Nerfing the 26k trick.

gorgoroth

its prefectly fair, theres nothing stopping you from doing 26k as well...

I, and all high levels pre-pvp worked up their stats so they could make money well with whatever method they like. It's not fair that everyone gets instant access to the same gp rates, even if the higher levels can do it as well. I'm just a little disturbed by Jagex's lack of care for the entire situation, they've even clearly stated it's within rules to do this.

I feel exactly the same way.

Its very disheartening for me to read multiple messages in clan channels from low levels reading "Omg I only got a 600k drop" and other stuff like this, when they in reality are using a method which (again) requires no skill, minimal risk (only because it happens in a pvp zone, which is why you find someone ur own level so you can chicken out any time) and pays maximum.

Its funny. Because pking was fun in its most pure form, the original form that started sucking once it got tampered with again and again , defacing it into something not even worthy of being called pking - more like a subskill which you just repeatedly do over and over again with little chance of failure.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually its a very positive stimuli for the economy.

Depends on perspective.

While drops become more valuable, there is VERY real danger of inflation. Mass influx of coins to the economy drives down the value of the RS dollar, so no matter -how- you make money, that money won't buy as much.

The big difference is that now while slayer is no longer dying, all skills are at least somewhat deteriorated.

Jagex could cut the EP rate tenfold and STILL have people 26king. Is there a possibly more sure sign it needs to be nerfed?

Cash is the only fuel for the G.E.

But I surely do agree with you, that if the amount of people doing this little trick here stays the same, or worse, grows, than we will in the not so distant future have a spin-off in the market which we can blaim on this recent update including idols.

Keep in mind though, that money is only really valuable in a game if its spent. If it doesn't get spent it means nothing, as there are no such things as interest payouts in this game.

However! Since tens of thousands of people are going to be standing around with millions upon millions of hard gold coins earned so easily, it would be tempting to put it into hair brained schemes and excessive luxuries, which will actually reward the economy as a whole, since people will be buying stuff they don't need, but *want*. And there are many items to spend money on that you normally wouldn't.

I>'d definitely agree with this idea, I don't think it should be like gain x xp before you get ep.

It should just literally be you're ep goes up, like it goes now, but it won't go up unless you are gaining xp.

So if you just stand there u get nothing, if you go and train or fight ur ep will go up like normal

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think it's fine the way it is, but the exp idea sounds good. The other doesn't as some people(like me) can't PK.

Well i can't PK either, but atleast this way it will keep the worls clear of people who just sit and do nothing.

dont be in a pvp world if your not a pker?

and yeah I do the 26k trick and i pk [lost claws yesterday ffs -.-]

Tip.it's 2nd unoffical Go player

Darkduellord.gif

sm3x;

sm3x0rz.png

I think it's fine the way it is, but the exp idea sounds good. The other doesn't as some people(like me) can't PK.

Well i can't PK either, but atleast this way it will keep the worls clear of people who just sit and do nothing.

dont be in a pvp world if your not a pker?

and yeah I do the 26k trick and i pk [lost claws yesterday ffs -.-]

Your ability to pk.

Whether you are a pker or not.

and

Whether you attempt to go pking.

All 3 are totally independent of each other, just because you CAN'T pk and ARE NOT a pker does not automatically mean you don't TRY to go pking.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

In my opinion drops need to get nerfed. In the old wilderness you would get a dds/rune legs/neitiznot if you killed someone and if you were really lucky you would smite someone for a whip. It wasn't really that good profit, and people pked for fun. Pures even got worse loot usually.

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

In historie PK'ing could never earn more money then risked. You'd get whatever the opponent had on him/her and nothing more. PK'ing was a economy drain. Food/potions and w/e wasn't picked up disapeared. Now call me an idiot, but nowadays PK'ing is a mass production of raw GP's.

inflation is what comes to my mind, tough it won't be that bad. It does however sicken me that the earnings are out of proportion. Someone earlier mentioned that the 26k trick earns more then hunting bossmonsters. Tough not always true, its not far off. A friend of mine is an actual PK'er and he earns less then a 26k'er, because well my friend actually loses sometimes.

Ofcourse setting limits to the drop should be possible. A normal distribution of rewardings around the risked amount by the death target could be possible. For example, 26k risked --> A normal distribution around 45k with max 90k and min 0.

200k makes 100k-300k.. etc. Just remove the whole EP. Having a normal distribution will cause that on long-term, the earnings is no more then the lost amount. But the randomness will cause RWT to be extremely risky. Or extremely lenghty :P

Think about it.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

I despise the pvp system. It's horrible for the economy, and Jagex doesn't seem to care. PVP simply should not work when people make more money out of it than they lose; a normal system would be balanced.

Actually, the old system drained items away. On average, every pker lost money, because consumables that are used are lost in the fight, so a normal system slowly makes items go away. Now, this is only the average. A skilled pker will win more fights then he loses, and can make money, and a worse pker will lose more fights then he wins, and lose money to the better pkers. The current system creates more items than are taken out, thus the 26k trick exists.

Smobo.png

Got his first skill cape April 7th 2009, at lv 121+12 cb and 2000 total

I think the system could use some serious changes, such as some sort of point system. The rewards could be coins, weapons, armor ect ect, and would obviously be harder to earn than cash is through the statue system.

To really get a grip on the 26kers, they could make it so that the system detects when a player dies with only 26k or so on them, and gives a less than rewarding drop. To further combat it (although maybe a bit much), they could require instead of risking 76k to get drops, you must have 170k -or some number around there - and require that you have 6 pieces or armor adding up to an additional 170k or something like that.

