Main reason why teenagers shouldn't get tattoos

Faux

The only tatoo I would ever consider getting is a quote from Goethe, but I don't know where exactly I would put it. It goes, "Wer fremde Sprachen nicht kennt, weiß nichts von seiner eigenen", which translates to "Whoever does not know foreign languages, knows nothing about their own".

I think it'd be pretty nice because I'm considering becoming a linguist for the navy or something. Not to mention, I think the quote is very true; I've learned way too many elements of English from contrast to Latin and German that's improved my writing style. I really excel at learning languages, so I'd really like to have this tatooed somewhere.

Only thing I'd be afraid of is the artist tatooing it wrong because he doesn't speak the language, that would pretty much ruin my life :wall:

This is my original signature. You can't touch this.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only tatoo I would ever consider getting is a quote from Goethe, but I don't know where exactly I would put it. It goes, "Wer fremde Sprachen nicht kennt, weiß nichts von seiner eigenen", which translates to "Whoever does not know foreign languages, knows nothing about their own".

I think it'd be pretty nice because I'm considering becoming a linguist for the navy or something. Not to mention, I think the quote is very true; I've learned way too many elements of English from contrast to Latin and German that's improved my writing style. I really excel at learning languages, so I'd really like to have this tatooed somewhere.

Only thing I'd be afraid of is the artist tatooing it wrong because he doesn't speak the language, that would pretty much ruin my life :wall:

I think you pretty much did that yourself, since you can't spell tattoo :lol:

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying

Personally I've been considering getting a tattoo. I was thinking either my bicep or forearm. I would personally pay for a higher end artist, as my belief is that quality is superior to quantity. I believe that I would like a tattoo with something that would remind me of home, when I leave for college this fall (if all goes as planned). I was thinking barbed wire, but nowadays anything that you can think of can become a tattoo, so I'll take my time and probably even get a wash-away one of the design I choose first. Best to be sure about what you want before pursuing it. ::'

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Tattoos, when well done, are amazing. The problem is that there is no way of having a guarantee that it will look good. I know someone who had an awesome design done by a very reputable artist, and he hated it. He now has to spend almost $2500 Canadian to get his arm looking the way it used to.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Tattoos, when well done, are amazing. The problem is that there is no way of having a guarantee that it will look good. I know someone who had an awesome design done by a very reputable artist, and he hated it. He now has to spend almost $2500 Canadian to get his arm looking the way it used to.

What was the tattoo of?

This is kinda scary because I was thinking of getting a tattoo. But, I'm not getting anything complex like angel wings. I'll probably get like the Chinese symbol for Friendship, loyal, or optimistic.

mr__drunko.png

If the police arrest a mime do they tell him he has the right to remain silent?

I'll probably get like the Chinese symbol for Friendship, loyal, or optimistic.

One of the most common tattoos ever.

Dont get it.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I'll probably get like the Chinese symbol for Friendship, loyal, or optimistic.

One of the most common tattoos ever.

Dont get it.

There are over 6.8 billion people in the world some peoples tattoos are going to be the same, you can't tell people what you to get or not get cos it is there body after all, you can adivse them what will look good and what won't but it's not your place to tell them what to do.

Saying that, I hate chinese symbols cos what is the point? They don't really mean anything, what you have on your arm and what it actually means could be two totaly different things, they just look like a tiny tribal tattoo and a stunning amount of people have them ( I even know a girl, this is 100% true, who has the chinese symbol of earth tattooed on her arm).

Like I said though it is your body and you can do what you like with it.

For people who are saying they would pay extra for a good job, price isn't everything. Kat von d is an amazing tattoo artist and she said the last thing you should consider before getting a tattoo anywere is there price. Just look at the pics they have done rather than the things they have printed out that you can have tattooed on you.

Them pics of peoples tattoo's arn't there for you to have there there so you can see how good they are, so you have more confidence in the shop.

perfetc_666.png

I'm 19 (plenty old enough to get a tattoo) and have been wanting one or more since I was 13 or so. I just can't seem to make a decision right now. I have my own money, live with my partner and can pay my own way... I resent when people say "teenagers shouldn't get them" when we're not all kiddies living with their parents and getting an allowance.

I love tatts... I have several ideas but it's placement and the order in which I get them that's my problem. The one I'd probably get first though, the one that means the most to me, would most likely be horribly misconstrued by anyone who saw it...

I really dislike when people get tattoos of butterflies, stars, dolphins, chinese symbols (if you're not chinese), cats, dogs, angel wings and religious symbols. They're disgustingly cliched. Sure with 6-7 billion people in the world there's bound to be some duplication but with stars, it seems everyone has one. My partner's sister has two separate star tatts and to be honest if you looked at them without her face in a picture, it could be anyone with them. No originality whatsoever (but I guess that's her personality anyway.)

