Anyone tried out the new mini-game, Camping Armies?

Socc

The concept behind mobilizing armies is fantastic. Using strategy and the triangle to outwit opponents and K.O. them before they get to you. I thought it was a dream come true, stuff like this has always been what I like to play, thinking out my next move, planning on what to do/how to kill someone's units. Tactics, straight up tactics.

Instead of getting to use tactics and think about what to do, we have everyone and their mom camping at their base waiting for others to come and attack them. Most of the time massing up and waiting on a special protected spot.

I never thought there would be a need for camping in Runescape... Oh well, I hope the other modes reduce camping

thoughts?

Socc.png

Socc | 99 Magic | 95/99 Range | 99 Defence | 99 Hitpoints | 96/99 Summoning |Join SODB for some monster Slayin! |

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so you grow some balls and send everything you have at them. Thats been my strategy. Attacking those death dot bums. Ive won about 15 games doing that so far lol

Same for me :P

However, I gave up on the points, since I have all the items, skirt and legs, lol. Now I'm just waiting for a game, and dieing early to get some ranks now :P

Spaz4010.png

Its a tactic. The chompas are there to counteract it, ever drop a few on a death dot? I don't see it as too much of a problem, its not like they're cheating.

For someone who loves strategy you seem to be very hippocritcal about a strategy.

I'm hypocritical about certain strategies, for example, camping. It takes the fun out of it.

Also to the guy that said bum rushing, thats what I've been doing to try and combat the camping

Socc.png

Socc | 99 Magic | 95/99 Range | 99 Defence | 99 Hitpoints | 96/99 Summoning |Join SODB for some monster Slayin! |

For someone who loves strategy you seem to be very hippocritcal about a strategy.

I'm hypocritical about certain strategies, for example, camping. It takes the fun out of it.

Also to the guy that said bum rushing, thats what I've been doing to try and combat the camping

Buy 5 chinchompa bombs. If anyone camps, use all 5 on them. It will severely weaken them.

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

i bum rush...and i take out 1 and 1/2 armies most of the time. but those damn campers get me because ill be weakened. and they always have 5 gliders and send them to attack you instead of their peons

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Well, if you camp your rewards won't be very big. You have to kill others to get reward points don't you? So they're missing out on the rewards by camping. And as said, chinchompas are good against them.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

it's runescape. the intelligent strategists are greatly outnumbered by the huge pile of noobs wanting shiny rewards

That was the first strategy I thought of, my first time playing it. Why rush with all my might when chances are it will lead to my death? The units are similar and it's still very luck based, so by waiting at my base the fight is more in my favor as I can see what's coming and counter it.

it's runescape. the intelligent strategists are greatly outnumbered by the huge pile of noobs wanting shiny rewards

That was the first strategy I thought of, my first time playing it. Why rush with all my might when chances are it will lead to my death? The units are similar and it's still very luck based, so by waiting at my base the fight is more in my favor as I can see what's coming and counter it.

Didn't work on me :D

Buy 5 chinchompa bombs. If anyone camps, use all 5 on them. It will severely weaken them.

No it won't :lol: Barely does any damage, and once units actually start fighting(especially if their on the special spot) that damage becomes irrelevant.

Best strategy that I can think of is to get all of the enemy dd'd, then spam out distractors on their side while you beat the defenseless units to death. Even though winning really seems pointless.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

i don't see anything wrong with just staying at your base. infact, thats the strategy that i use. i jump into battle at the opportune time and destroy em all :thumbsup: and i disagree, i think that there are strategys that you can use. some include: attacking goblins with elves and vice versa, attacking each enemy with two soldiers, and using the specials such as the cannon

GESig.gif

i don't see anything wrong with just staying at your base. infact, thats the strategy that i use. i jump into battle at the opportune time and destroy em all :thumbsup: and i disagree, i think that there are strategys that you can use. some include: attacking goblins with elves and vice versa, attacking each enemy with two soldiers, and using the specials such as the cannon

What if everyone camps?

That's what happened my last game. No one but me made a move, and guess who landed in 3rd place? Me.

It's like Soul Wars: people could switch worlds and hop right in. It's like Castle Wars: people could use high alchemy, or fletch, or whatever. It's like the Trawler: people could do the same as they did in Castle Wars.

It's like almost all the minigames Jagex has released, in this respect. Do nothing and gain everything.

ozXHe7P.png

What if everyone camps?

That's what happened my last game. No one but me made a move, and guess who landed in 3rd place? Me.

It's like Soul Wars: people could switch worlds and hop right in. It's like Castle Wars: people could use high alchemy, or fletch, or whatever. It's like the Trawler: people could do the same as they did in Castle Wars.

It's like almost all the minigames Jagex has released, in this respect. Do nothing and gain everything.

hmmm, not sure i followed you there :? but in the games iv played theres atleast been scouts to kill. plus, you can always use you specials to kill them if you want to. people will play the game how they want to. jagex already made the arena pretty small, its up to the players now. oh and btw, dont think you can fletch or alch in cw and not in trawler either. although, you used to be able to in trawler, not sure about cw :?

GESig.gif

What if everyone camps?

hmmm, not sure i followed you there :? but in the games iv played theres atleast been scouts to kill. plus, you can always use you specials to kill them if you want to. people will play the game how they want to. jagex already made the arena pretty small, its up to the players now. oh and btw, dont think you can fletch or alch in cw and not in trawler either. although, you used to be able to in trawler, not sure about cw :?

I thought I worded it clearly.

Take almost all of Jagex's released minigames: from the start, they have always had the problem with freeloaders. Nothing else to it. Jagex needs to think these things out better, instead of thinking that the players will play honestly in order to win.

Also, you could cast high alchemy, fletch, and so on in Castle Wars before, by the way. You could also stay in the starting room for 20 minutes and still gain a point. Could in this case is the keyword. They fixed it after months upon months of complaints.

I hope they're smarter with Mobilizing Armies and just fix it this week or next week.

edit: Also, you are only given five special items. Five. Have fun stopping camping with only five items when two or more teams do it.

ozXHe7P.png

that or cannons, or both tbh. they both seem to be good on deathdots

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Winning is overrated. More points/hr losing on purpose.

points are overrated. rank is harder to get (and 2 fast losses faster then a win)

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

Winning is overrated. More points/hr losing on purpose.

I agree. For getting the clothes it's best to just try and kill as many people as you can. For rank it's just dieing quickly. Winning doesn't make much of a difference.

wl7w9j.png

The game requires little to no strategy... you can only command one unit at a time, it's free for all, and the units are too similar to each other to require special tactics with certain units

I would say the same thing right now.

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!