Ep could take longer to obtain, or could go up proportionately with how much you are risking, level of wilderness, multi or single combat, things like that. Maybe even bring the revanents (sp?) back for the high levels of wilderness and secluded spots to combat EP sitters and not actual PKers. They could attack people carrying cash or something like that.

I guess the disheartening thing is that people will ALWAYS find some sort of loophole. I don't think Jagex could ever even dream that people would abuse the target system using nettles. They'll always find a way to 26k, but Jagex could make it so tough that it wouldn't be worth it.

I'm not saying it needs to be stopped right this second, and I'm not even all that against it. Heck, I made 25m over the weekend doing it. But in all reality it just can't be good for the game and needs to stop at some point, and those are just some suggestions...Anyone agree that it should be harder to 26k?

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009

I wish for once Jagex made a update for PvP and didn't have to modify it later...

PvP, PvP, PvP...

I don't give a [bleep] whether it's wrong or right about this new artifacts. They made the change...and now have to "Fix it" again.

Personally i don't do the trick to often, it's more fun to slay.

It definately needs nerfing. I will admit i do it. It is just over the top easy to make money.

There needs a careful balance of stopping people from being able to do the trick, and keeping profits in it for pkers.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I think... you should only be allowed a drop that is worth what the opponent is risking. Like if your opponent had a rune plate on with a skull, you would get a statue worth 48k.

but then why have the drops at all, it would just end up back at what PVP was originally, which we can't do anymore due to RWT.

It wouldn't be bad though, to only have drops worth equal to or less than what the opponent risks, but then would it still be profitable to pk?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I think... you should only be allowed a drop that is worth what the opponent is risking. Like if your opponent had a rune plate on with a skull, you would get a statue worth 48k.

how is this stopping RWT?

Then it would be just as easy as the 'old days'

I trick for money, i've never been so good at pking. I kill people risking 76k coins. They got no armour so this is the only way for me to PWN in wildy =D>

+ Saxon is right :P

I feel I prolly Pvp the way it shoud be. Sure, I gain anywhere from 500k-5m every 2 hours, but I also try to kill my BH target every time. I ussually risk around 1m in items(d boots, obby shield, warrior ring, achievment cape, barrows glove, glory, neitznot, rune plate and legs). Sure I could 26k the whole time, not losing anything, but that's not as fun for me.

w4M8t.png

I wish for once Jagex made a update for PvP and didn't have to modify it later...

PvP, PvP, PvP...

I don't give a [bleep] whether it's wrong or right about this new artifacts. They made the change...and now have to "Fix it" again.

I think the problem is that no matter how times they fix it, there will ALWAYS be a loophole for people to exploit. When they tested the statuettes in the Jagex offices, I'm sure it seemed great. But when they released it to thousands of players, a much bigger scale than they could simulate, they were probably thinking "WTF were we thinking??"

And with the target thing, I don't think they could ever have thought that people would die using nettles to both get drops.

There's just more players than them, and the players are always going to be one step ahead in terms of manipulating any system they put in place, unfortunately.

Winters Omen.png

PvP, PvP, PvP...

I think the problem is that no matter how times they fix it, there will ALWAYS be a loophole for people to exploit. When they tested the statuettes in the Jagex offices, I'm sure it seemed great. But when they released it to thousands of players, a much bigger scale than they could simulate, they were probably thinking "WTF were we thinking??"

And with the target thing, I don't think they could ever have thought that people would die using nettles to both get drops.

There's just more players than them, and the players are always going to be one step ahead in terms of manipulating any system they put in place, unfortunately.

I wouldnt call it manipulating the system tough.

kirderf123.png

99 Woodcutting 09/12/08 - 99 Cooking 13/01/09 - 99 Fletching 20/04/09 - 2,713th to 99 Construction 14/09/09

[hide=Quote]

New summon monster. You get 99 summon and complete a hard quest to gain the ability to summon Jesus, who splits the waters allowing you to walk to a new port town where you unlock the sailing skill. Obviously ;)

That was Moses you idiot.

That gets fixed in the bugfix the following week. Maybe.

[/hide]

PvP, PvP, PvP...

I wouldnt call it manipulating the system tough.

How is it not manipulating the system? PvP worlds were made for (in my own opinion): Players gearing up and killing other players, but having an equal chance of being killed. It's a matter of skill and weaponry. Obviously, it's not that way so much anymore with claws/rushing/ect, but you get the idea. Legitimate kills is what I'm getting at.

What I believe manipulates the system is sitting in the wild with the minimum needed to build EP, and then arranging a death with somebody to get good drops (while both having the minimum requirements to get a drop). Nothing is a legitimate "PK" in that scenario, besides the obvious fact that a player killed a player.

How can you not call that manipulation?

Winters Omen.png

PvP trick nowdays with artifacts is not cool by me.

Why? It's all GP focused.

I want brawlers and that's why i do it and no other reasons...

But i hate most is that PvP must take all the focus of updates...

It's PvP all the time :|

Seems simple enough. No exp no ep. In all fairness it would have to be a reasonable amount of exp, but if it was in any stats or just overall you could just Wc with an Adze and earn plenty of ep. Seems like a good idea to me.

Agreed. Send Jagex this idea and tell them that we here on TIF support it!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Seems simple enough. No exp no ep. In all fairness it would have to be a reasonable amount of exp, but if it was in any stats or just overall you could just Wc with an Adze and earn plenty of ep. Seems like a good idea to me.

Brilliant :thumbup:

Winters Omen.png