Nerfing the 26k trick.

gorgoroth

Well whether or not you admit it, we all love the 26k trick. Sitting around and doing nothing for 2 hours while gaining potential for a few million gp is awesome right? Well if you're like me then sitting around doing nothing will feel like a waste of time no matter what the reward. I'm sure Jagex are aware of the facxt that most of its players are taking full advantage of the new system. I'm sure they have no problem with it otherwise they would have changed it by now, there is one thing the annoyes ME and many others i know of. Yes, i'm taalking about those people who sit around and do nothing for 2hours while gaining ep. I prepose a solution. No ep without exp or kills. While risking 75k should already be enough reason i believe it is not. I was wondering what effect it would have if Jagex ever changed the PvP trick so that you either need a certain ammount of Exp or a certain ammount of Pk Kills to gain EP.

What do you guys think?

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's fine the way it is, but the exp idea sounds good. The other doesn't as some people(like me) can't PK.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

I think it's fine the way it is, but the exp idea sounds good. The other doesn't as some people(like me) can't PK.

Well i can't PK either, but atleast this way it will keep the worls clear of people who just sit and do nothing.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

Green Dragons Guide

TBH I doubt very much anything will be done. Jagex already stated that there is nothing illegal/wrong with the 26k trick, and you are still taking a risk (if you get rushed) plus spending time. Granted the money is almost always better than some other skills, but still, I doubt change will occur. After all, Jagex isn't THAT much like Obama.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Seems like a good plan and even though I'm one of those noobs who sit and watch friends fight and gain EP I feel it'd be more productive if they made me do something for EP.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

May I ask how it annoys you? It's not like they do anything to you. It's like you said, they sit around and do nothing. That is their choice if they want to or not.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

May I ask how it annoys you? It's not like they do anything to you. It's like you said, they sit around and do nothing. That is their choice if they want to or not.

It annoyes me because they sit on their [wagon] for 2hours gaining EP, complain when they get PK'ed, complain when they get worthless drops and in actuall fact they don't even deserve a drop. Its about making it more realistic. You have to earn your money.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

Alternatively, we could do a rollback to before November '07

:thumbdown: Eww

That would mean my accout would be non excistant.

I only started Dec 07.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

I despise the pvp system. It's horrible for the economy, and Jagex doesn't seem to care. PVP simply should not work when people make more money out of it than they lose; a normal system would be balanced.

lalalasig2.png

Seems like a good plan and even though I'm one of those noobs who sit and watch friends fight and gain EP I feel it'd be more productive if they made me do something for EP.

No, you Pj and rush instead. :D

smallsigr.jpg

I despise the pvp system. It's horrible for the economy, and Jagex doesn't seem to care. PVP simply should not work when people make more money out of it than they lose; a normal system would be balanced.

Not 100% accurate. In the first place Jagex replace high end drops with new Statues, etc. because they cared about the Economy and in the second place alot of people still do real PK so they do lose alot daily.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

Adrian aren't you no lifing at agility arena to get ep?

OMG OMG SAILING IS COMING LOLOLOLOL!!!1111 b/c JAGEX GAMES STUDIO , ANAGRAM OF SAITO JUDGE X-GAMES

TAKASHI SAITO= RED SOX P1TCHER... RED SOX = BOSTON, BOSTON = PORT CITY!!!! PORT CITY = SAILING

Adrian aren't you no lifing at agility arena to get ep?

Indeed i am :) 90 here i come :P

So in other words, you wan't to nerf them for getting the same EP you are, only without the XP?

Yeah, if you gain no EXP you gain no EP.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

You may be onto something with linking EP to experience gains, but how would you make it fair for all skills? I mean, say you needed 100k total experience to get so much EP. Something like fishing will take a lot longer to get that 100k than another skill like thieving. And if you weight certain skills, how do you determine how much to weight them? In theory, fishing should be about equal to agility...but you make money when you fish, so how does that factor in? And what about skills like magic, where exp/hr rates slide from fishing-speed with 200k gp/hr profit all the way up to fletching-speed with major losses? There are other problems too with various ways to "store up" experience to gain all at once, e.g. agility tickets, runecrafting tabs, SC items, and so on.

