26th June 2009 - Mobilising Armies Dev Blog

Caromon

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to play this card, but it feels like a PR attempt to me. Yeah, it won't be HUGELY fantastic and the wait probably isn't going to be worth it, but eh, they made a smart move with this blog.

It's a brilliant PR move, anyway - it reduces the likelihood of ranters complaining how it didn't meet their expectations. Too bad it won't totally eliminate that...

The thing I'm thinking about is how many ranters do you think actually read the Development Blogs? Half of them just post on the forums without any background knowledge.

Of course the other half of the ranters that look at every little thing Jagex does and criticizes them for it may shut up for this update. ::'

There probably will be a huge chunk who only read the very last two sentences and think that is what the blog is. This blog will "shut up" those that would have criticized for the period of time it took to develop the new tech for the game, but then there are going to be those that complain because of the amount of time for something that they now know that this game will not make their expectations. Overall, still the best move on their part to basically say, "Hey, this is new, so give us some leeway as we try to develop this into something better in the future."

Personally, I'm not a fan of Real time strategy games like Age of Empires, but if this new technology can be used for other new updates, then I will thank them for the new advances.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

just remember before you go praising Jagex. they said it would be released in December, that was said in november. they then postponed it due to bugs. this means that they have been working only on bugs for over six(6) months now. if this game has any bugs im headed to Jagex castle and stabbing someone.

Y_Z.png

It looks like it's going to be awesome. From the looks of it, they're going to try and bring some parts of the game away from just working by clicking.

I think this update will be great, it's about time a new minigame was released. Hopefully it will be as cool as it sounds \'

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

I for one, probably won't play it more than once.

So you're Jesus, right? Can I have one of those new e classes?

On topic, Jagex seems to be stepping up their anti-flame techniques lately. I hope that this actually won't suck though, so we'll only have to deal with that subset of ranters who rant for the sake of ranting.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

No more trolling jagex bout that they promise updates and dont release them D:

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

just remember before you go praising Jagex. they said it would be released in December, that was said in november. they then postponed it due to bugs. this means that they have been working only on bugs for over six(6) months now. if this game has any bugs im headed to Jagex castle and stabbing someone.

It hasn't been been just bugs they were fixing, they've also been improving the gameplay and making sure it will work overall in Runescape. It only just went to the QA team a month ago I believe a Jagex Mod said so I'm sure they have been doing more than just fixing every little bug they find.

I'm surprised that thus far no one here has mentioned that in the MMO interview with Mark Gerhard he spoke of some huge update they were working on that was not only something they've never done before and would change a lot of gameplay in Runescape, but was a skill as well.

I think we're getting a new skill with the release of this minigame. Could be wrong, but they said the skill would introduce something never seen in rs before, and those are the words they use to describe this minigame as well.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

I'm surprised that thus far no one here has mentioned that in the MMO interview with Mark Gerhard he spoke of some huge update they were working on that was not only something they've never done before and would change a lot of gameplay in Runescape, but was a skill as well.

I think we're getting a new skill with the release of this minigame. Could be wrong, but they said the skill would introduce something never seen in rs before, and those are the words they use to describe this minigame as well.

That thought crossed my mind as well, but Jagex described mobilising armies as something that wasn't necessarily a huge or polished update.

That thought crossed my mind as well, but Jagex described mobilising armies as something that wasn't necessarily a huge or polished update.

If I recall, I thought the new skill wasn't out for quite a while,which I thought I saw a MMG quote saying that.Now, this update was said to be coming in december, it is now June, so I think we have to see that there might be a time lapse between between to the minigame and the new skill.

I'm sorry if the above post makes no sense, I'm very tired haha.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

If I recall, I thought the new skill wasn't out for quite a while,which I thought I saw a MMG quote saying that.Now, this update was said to be coming in december, it is now June, so I think we have to see that there might be a time lapse between between to the minigame and the new skill.

I'm sorry if the above post makes no sense, I'm very tired haha.

There is that - the theory that there wouldn't be enough time to create both this and the new skill, but Mark also mentioned that he was planning on Holding on real tight to any information about the new skill, because he didn't want the population to think of it as "eh'?" due to it being too hyped up after all the work was put in.

I would post a link to this interview, but I can't seem to find it.

EDIT:

I don't want to give it away though because it's really exciting and no one has done it so we're kind of keeping that one close to our chest.

But what I realized is that if we hide stuff and then say "Yeah we're going to build this and it's awesome and the most exciting thing we've ever done!" and then launch it and it's like "Eh?," we've almost set ourselves up to fail before we even started. So we don't want to spin it; we want it to be a big surprise. So it will be a skill, and we will introduce a whole new type of gameplay as well, but you'll see it when it's ready.

http://mmohub.org/news/interview-runesc ... uture/296/

1yrb49.jpg

lol sometimes I find it hard to believe I paid membership to this game for 4 years. Then I remember that it was never such a complete joke before. WTB old RS.

whats wtb mean?

but anyway the game looks really fun and im looking foward it.

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

Well mobilising armies is a game where you take control of armies in an RTS environment in order to lay siege, fight, and control legions of troops.

They have to get to battle somehow, yes?

SAILING!!!! AMG SAILING!!!!

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Glad to see that the project hasnt been cancelled, but I think this blog is more a "cover-your-[wagon]-from-criticism" page rather than an actual blog. Basically theyre saying not to expect the best and to appreciate other aspects of the new minigame other than the content itself because they are trying new techniques. Interesting tactic, I wonder if it will prevent people from criticizing the game at all.
Does a bear defecate in a toilet?

Eh, I'm not at all excited about this game. Long wait and then they come out and cover there mules with this statement plus the fact that I can just get my RTS fix through Starcraft or Warcraft 3, I really don't have high expectations for MA.

Just wanted to mention that I've been playing WAY too much Team Fortress 2 lately and so I imagined a spy sneaking into Jagex HQ and backstabbing the heck out of people walking down the corridors. Take THAT head of PR. You're not getting off so easy random QA guy. Just TRY to take me down security guard, I'm a freakin' Spy!
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I guess its hard to use google ...

WTB = "Want to Buy" I guess he wants to se he would pay to play the older version(s) of RS.

sorry but google let me down when i wanted to figure out what : ) was anyway thanks.

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

I guess its hard to use google ...

WTB = "Want to Buy" I guess he wants to se he would pay to play the older version(s) of RS.

sorry but google let me down when i wanted to figure out what : ) was anyway thanks.

[hide=Didn't even have to click a link.]fmlgoogle.png[/hide]

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

I heard hype of it being a skill too, but in the Dev Diary with Andrew, it was tagged as "Minigame" so that one was wrapped up in an antispeculation banklet

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png