Nerfing the 26k trick.

gorgoroth

easiest way to nerf the 26k trick. make it so if you kill the same person within a certain time(hours, probably 4 hours) then you will get no drop after the first kill. Problem mostly solved.

Yeah, but it also ruins a huge part of pking..rematches.

I like to prove to the person who killed me that he just got lucky, and I would have to wait four hours before I could do this again...

This isn't a simple fix...if it was, Jagex would have fixed it by now

w4M8t.png

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

easiest way to nerf the 26k trick. make it so if you kill the same person within a certain time(hours, probably 4 hours) then you will get no drop after the first kill. Problem mostly solved.

Yeah, but it also ruins a huge part of pking..rematches.

I like to prove to the person who killed me that he just got lucky, and I would have to wait four hours before I could do this again...

This isn't a simple fix...if it was, Jagex would have fixed it by now

make it so the one that was killed could attack the killer. but the killer would then only get another drop if the guy that was killed was risking 75k, then that would be the last of the drops for them for the time limit.

Y_Z.png

Alternatively, we could do a rollback to before November '07

:thumbdown: Eww

That would mean my accout would be non excistant.

I only started Dec 07.

wow,,, ive had my acc for like 3-4 years and not even a 99 -.-

OT I think they shud wait for a few weeks so i can get sum monies :twisted:

35hedkh.jpg

I hope they dont. This is the first time in 7 years of playing were I HAVENT had bad luck in terms of drops, i.e: More then a 40k drop (and I still haven't got a pair of brawlers).

Popoto.~<3

Nope. Supply and Demand>communism. Also, you are ignoring the fact that raw materials are rising, as are MH drops.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

PvP drops don't need to be nerfed, only the 26k trick does. If you can skill/pk while gaining your potential you deserve to get good drops for killing someone. However standing around doing nothing shouldn't. I think they are still trying to find away to stop the 26k trick while keeping the good PvP drops.

So just because Mod Mmg likes the drops doesn't mean he likes the 26k trick.

Why did you make a whole new topic when there's this thread --> viewtopic.php?f=30&t=799383

Also MMG seems to be just telling people what they want to hear, just look at above pic.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Inflation is a serious problem and I don't know how people can just go about ignoring it like it isn't. Every day, prices are rising out of control and cashpiles are becoming worth less and less. I really hope they fix this.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Why did you make a whole new topic when there's this thread --> viewtopic.php?f=30&t=799383

Also MMG seems to be just telling people what they want to hear, just look at above pic.

That does make sense. Tell people what they want to hear = Less whining = happier customers.

However, technically, niether screenshot contradicts the other. It was said above, he could totally support the drops, pkers getting some nice income for actually giving effort (Not sitting around and killing a friend effortlesly). This doesn't mean he supports 26k'ing, as in the 2nd screeny, the person asks "Anything planned to limit the 26k'ing"

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

When the hell is that cape coming? I'm as patient as the next guy, but they said "soon" a good long time ago.

Yes there are higher priorities, but how long does it take to make 1 cape?

3 point who is the cc owned by

That's Mod MMG's clan chat.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

so we have J mods contradicting J mods, can't wait to see this! :roll:

:wall:

Y'know, some actual fixes would have been nice...

fixes that won't falter the economy. i can probably think that jagex will fix the drops where coins will not become mass produced.

As has been said, they don't necessarily contradict.

"We are looking at splitting the friends and clan chat so th..."

Huh? I'm thinking it has something to do similar to how the private chat can currently be split above the chat window.

"There will be a cape for long serving players"

Is this based on how long you've played? Or how developed your character is? Or how long you've been a member? Or something else?

cliffside1ra5.png

I'd be personally willing to speculate that the reason why we got two upgrade weeks in a row in addition to this week of no-updating was because they were trying to push out a patch for 26k'ing.

It troubles me deeply though that he sees nothing wrong with the risk-reward aspect of the pvp drops. Even for legit pkers. :s

hzvjpwS.gif

Dont nerf the drops, nerf the 26kers drops :x

Exactly. Perhaps that it wat MMG ment. Don't nerf the drops, but simply focus on the people that are playing the game in a way that is was never designed for.

"We are looking at splitting the friends and clan chat so th..."

Huh? I'm thinking it has something to do similar to how the private chat can currently be split above the chat window.

I think he was referring to having a separate list for clan friends/members (like the friends list except you would use it for giving your clan members their ranks an pming them) and possibly a list of your favourite clan chats for easy access.

I'm looking forward to the new Q&A that they will be doing in the future, as well as being able to finally try RSC. (Because I started playing Runescape just after RS2 was released, and was not able to access classic. :( )