Nerfing the 26k trick.

gorgoroth

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Jagex should never have introduced the bar that told you how many potential you had. That's just asking for people to do the bare minimum.

I've also argued over whether Jagex should have originally stated the 75 and 25k minimums, but that's not the main problem.

Picture3-1-1-1.jpg

So how do you stop the problem of the toy mouse?

They could...

1) Toy mouses unusable on PvP worlds (as well as any other toy-mouse type things)

2) XP requirements to build EP that are large enough to rule out toy mouses as a good EP builder

3) Easier skills to manipulate will only build EP at higher wilderness levels, maybe multi combat areas?

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009

TBH, if you are smart, you won't do nothing in 2 hours just to get EP, I like to go fish or kill some ice giants in the north west corner of wilderness. If you just sit there doing nothing then you are stupid.

ib7rVm.png

If you have to get exp, a lot of people will be getting 50m+ mage and probably 100m+ fletching then >.>

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

PvP trick nowdays with artifacts is not cool by me.

Why? It's all GP focused.

I want brawlers and that's why i do it and no other reasons...

But i hate most is that PvP must take all the focus of updates...

It's PvP all the time :|

Exactly, Which is more of a reason why I think people should just let it go and accept it for what it is.

I feel like if people want to spend their hours standing around doing nothing for money, thats their choice and they wont get any XP from it.

To many people focus on the "WTF PPL GET STUFF FASTER THAN ME, NERF IT PLZ!" thought of mind, and forget this game is about having fun achieving personal goals rather than being faster/better than others. I dont care if the guy next to me gets 5m in 30 minutes 26king and it takes me 10 hours skilling hard to get that same 5m. Its about the jouney to GET that ammount. If I find skilling more enjoyable thats fine, but if I find standing around doing nothing for hours enjoyabe, theres nothing wrong with that! I wish people would just see that and not focus on what the guy next to them has that you dont have.

The only issue I really see is the AFK'ers, which in my mind are basically the same thing as Botting for money. You shoudlnt get EP% for putting a paperweight on your arrow key and letting your camera spin for an hour. They need to auto log you if you press the same key for more than a 10 minute period.

Point being, adding more restrictions just makes the situation worse. Its fine how it is right now. Any attemt to tweek it will only worsen the situation, and waste everyones time.

dawnsigblue-3.png

They could...

1) Toy mouses unusable on PvP worlds (as well as any other toy-mouse type things)

2) XP requirements to build EP that are large enough to rule out toy mouses as a good EP builder

3) Easier skills to manipulate will only build EP at higher wilderness levels, maybe multi combat areas?

But then what if you're an honest player doing some activity that gives slow xp?

Couldn't they just make it so that whoever dies drops 1/10th of whatever they're carrying? For example, if I was risking 1 mill worth of gear and died, the victor would get 100k in coins. It would become more about the fun of pking, and I doubt any RWT would spend hours making 1 mill just to transfer 100k. Unless both people were risking over 50 mill, the profits wouldn't be too much, and only the people who enjoy pking would pk, wouldn't they? I'm sure there's a flaw with this, but I'm not a pker really, and have never even tried pking/26king, so I'm not familiar with all the details.

C_ac_t_u_a_r.png

TBH, if you are smart, you won't do nothing in 2 hours just to get EP, I like to go fish or kill some ice giants in the north west corner of wilderness. If you just sit there doing nothing then you are stupid.

Thats what I was thinking. Seems to be people complaining about how they make better use of their time and people who are lazy should be punished. So it needs to be nerfed because you get money+xp, where as others just get money. People will complain about anything. Tip.It is starting to become RSOF.

w4M8t.png

They could...

But then what if you're an honest player doing some activity that gives slow xp?

What kind of slow xp do you mean? And maybe they could make different EP building levels. Like if you are mining or something slow like that, your ep would build faster than somebody alching with magic brawlers. This would also depend on risk, level of wilderness, ect.

Thats what I was thinking. Seems to be people complaining about how they make better use of their time and people who are lazy should be punished. So it needs to be nerfed because you get money+xp, where as others just get money. People will complain about anything. Tip.It is starting to become RSOF.

I think the underlying problem is the tidal wave of GP being generated, not the fact that people are earning it for nothing.

Winters Omen.png

They could...

You'd do it on a normal world

They could...

What kind of slow xp do you mean? And maybe they could make different EP building levels. Like if you are mining or something slow like that, your ep would build faster than somebody alching with magic brawlers. This would also depend on risk, level of wilderness, ect.

For example, fighting a boss monster, playing a minigame like Shades of Mort'ton, collecting snape grass, and so on.

[hide=]

They could...

For example, fighting a boss monster, playing a minigame like Shades of Mort'ton, collecting snape grass, and so on.

[/hide]

Who does any of that to build EP as it is, let alone get XP (if any xp can be gained from collecting snape grass, please enlighten me how! :shock: )

Winters Omen.png

[hide=]

They could...

[/hide]

Who does any of that to build EP as it is, let alone get XP (if any xp can be gained from collecting snape grass, please enlighten me how! :shock: )

Well, see, a nice thing about pvp worlds is that you can do anything you would do on a normal world there with a little more risk in exchange for building up a little EP, and probably less competition. So I think it's desirable that we should be able to gain EP from whatever activity we want. (And you would get a little magic xp collecting snape grass if you were casting Waterbirth teleport.)

