Nerfing the 26k trick.

gorgoroth

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pvp hardly guarantees 1m/hr.

Some people would be lucky to get 200k/hr.

For higher levels it practically does. For instance, if I PvP for five hours and get at least one Zaros Statuette, I just made 1,000,000/hour for five hours. This example does not take into consideration other high end items that are dropped as a result. At lower levels, your profit is decreased proportionally in favor of lower levels; you didn't gain the high experience needed to receive these higher end drops.

Raw materials cost is increased, so money making with yews and stuff is increased as well, not just 26k.

See the balance?

This is where my discrepancies, and perhaps others, are placed. The game is not just about PvP, or about PvM, or about those who buy their materials, or about those who gather them, or about those who merchant them. You're simply looking at one classification to the myriad of people who contribute to the price of goods, raw or otherwise. PvP makes a huge demand for raw items, hence it is good for skillers at the expense of PvM. But in retrospect, skillers nor PvM can make large sums of cash an hour with traditional methods - 91 RC makes perhaps 800k/hr. So now, while these people may or may not be making more money than the originally did sans PvP updates, they are making a far less profit. These two words, profit and earnings, are not interchangeable in this sense.
hopesolopatriot.jpg

Your system would kill PVP drops.

My system? Stop money from randomly being generated would be a good thing in my opinion, if that's what you meant by "kill pvp drops." Don't much like that 5% loss from cs either...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

I actually sort of like that idea. In the old wilderness, you didn't bother with 1-itemers. Why? Because they weren't worth killing...they only carried one item, which they'd more than likely protect anyway. Why should this new pvp be any different? If you think about it, it solves a lot of problems, and makes 1-iteming (I'm looking at you, you silly 1-iteming d-claw'ers!) less practical.

Only thing I can't get my mind around would be how to stop abuse of said system.

hzvjpwS.gif

The "26k trick" will come to an end, as of when or how I cannot say. All I will say is I spoke to a Mod friend of mine I asked if Jagex has any plans to prevent 26king and or stopping it. She says they are working on it, as for picture proof I asked her if I could post it on a forum she said she'd prefer me not to so I respect her enough as a friend not to post the image.

--Tear.

xxteargodxx.png

This thread is a perfect microcosm for the game's issue. The only people who defend 26k are people like Estorath, who are PVPers exclusively. Without the benefit of perspective, the response is "Well, these crazy drops are great for me, so any change will lead to me flipping out."

The game survived for over a year with no profitable PVP element whatsoever. Now that it's back, every other facet of the game suffers, and PVPers refuse to look at the problem because it benefits them.

stormveritas.png

I havent had a good drop for ages, and to be honest the only thing that keeps me going is the "chance" for a good drop.

BH was relatively profitable pvp, people lost what they took in, but new PVP is people lose more than they get (in the case of real pking) or gain alot of they they lose, (in case of 25k trick).

There SHOULD be a way to fix it without pissing off pkers.

O.O

There's a lot of different ways you can get your EP up. TBH, sitting around doing nothing is the worst possible way to do it. You can do on PvP worlds, bring a few pots while your in populated areas, and run to some dungeon or old forgotten training spot.

If your more like me, you don't give a dang about E.P. and kill everything in sight. People who sit around with 75k give me alot more than some noob with 26k.

I havent had a good drop for ages, and to be honest the only thing that keeps me going is the "chance" for a good drop.

BH was relatively profitable pvp, people lost what they took in, but new PVP is people lose more than they get (in the case of real pking) or gain alot of they they lose, (in case of 25k trick).

PVP never made money for everyone in the old days, only the best of the best gained the most money. The system that wioneo has proposed is the same system I have been pushing for. If anything, it will make it more like the pking in old days. It will force pkers to once again start picking out targets carefully instead of attacking every single person they see.

120dgl.jpg

This thread is a perfect microcosm for the game's issue. The only people who defend 26k are people like Estorath, who are PVPers exclusively. Without the benefit of perspective, the response is "Well, these crazy drops are great for me, so any change will lead to me flipping out."

The game survived for over a year with no profitable PVP element whatsoever. Now that it's back, every other facet of the game suffers, and PVPers refuse to look at the problem because it benefits them.

There is retrospect to that. You could say that the game is as big as it is today thanks to PvP. In the first 4-5 years of the game, monster hunting was hardly at the level it is today. Sure, the KBD came out, and people sought after the mighty dragon medium helmet or dragon square sheild, but the scariest part of fighting the kbd was getting your team through the wild.

Many players had two separate accounts, a main and a pker/staker. The main would most likely just be the first account they started that they gained some good skills with and the pker was the result of a pking system that required certain skills to be low level in order to stand a chance.

Who knows if runescape would have grown to the popularity it is at without that aspect of the game. I can't say for sure, however now you treat it like the red-headed step child. We need a compromise.

w4M8t.png

Because people will die with like, 200k, and drop like 50k, with only a small chance of 200k.

