people who just sit and do nothing.

it is really easy money though and no i dont think it should be changed...

let the people sitting around, sit around and the people that are good pkers, pk.

blackabyss27.png

blackabyss27.png

blackabyss27.png

The 26kers are not at fault. Jagex is by implementing this system without carefully considering the implications of their actions. Personally, if someone of the Jagex staff even took just EC101 and EC102 (Intro to Micro and Macroeconomics), they would realize what they did would destroy the RS economy. I for one tested it out myself after my friend told me repeatedly to try it. And I for one realized that it makes more $/hr compared to 91 rc (double nats) along with the possibilities of brawler gloves. This is the result of a market economy where the RS players are guided by simply the invisible hand to attempt to maximize our wealth. I do not discourage people from doing this trick, perhaps if people abuse this enough Jagex will finally see what they have done and fix it. After all, the path that led to the Great Depression was not fixed until after the Depression hit and World War 2 had begun.

120dgl.jpg