Well, see, a nice thing about pvp worlds is that you can do anything you would do on a normal world there with a little more risk in exchange for building up a little EP, and probably less competition. So I think it's desirable that we should be able to gain EP from whatever activity we want. (And you would get a little magic xp collecting snape grass if you were casting Waterbirth teleport.)

Our idea that we're discussing though, is that you would have to be gaining xp in order to gain EP. They could incorporate minigames and boss fighting to build EP quickly, but the bottom line is kicking out AFK EP builders

Winters Omen.png

They could...

I like this, this would make people have to fletch in multi combat areas or high level wilderness making it a big risk to get EP.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Meh, i was thinking more along the lines of a system that would require you to gain a sertain ammount of exp per skill but the requirement for eacp skill would differ. Since skills like cooking and Fletching is easier a higher exp gain would be required and since skills like slayer and farming are much harder, a lower exp gain would be required.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

I personally decided to try the trick with a friend for the first time yesterday. We were sitting on the steps outside the white knights castle with a single item worth more than the required amount, and skulling on each other.

Well long story short, she got rushed and lost her whip, and decided to log out. So at 49% ep I logged out as well.

Anyway I agree getting great drops for just sitting around for 2 hours is pretty lame. Then again getting great drops from someone holding 75k is pretty lame too.

Personally I think the drops shouldn't ever exceed the amount risked, at least not by much. Having a range of about plus or minus 100k or so sounds like a good idea to me, while also keeping a mandatory minimum risk. You should never get an item worth millions from someone risking less than 100k.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

I personally decided to try the trick with a friend for the first time yesterday. We were sitting on the steps outside the white knights castle with a single item worth more than the required amount, and skulling on each other.

Well long story short, she got rushed and lost her whip, and decided to log out. So at 49% ep I logged out as well.

Anyway I agree getting great drops for just sitting around for 2 hours is pretty lame. Then again getting great drops from someone holding 75k is pretty lame too.

Personally I think the drops shouldn't ever exceed the amount risked, at least not by much. Having a range of about plus or minus 100k or so sounds like a good idea to me, while also keeping a mandatory minimum risk. You should never get an item worth millions from someone risking less than 100k.

Yup, that last suggestion sums up my ideas too, but would pking still be profitable?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Ofcourse setting limits to the drop should be possible. A normal distribution of rewardings around the risked amount by the death target could be possible. For example, 26k risked --> A normal distribution around 45k with max 90k and min 0.

200k makes 100k-300k.. etc. Just remove the whole EP. Having a normal distribution will cause that on long-term, the earnings is no more then the lost amount. But the randomness will cause RWT to be extremely risky. Or extremely lenghty :P

Think about it.

I thought about it, and, what if you section yourself off with a friend and risked 5M. Either standing there the whole time or killing him, does that mean just because I have 5M and Im with a safe friend (hell, another account for that matter) I could get 4M - 7M loot? And repeat until I cannot hold any more coins?

Yup, that last suggestion sums up my ideas too, but would pking still be profitable?

if you risked a decent amount it would still be profitable.

Y_Z.png

Ofcourse setting limits to the drop should be possible. A normal distribution of rewardings around the risked amount by the death target could be possible. For example, 26k risked --> A normal distribution around 45k with max 90k and min 0.

200k makes 100k-300k.. etc. Just remove the whole EP. Having a normal distribution will cause that on long-term, the earnings is no more then the lost amount. But the randomness will cause RWT to be extremely risky. Or extremely lenghty :P

Think about it.

I thought about it, and, what if you section yourself off with a friend and risked 5M. Either standing there the whole time or killing him, does that mean just because I have 5M and Im with a safe friend (hell, another account for that matter) I could get 4M - 7M loot? And repeat until I cannot hold any more coins?

I was thinking more along the lines of 1m - 6m for 5m coins held. EP could push the lower bracket upwards for example. Let's say the bracket for 5m held will be 0 - 6m at 0% EP. At 100% EP that would be 3.5m-6.5m for example. This will still allow pk'ers to get decent amount of cash and will cause tricking to be a long-term loss since normal distribution says 5m held will cause 5m reward ONLY if 100% EP all the time and ONLY in long-term. Hard for RWT to handle, since there is a large part of risk involved. Paying for 5M and only getting 3M is not something we want.

Also this way PK'ers can't make millions from a single kill anymore. Could be screwing over them a bit, but.. nothing to different from what it used to be. You can't make more then what your opponent is risking.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Lets just face it. RWT wont stop in any kind of way. Jagex might aswell bring back the old REAL pvp style/drops. EVERY multiplayer game where you build up an account/money/stats that i know of has RWT.

The only thing that Jagex has done with these [developmentally delayed]ed updates is destroyed the old GOOD pvp/wild. Did that stop rwt/easy money/''trading'' lots of money/wealth between accounts? No.

Lets just face it. RWT wont stop in any kind of way. Jagex might aswell bring back the old REAL pvp style/drops. EVERY multiplayer game where you build up an account/money/stats that i know of has RWT.

The only thing that Jagex has done with these [developmentally delayed] updates is destroyed the old GOOD pvp/wild. Did that stop rwt/easy money/''trading'' lots of money/wealth between accounts? No.

They only thing that Jagex has done with these necessary updates was saving their game.

The only thing that Jagex has done with these [developmentally delayed] updates is destroyed the old GOOD pvp/wild. Did that stop rwt/easy money/''trading'' lots of money/wealth between accounts? No.

They only thing that Jagex has done with these necessary updates was saving their game.

Besides, RWT has been slowed down a ton... You can't xfer 100M in seconds, it takes hours/days, depending on what methods you use.

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.