PVP dies, people riot, jagex goes oh ****.

You know that that happens...now, right? The only time(well not "only") that anyone dies with more than 25 or 75k is while they are risking armor/pots etc while pking, and the people who kill them usually weren't standing around for hours prior to the kill, so they often get crappy drops.

You seem to be contradicting yourself and agreeing with me. "Pkers" don't do this trick, they kill random people and usually lose money from what I've heard.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

[hide=]

Because people will die with like, 200k, and drop like 50k, with only a small chance of 200k.

PVP dies, people riot, jagex goes oh ****.

You know that that happens...now, right? The only time(well not "only") that anyone dies with more than 25 or 75k is while they are risking armor/pots etc while pking, and the people who kill them usually weren't standing around for hours prior to the kill, so they often get crappy drops.

You seem to be contradicting yourself and agreeing with me. "Pkers" don't do this trick, they kill random people and usually lose money from what I've heard.

[/hide]

Exactly. I feel the same way as Est0rrath. Pking needs to be fixed. You can't just nuke the drop table and then not make it more beneficial for actual pkers.

I 26ked because it was good money. Do I think it was right? No, but I took advantage of Jagex refusing to fix their system. I won't be sad when 26king is fixed. I'll more then likely be happy, assuming that pkers will no longer recieve crap drops for impressive kills.(specing out claws+whip and getting 200k in runes)...

I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing...I truely do want a fix.

w4M8t.png

Went pking for 2 hours, go no kills due to clawers, died twice losing around 400k each time, 93% ep thought well i might aswell try 26king.

090707200526.png

Not a bad drop even though this hasn't even made me considering sitting around for 2 hours bored out of my mind for it, id rather pk then do it if at all.

I've done it quite a bit and yet to recieve a zaros statue, so thats a pretty lucky drop. Also, if you've never done it before, you have all that death potential built up(you gain some sort of potential when you die, but its no where near the amount you gain when you get a pk)...

I can see Jagex not nerfing this for quite some time.

w4M8t.png

Went pking for 2 hours, go no kills due to clawers, died twice losing around 400k each time, 93% ep thought well i might aswell try 26king.

090707200526.png

Not a bad drop even though this hasn't even made me considering sitting around for 2 hours bored out of my mind for it, id rather pk then do it if at all.

For the record,may I ask your combat lvl? :-k

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

PVP never made money for everyone in the old days, only the best of the best gained the most money. The system that wioneo has proposed is the same system I have been pushing for. If anything, it will make it more like the pking in old days. It will force pkers to once again start picking out targets carefully instead of attacking every single person they see.

Yes, but it could be profitable, not for everyone, but the people that killed the most yes.

O.O

I can see Jagex not nerfing this for quite some time.

In the teeth of the confirmed things we've been hearing from Jagex, this sounds like wishful thinking to me.

Not wishful thinking, but rather honest thinking. As this is no easy fix, if they just flat out nerf the drops, then pking will once again become a thing of the past. Pking is already screwed up. They need to fix it, not nerf it. However, there are a lot of obstacles because of RWT. This is what I predict:

1.Jagex takes a while to fix this with a well thought out plan, which ends up being crap as it will just bring another group of individuals to the whining table.

2.Jagex fixes it immediately, with the same results as above.

3.Jagex nerfs it and we are reverted back to 2007 with inflated prices and no BH.

w4M8t.png

why not make it so that you can only get artefacts over 200k if the person tou killed is your target, and make the minimum loss for someone to get a good drop, the person who died needs to have lost 100k

if not killing a target, you can get lower artefacts and corrupt pvp items, along with normal pking items like rune, dds, mystic etc, but no artefacts over 200k.

targets can give all the artefacts, and noncorrupt pvp items aswell as the corrupt ones.

any problems there?

*in a normal pvp world, not bh, you can only get the nontarg drops.

but tbh, pvp drops were better before they added artefacts and still had whips, dfs etc...atleast then the economy isnt getting flooded with millions and millions of coins.

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

why not make it so that you can only get artefacts over 200k if the person tou killed is your target, and make the minimum loss for someone to get a good drop, the person who died needs to have lost 100k

if not killing a target, you can get lower artefacts and corrupt pvp items, along with normal pking items like rune, dds, mystic etc, but no artefacts over 200k.

targets can give all the artefacts, and noncorrupt pvp items aswell as the corrupt ones.

any problems there?

but tbh, pvp drops were better before they added artefacts and still had whips, dfs etc...atleast then the economy isnt getting flooded with millions and millions of coins.

yes, because I love waiting up to an hour to have to pk for any sort of gain... :wall:

w4M8t.png

any problems there?

The problem of artifacts still exists. Imo, they should just trash that idea altogether and make more PvP drops similar to the PvP armors and brawlers.

Nothing wrong with artifacts unless the game is flooded with them.
No, the game is flooded with money, which is what these artifacts represent.
hopesolopatriot.jpg