Mobilizing Armies: YOUR Veredict

Demoli

It has been 2 days since the release of MA, one of if not the first minigame ni RS to not involve any kind of skill, just strategy and thinking.

So whats your veredict on this minigame?

Here's mine: Even though I miss mage and ranged classes, it's a solid good one, and with the rewards demanding way too much time and effort fr lazy players to exploit, as for the game modes:

Conflict: I hate this one the most, it seems like a who-afk's-the-most-time-until-someone-notice-us contest, as the last one to engage in battle will most likely win. the terrain advantages just aren't good enough. Overall i'd give it a 5/10

Siege: This one involves some strategy, but mostly it's all about fast paced clicking to see who fires most rocks on the least amount of time. However your decision of remaining defensive or all attacking gives it a certain edge, 7/10

Hoard: Even thou it has a nice concept, the mines run out way too early, and when this happens all hells break loose, is everyone for himself, and as it's almost unpredictable the kind of player you'll face against, it will be a semi-luck round, 7/10

Rescue: The best, simply put. It envolves strategy above everything else. You can rescue solely, you can thieve the rescueds from the other contestants, yu can attack them, but then thieving is just the best part. Maneging to highen your number of rescueds while lowering your oponents one its just awesome, 10/10

So, what's your opinion? Good, bad? Post a comment and write your thoughs.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have, so far, only been priveleged to play Conflict. And the waiting periods in the official worlds kill me.

Also, it's verdict (amongst other things). ;)

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Basically:

-Waiting times are too long

-The game doesn't involve nearly enough strategy (bringing heavy troops and waiting for others to fight is the best strategy on every level)

-The rewards aren't good

-It should be much easier to gain rank and get on the highscores.

2496 Completionist

I think it's a great minigame it's just a shame it takes so long to get to any decent rewards.

Although to be fair, we shouldn't expect too much in such little time especially when any level player can play.

put him in jail

Then i'll just wait for him to drop the e-soap

conflict: my 3rd favorite. it is mostly a stall fest but i found that just realizing that it will take super long to win and just playing to maximize your reward, and also your fun. i usualy attack first. 6/10

seige: 2nd favorite, it is alot of clicking but it is better than the camp fest on conflict

hoard: least favorite. i really just dont like this one... it is mindless everyone just runs to the mines and waits

rescue: MY FAVORITE, i love this one. this will be the one that keeps me coming back. it is so involved and actually fun to play. well fun unless you are at 24 then get teamed by 2 of the people. it isn't fun when you have 10 distractions in a row and 20 units stealing from you. it will get you back to square 1 rather fast.

Y_Z.png

Basically:

-Waiting times are too long

-The game doesn't involve nearly enough strategy (bringing heavy troops and waiting for others to fight is the best strategy on every level)

-The rewards aren't good

I find it really boring also. Not a good strategy game in my opinion.

Something.png

Conflict: 4/10

Dumb, pointless, requires little strategy, boring.

Siege: 6/10

Same as above, except you can die a bit quicker to gain ranks.

Horde: 8/10

Fun, easy to win, peaceful, afk'able.

Rescue: 7/10

Boring, annoying, fun when you win.

-The rewards aren't good

let me guess. you hate slayer too right? i mean something that you have to put some time into to get great rewards in the end is lame right? :roll:

Y_Z.png

Conflict: 3/10 (Maybe it's just because I lose every game) As everyone else has said, nothing special here, just wait around and pray your hiding squad doesnt get noticed, and that the last sqaud(s) left are ones you can kill.

Siege: 8/10 fun, although it can get repetitive. Basic strategy is to NOT storm the castle with your guys, and just rely on the catapault. I've won every game I played like that.

Horde:1/10 Not fun, not enough caves, once the caves are gone, everyone just attacks each other. Lame.

Rescue: 7/10 Pretty fun. Just get a bunch of light squads and rescue as many as possible, while sending one or two squads to steal the other tzhaar.

All in all: 4/10. Could have used some team-based modes. Maybe 4 Players vs 4 AI? Different maps would be cool (desert, Island, Jungle, City (Varrock/fally maybe?)) Some in-game weapons would be cool (Ballistae, etc.) Some Ranged units, magic as well. Add a Human class that is sort of Neutral, decent against all opponents. Should have been in development a bit longer. Rather large let-down.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I like MA for many reasons:

- It doesn't involve skills - so no being wiped all over the floor by people with full 99's.

- It is addictive - I want to keep playing more even if I lose

- It gets rid of junk - really REALLY useful

- It usually doesn't take really long for a game (though I only know from conflict atm)

I've only played a little but it's a well done game, obviously not perfect, but brilliant all the same.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

so far ive only played conflict.

ill give it a 5/10 as theres little stratergy, i hoped the game would be a little different like you build your own units at the start of the game ect...

but still it is a little fun and it get rid of lots of useless junk.

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

I'm not playing it anymore, rewards seem to be crap and the games take too long.
Sums up my thoughts. I was going to go for a imbued dragonstone ring but I thought I could get it with a rank of 100. Anything more than that, no thank you.

-The rewards aren't good

let me guess. you hate slayer too right? i mean something that you have to put some time into to get great rewards in the end is lame right? :roll:

Quite a poor analogy, as you're only looking at the rewards aspect.