Where I live, it's fairly easy to get tattoos done underage. If you go around closing time and are prepared to pay more, you'll get it done. It's so stupid though... They do it quickly and badly, and you really don't have much room to complain because it's 100% your fault.

Partially OT: Anyone else hear of that girl who "fell asleep" (bs!) during a tatt session? She was meant to get 3 small stars on her face - stupid anyway - while her dad waited outside, but she ended up getting them literally all over her face.

http://nonrhotic.wordpress.com/2009/06/ ... -to-blame/

http://news.softpedia.com/newsImage/Gir ... ace-2.jpg/

She was awake and looked into the mirror several times as the procedure was taking place. The trouble all started when she went home and her father and boyfriend threw a fit. They are saying things now like I doped her or hypnotized her. What rubbish! She asked for 56 stars and thats what she got. The tattoo artist said...

Now that's stupidity! #-o =D>

:lol: Make up any body?

Tat removal hurts a hell of alot more than the actual tattoo.

If you knew you wanted a tattoo since you were 13 why didn't get a 100% idea in your head ? Thats what I have done and so far I am carrying it out.

perfetc_666.png

If you knew you wanted a tattoo since you were 13 why didn't get a 100% idea in your head ? Thats what I have done and so far I am carrying it out.

My ideas of what I wanted have changed since I was 13, which has made me nervous of changing more as I get older. My partner's 24, has always wanted them and doesn't have any for the same reason. The main one I want now I've wanted for about six months. I'm waiting another six months before carrying it out... After getting henna tatts of it beforehand to see if I like the placement haha =]

I'm just cautious about anything that'll stay with me for life. I've never cared about my piercings (apart from the fact that I am allergic to most metals) or where I get them because I can always take them out if I don't like them with no reprecussions... Tatts are different so I'm being careful and [kitty] about it :D

I knew some body like that then after there 1st tattoo they got another 4 in quick succession :lol:

They are addictive, I know I am :oops: :thumbsup:

I have a very common tattoo, a tribal sleeve (unfinished atm) but I didn't get it to stand out or whatever I got it cos I like it and most of mine is all free hand so it's VERY unlikly some body is going to have the exact same as me.

I am having a full back piece, full right sleeve, memorial tattoo's on my left ribs and 1 on my right calf, possably more after that.

My tattoo doesn't mean a damn thing and non of them (except my memorial tattoo's) will, I want people to look at my tatts and think there nice or whatever not to look at them and know everything about me. Theres also the morbid reason that people will be able to I.D me if I end up getting murdered :lol:

I know I had a small rant about female tattoo's before but It is most girl's seem to get, 5 or 6 tattoos all of the same things and about the same size as a postage stamp. More girls should be like kat von d! <3:

perfetc_666.png

Answering on my own since I'm in a similar situation... I know what I want. Have known for a long time however I can not finalise the design for it...

It's rather irksome trying to work with a full back piece... 4 astrology/zodiac (1 for each family member); and 2 symbolizing my heritage (Australian & Hungarian).

yay?

Answering on my own since I'm in a similar situation... I know what I want. Have known for a long time however I can not finalise the design for it...

It's rather irksome trying to work with a full back piece... 4 astrology/zodiac (1 for each family member); and 2 symbolizing my heritage (Australian & Hungarian).

yay?

Then instead of having this massive back piece with all these parts in, just break them all up and have them on different parts of your body.

Or draw your body shape out on A4 and draw the symbols on it then find some way to join them all up.

perfetc_666.png

yay?

Please no Joseph Fritzl jokes, it would be very poor taste

vivimancer.png

I got my first tatoo on my 18th birthday and my second six months later... I've made about £30-40k working whilst studying for my As/Btec national over the past three years and i used one of the best tatooists available. He free-hands everything and the quality is amazing...

People could stop being lazy, whiney teens that give hard workers their age a bad stigma.

How's a tattoo damaging your body?

A tattoo is a scar with ink in it.

What's wrong with that? As long as you make sure it doesn't infect and avoid the other risks, you're good. Don't ask me why I don't start cutting my arm to get cool scars, scars aren't cool.

And by the way, to post an image, go to http://tinypic.com/ , choose your file, hit "upload now!" and copy the text in the second yellow box, and paste it in your post.

It's called scarification, and some of the scarring artists out there are really good http://www.scarabbodyarts.com/pictures/cutting.jpg http://www.bmezine.com/scar/bme-scar.html

One of the old guard of RS.

RS birthday = Feb - 27 - 2002

Proud member of the original forum.

tip.it delivers! Worst tattoo ever.

Just 1 pic? How about an entire website full :lol:

http://www.asylum.com/gallery/ink-that-stinks/481212/

Some of those "bad" tats are quite good ... one persons opinion means nothing, if the owner of the tat likes it.

One of the old guard of RS.

RS birthday = Feb - 27 - 2002

Proud member of the original forum.