Unobtainable Quest Rewards-A Cosmetic Truth

Zoov

Well, recently I found out that the Hazeel's Mark item now is a giant gold "Z". I remember that it happens to be from a quest where you can only obtain the amulet if you chose a certain faction in a quest. Turns out I chose the other side, so I got some armor that I can't even get back now, and the Hazeel followers get this stinkin' awesome amulet. I would love that amulet for a cool outfit, plus "Z" is the first letter of my character's name.

I figure there is no way to ever switch sides, and Jagex won't change this because the amulet is purely cosmetic.

What are your thoughts on items such as these? I think that it's unfair but I guess I will have to deal with it.

jQo2G.png

Signature by Unoalexi.

Tip.it's official signature picture of the quest-cape emote is me.

Fire cape owner since May 17, 2011

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there should be other quests involving him, as he is a Mahjarrat, so we might be able to get one yet.

When I see people say it, I pronounce it "poon" in my head. Makes more sense to me. My friend said it in real life once and I almost kneed him in the family-maker.

$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found

Are you sure you can wear it? I think I did that quest and you couldn't wear the amulet. :o

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

Are you sure you can wear it? I think I did that quest and you couldn't wear the amulet. :o

It used to be an "M" for Majharrat. And, yes, you could wear it. It gave no bonuses whatsoever, but, it looked like a cool golden unholy symbol perfect for a costume.

Anywhoo I would rather have a quest that merely "unlocks" the items and allows you to have either/or and be able to switch etc. So, yes, it should be made available to all the players. The reward should have been the family armor and the mark of Hazeel.

Somewhere in the Dogurish-Khan (Sp?) agility Course there's a guy you can pick-pocket for the "Z" Symbol (Or so i've been told). One thing thats a bummer in this topic are these two items:

Anna's Silver Necklace: Can only get it once from the quest, afterwards you can't obtain it again.

Carnelliean Armor: Same deal, reward from quest if you go against Hazel, but you cant get it if you've lost it and it looks like Castle Wars armor, which imo, they should change it.

Popoto.~<3

The best reward from that quest is gained by not completing it. The false wall you use to get to the chest if you go with the evil side is a safe zone in PvP worlds. Being in Ardougne, the rest of the mansion (excluding the basement and area above the false wall) is a hotzone. The small area behind the wall only has 1 square of standable space, making it impossible to attack other people inside it. So you can alch or fletch bolts in PvP and just click the wall if you're attacked. Add a decent defence and good armour and the chance of getting killed is very small. You can even pass through it if you're frozen, since it's a forced movement like firemaking.

quit

The best reward from that quest is gained by not completing it. The false wall you use to get to the chest if you go with the evil side is a safe zone in PvP worlds. Being in Ardougne, the rest of the mansion (excluding the basement and area above the false wall) is a hotzone. The small area behind the wall only has 1 square of standable space, making it impossible to attack other people inside it. So you can alch or fletch bolts in PvP and just click the wall if you're attacked. Add a decent defence and good armour and the chance of getting killed is very small. You can even pass through it if you're frozen, since it's a forced movement like firemaking.

thats a very good idea can you show me where it is?

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

Um, no. I already looked that up before I made this thread. Only people who originally sided with Clivet can talk to him to get it. Yes, I tried. :thumbsup:

jQo2G.png

Signature by Unoalexi.

Tip.it's official signature picture of the quest-cape emote is me.

Fire cape owner since May 17, 2011

i think its slightly unfair that you really dont know what rewards you get, they should have a warning or something.

...And that would totally ruin the excitement for all those questing.

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

I agree. That and the Blurite sword should be SOMEHOW reobtainable. Even if you DID side with Hazeel (which was smarter, because it has more awesome cutscenes and was shorter) you can't get it back after you destroy it, which I did...

You can get the amulet back now after an update. I hope so anyway because I dropped mine. :pray:

I'd love to get back the demonic sigil as it has such a cool looking animation. Good job I kept most things though like silverlight, dark daggers and bull roarers.

thats a very good idea can you show me where it is?

Pretty sure it's been changed so it's not a hotspot anymore.
imagangster.png

I think the blurite swords can be regained by the same method as you use in the quest.

You can't. The dwarf refuses to make another, even if you have everything. And of course, you can't make one yourself. So once it's gone, it's gone.

It's a very old quest, jagex probably doesn't think about things like that much

Maybe, but remember what Jagex said about all of their recent quests? They said all of the quests are leading to another grandmaster quest involving the Mahjarrat. Hazeel is a Mahjarrat, so while they're developing the quest, why not incorporate the Hazeel cult and therefore that icon? Doing that would mean there HAS to be a way to get it back. You could even have those who sided against Hazeel switch sides during the GM quest, so everyone could get it back.

I think the blurite swords can be regained by the same method as you use in the quest.

You can't. The dwarf refuses to make another, even if you have everything. And of course, you can't make one yourself. So once it's gone, it's gone.

It's a very old quest, jagex probably doesn't think about things like that much

Maybe, but remember what Jagex said about all of their recent quests? They said all of the quests are leading to another grandmaster quest involving the Mahjarrat. Hazeel is a Mahjarrat, so while they're developing the quest, why not incorporate the Hazeel cult and therefore that icon? Doing that would mean there HAS to be a way to get it back. You could even have those who sided against Hazeel switch sides during the GM quest, so everyone could get it back.

How did people who sided with Lucien get their pendants for WGS? They could do whatever they did for that.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Is there any way to get the bull roarer back? Or those daggers from Legends?

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Is there any way to get the bull roarer back? Or those daggers from Legends?

I think a fairly recent update allows you to reobtain a Bull-roarer in exchange for an Oomlie wrap.

You can't reobtain the dagger.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I think for any items that offer a functional advantage, you should be able to reattain.

For purely cosmetic stuff, I'm less sympathetic.

I read this and immediately thought "I know an old bloke who thinks like this."

Then I read the name and chuckled a bit.

I definitely agree here. I'm pretty disappointed in some of the stuff I can't retrieve. Didn't know I couldn't get the Demonic Sigil back before I threw that out.

How did people who sided with Lucien get their pendants for WGS? They could do whatever they did for that.

Can't you kill some guys that I don't remember the names of?

Good job I kept most things though like silverlight,

ohey Sir Prysin.

anchormansigcomplete.png