And if the player just has to be gaining experience, no matter how quickly, then it doesn't stop those antics of people casting bolt spells at each other, since they're getting magic experience. People hiding in obscure locations could easily play with a toy mouse or something and only be mildly inconvenienced at best.

As for increasing EP based on kills, doesn't your EP already go down when you get loot from a kill?

Not 100% accurate. In the first place Jagex replace high end drops with new Statues, etc. because they cared about the Economy and in the second place alot of people still do real PK so they do lose alot daily.

The statues take items like whips out of the economy and replace them with just gp. That brings excess gold into the economy that was never present beforehand.

lalalasig2.png

Sounds like a decent idea. Personally, I'd make this against the rules in a heartbeat.

When 26/75k ing first came about, I really didn't care much about it. Nowadays everyone and their mother is abusing it. I don't care if it's not against the rules, it's against the spirit of the game.

I work my mellee stats all to 99, prayer to 80, summon to 88 and risk 10-20m+ in equipment while using resources constantly at bosses making 1m/hr if very lucky and experienced (and extremely patient with dry streaks). Meanwhile, any newb can pick 76k worth of flax and stand around doing NOTHING makeing more money than me.

Explain the fairness of that? Now explain the point in boss hunting and combat to me? This 26king is making practicly everything obsolete.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Seems simple enough. No exp no ep. In all fairness it would have to be a reasonable amount of exp, but if it was in any stats or just overall you could just Wc with an Adze and earn plenty of ep. Seems like a good idea to me.

Mr_Muto.png

Whips - 101

Barrows - 97

Dragon Drops - 209

2100/2200 Total

992nd To 99 Slayer.

Mr_Muto - Muto's Slayer Blog

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> -- add it.

Sounds like a decent idea. Personally, I'd make this against the rules in a heartbeat.

When 26/75k ing first came about, I really didn't care much about it. Nowadays everyone and their mother is abusing it. I don't care if it's not against the rules, it's against the spirit of the game.

I work my mellee stats all to 99, prayer to 80, summon to 88 and risk 10-20m+ in equipment while using resources constantly at bosses making 1m/hr if very lucky and experienced (and extremely patient with dry streaks). Meanwhile, any newb can pick 76k worth of flax and stand around doing NOTHING makeing more money than me.

Explain the fairness of that?

its prefectly fair, theres nothing stopping you from doing 26k as well...

although i must agree, these new drops need to be nerfed too.. 50m loot in a few days of pvp.. really cant be good for economy

Explain the fairness of that?

although i must agree, these new drops need to be nerfed too.. 50m loot in a few days of pvp.. really cant be good for economy

Actually its a very positive stimuli for the economy.

But I do agree that it is way to easy for low levels and medium levels to gain insane cash using a method that in a sense has minimal risk and maximum pay-off.

Let it be known that I've never done it myself, as I prefer to level my skills up, and with skills follow money.

I, and all high levels pre-pvp worked up their stats so they could make money well with whatever method they like. It's not fair that everyone gets instant access to the same gp rates, even if the higher levels can do it as well. I'm just a little disturbed by Jagex's lack of care for the entire situation, they've even clearly stated it's within rules to do this.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Actually its a very positive stimuli for the economy.

Depends on perspective.

While drops become more valuable, there is VERY real danger of inflation. Mass influx of coins to the economy drives down the value of the RS dollar, so no matter -how- you make money, that money won't buy as much.

The big difference is that now while slayer is no longer dying, all skills are at least somewhat deteriorated.

Jagex could cut the EP rate tenfold and STILL have people 26king. Is there a possibly more sure sign it needs to be nerfed?

stormveritas.png