With slayer some form of combat is inherent; the main focus of the game. Every task you can receive six different sorts of experience, HP, attack, defense, strength, summoning, and slayer. This is probably the most predominant focus of slayer - experience - it pays for itself without drops. In addition you also fight a myriad of different creatures with bonuses such a the slayer's mask further increasing your experience. As a final reward for your effort you are able to receive drops with high monetary value. In MA, you play the same game over again with the same tactics used each time. Every now and then you'll play the above average 'scaper who is able to manipulate your formations, specials, and the field to their advantage. But is winning really worth it? In the time it takes to win, you could have lost two battle resulting in a gain of two ranks. The loss here are the points earned. But what do they buy you? Horrible armor that will saturate Runescape within a day? A gold ring that has little to no use for the average player? Can you honestly tell me you're going to spend all these hours spent against infuriating campers or use unavailing tactics to get a rank of 200 or more just for the rewards? The game may be fun for some but I find the design and release too flawed for my use. There are far too many variables that Jagex left untapped and untouched.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

kk "MA" lol i laugh at this short name of the game because it means mom in my language, anyways this mini game imo is my fav (second is soul war luv it pc is not gud anymore)

although i would like more type of squads and special units, just a little expanding on its parts of contents, personally i haven played horde yet ( the game wont let me in, i think it hates me :wall: :wall: ). Conflict is rather annoying freaking campers i would give this a 6/10. Oh talk about seige and rescue my fav of them 4 i love both these scenarios, fun to play and no freaking campers =D> 10/10 on these 2

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

Here's my verdict:

Conflict - 4/10 - A tutorial at best, it really takes minimal strategy to defeat any opponent. Having two death dots and placing them on special terrain pretty much makes you invincible. Yes, some of you might say you can counter this, but most others cannot.

Siege - 6/10 - Too much micromanagement, but besides that it's pretty fun. If units that collected rocks continued to collect rocks after dropping, then the player versus player aspect could be done without failing to keep your catapult at maximum usage.

Hoard - 8/10 - My personal favorite, simply because it's where the 'distractor' special unit is best played. This is one mode where every special unit can be of serious use though, and with a quick start and simple strategies I am able to defeat my opponents before they get 60,000 gold in their ships.

Rescue - 8/10 - A good game, but I feel the map is too small. A larger map (with the same about of TzHaar spawns) would cause thieving to be more of a challenge and require strategy to do. As of now just sending a few quick units when you're five TzHaar from winning ends the game.

Overall Minigame - 7/10 - As from what I can tell of the rewards, the very high levels one will be quite good, which is why I'm saving all my reward funds. As JaGex said, they can either improve on what they have or try something new and go with it, and this wasn't a bad first try, considering they had to flex with a completely different camera and your ability to control more than one person/unit. Ideally their next Minigame based off this type will be much better.

Picture3-1-1-1.jpg

Belongs in funorb

No, we value high quality games over at funorb, not programming projects.

I can count the amount of high quality funorb games on one hand

Well I can't do it even on two hands, so I think you just need to try a few more. ^_^

-The rewards aren't good

Well I have a higher slayer level than you and it is one of my favorite skills so I think you missed the ball on that one.

In my opinion, MA really only has two attractive features:

-Levels don't matter at all (although cash does, so newbs will still lose)

-It gets rid of junk (although they could have made far more enjoyable pieces of content that do the same thing)

And the minuses:

-It takes hundreds of hours to get on the highscores. Getting level 30 in a skill takes only a few hours if not less. Getting 250 bounty hunter points of either kind is still faster. Getting rank 500 on FoG takes very little time comparatively.

-The rewards are next to useless. If you don't agree, I can debate this.

-There is no strategy involved at all, although it markets itself as a strategy game.

-The release was badly botched, with long waiting times and game-breaking glitches that left some players missing items and everyone wondering where the other 3 scenarios went.

2496 Completionist

well it now seems that if you are winning in rescue that as soon as you get above 20 you get teamed by 2 or more ppl. they don't rescue any, oh no, they just steal all of yours along with the other team. it is quite pathetic that in order to win you have to wait 5 minutes to start actually playing or else you will end up 20 min later with 2 units and an empty loader.

Y_Z.png

MA easily gets a 2/10 from me. I have played quite a substantial amount, and I have determined that it is by far the worst RTS I have ever played. The game itself is awful, the various interfaces make combat a chore and moving units a hassle. The rewards themselves are rather good and I do look forward to attaining them, but I do wish more had gone into this game.Far more.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

Bad rewards, bad gameplay,long waits, good concept however.

honestly 3/10

bad rewards? okay w/e i will wear my oynx ring with pride and +6 in all stats. not to mention my tool that i can use to tele to rune rocks. that will come in handy too. and also who is to say how good the soils get at the highest level

Y_Z.png

Bad rewards, bad gameplay,long waits, good concept however.

honestly 3/10

bad rewards? okay w/e i will wear my oynx ring with pride and +6 in all stats. not to mention my tool that i can use to tele to rune rocks. that will come in handy too. and also who is to say how good the soils get at the highest level

Uh huh. In the time it takes you to get a rank of 200 I could have made twenty million. A ring with +6 in most stats isn't worth 20m in my opinion. People rarely switch weapon styles, slash being the most common. The Warrior Ring gives +4 and you see how low the price is.
hopesolopatriot.jpg