Real-life Blog forum?

Heya,

I've been thinking about this for awhile, and finally decided to post my thoughts. I'm an avid blogger, and I'd love it if we could have a real life blog forum. I do have a blog in Blogscape (RS goals and such) and most of the time I tend to blog about Real life, and sometimes I may get yelled at from time to time from doing so. I work a lot, and do a lot of fun things, but I really can't share it with a lot of people because I'd hate to turn my RS blog into a RL blog.

So if you can consider it, that'd be great!

Thanks,

Th3 Crusader

258uo8n.jpg

As far as I know, you should be fine to post a blog in Off Topic. I really don't know if a new forum for that would be necessary.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

As far as I know, you should be fine to post a blog in Off Topic. I really don't know if a new forum for that would be necessary.

Yeah, I don't think there is enough of a demand for a new forum to justify it being created. Who knows though, if people have the forum they may use it.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I don't really feel there's much demand for it, especially when there are so many blogging sites for the same purpose. If I were to blog about RL issues I'd use one of them and link to it in my signature. :?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

A RL blog on a Runescape fansite? While there are a lot of free blogging services already? I don't see why it would have a purpose here...

You could say that about a forum for music, movies and TV, but we have that too.

A RL blog subforum of Off-Topic would be fine, but I don't think that many people would use it. Heck, just post it in Off-Topic if the mods are okay with it.

It'd be cool if their were a blogging subforum, but I agree that it really wouldn't have much of a spot on this site, and there are tons of other sites for that kind of thing. Though I could see why you would want to post it here, someone would actually look at it. All my blogs have bombed because nobody seems to read it.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

2 already, looks like i'm going to push for a subforum if I see a few more.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

The demand seems to not exist because the opportunity doesn't exist. I'm sure if you made a forum, a lot more people would feel obliged to make one. (Some for the sake of being the first few to post in that forum.) I didn't know you were allowed to do this, neither did Crusader since he asked for permission first, and I'm sure a lot of others weren't aware either. So it's not like people knew it was allowed this whole time.

As for people being rude, nobody would be rude if there was a specific forum for it. So right now, while there isn't a forum, of course people would be too afraid to post one out of fear of being flamed - that doesn't mean the demand is low though, just that people are too afraid to show that there is a demand. If we do get a forum for it, we'll probably see a lot more bloggers.

Blogscape is famous as hell, so I'd think an OT version would be too. Just look at the success of the Today Thread. TIFers like posting about the trivial stuff they do. Besides, I think TIF is due for a new forum anyways.

The demand seems to not exist because the opportunity doesn't exist. I'm sure if you made a forum, a lot more people would feel obliged to make one. (Some for the sake of being the first few to post in that forum.) I didn't know you were allowed to do this, neither did Crusader since he asked for permission first, and I'm sure a lot of others weren't aware either. So it's not like people knew it was allowed this whole time.

As for people being rude, nobody would be rude if there was a specific forum for it. So right now, while there isn't a forum, of course people would be too afraid to post one out of fear of being flamed - that doesn't mean the demand is low though, just that people are too afraid to show that there is a demand. If we do get a forum for it, we'll probably see a lot more bloggers.

Blogscape is famous as hell, so I'd think an OT version would be too. Just look at the success of the Today Thread. TIFers like posting about the trivial stuff they do. Besides, I think TIF is due for a new forum anyways.

You have a good point there.

And really I'm sure half the community doesn't check Off-topic, so maybe if there was an announcement of some sort, it would attract attention and maybe may begin to grow rapidly, if others do it. Just like Blogscape.

258uo8n.jpg

For the sake of OT either give blogs another forum (preferably not a sub of OT) or just ban them outright. If this doesn't get nipped in the bud now we will be swarmed with tons of kids spamming up the forum.

EDIT: I've heard of one of the forums here called blogscape, why aren't all blogs just delegated there? If you want to keep RL separate from RS, just make a RL subforum of it. That way all the blogs are out of the way.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

For the sake of OT either give blogs another forum (preferably not a sub of OT) or just ban them outright. If this doesn't get nipped in the bud now we will be swarmed with tons of kids spamming up the forum.

EDIT: I've heard of one of the forums here called blogscape, why aren't all blogs just delegated there? If you want to keep RL separate from RS, just make a RL subforum of it. That way all the blogs are out of the way.

Agreed. I'll be honest and say I'm not interested in some kids life, so it would suck having to see a bunch of blogs in OT, even if it was in a sub forum of OT. I would rather them be banned outright but you could always do a sub forum of that blogscape thing, like indy said. At least there it is out of sight.

Really though, wordpress.com... probably a better idea.

blogscape isn't your model idea for a successful forum, it's rampant elitism has annoyed me for ages.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Wordpress? LiveJournal ftw! Lawl.

If the blogs have been treated so badly in Off-Topic by such a vast majority, then it is only logical to not put any type of blogging forum in Off-Topic. The only blogs I'd assume people in OT would actually read, would be if the person blogging led some interesting life (like travelling an entire year), or following someone behind the scenes in the entertainment business or something, with good quality videos/pictures and such. Anything else is just going to be annoying or not peaking anyones interests or peaking too little of peoples interests for them to care.

That and since everyone in Off-Topic has an IQ of 160, they feel superior to blogs and thus dismiss them as children's toys. Good luck encouraging the love.

I don't think there is a place on these forums for blogs specifically. However if some kind of forum that existed so that you could post real life 'things' or 'happenings' then blogs could fit into that forum. However this real life forum couldn't intrude on what Off-Topic is, but still manage to encompass a large variety of real life 'things' for an interest or whatever to be present.

So it wouldn't just be blogs or anything. Like that Need a GF/BF topic could be moved there, dating advice, real life help, questions on educational professions to get into, breaking news that really isn't that important...etc, you know basically everything the OT regulars have grown to hate, could be grouped together in one sub-forum, as itacts as its own filth dispo-...cleansing of 'unappealing' topics in the OT forum.

I'd like to point out that many people start a RS blog because they have some goal they want to reach, and decide that they make a blog to document their journey.

Now for RuneScape, updates happen practically every month, most of the content game changing. It is generally interesting to see these people react to the different game content, some creative, some not.

However, in real life, we don't get a big dungeon to fight in every month, so what do we do? Post stories of your unimaginably uninteresting life.

I'm not saying it's bad, but unless everyone starts lightening up (Seriously, the first page on hawkz' was mostly criticism of blogging), the idea will most likely be rejected.

For everything else, use a blogging site or "Today". I don't think people would want to read a full subforum of topics with majority of them being "Hey guys, I did [this] today!"

blogscape isn't your model idea for a successful forum, it's rampant elitism has annoyed me for ages.

And OT isn't elitist? :lol:

I don't think people would want to read a full subforum of topics with majority of them being "Hey guys, I did [this] today!"

But they wouldn't have to. I have no problem with a subforum, because you can always choose not to visit it. People go to OT for a lot more reasons than reading up on the lives of others though. Many go for debates or finding out what's happening in other parts of the world.

So there's 2 blogs now, and I suppose they are popular because they are the only ones around. If a sub-forum is created people will feel obliged to make one like Zierro mentioned. But if everyone had a blog, no one would read through every blog and then people will be fighting to be top of page 1 just like in Blogscape.

But I suppose Real life could be more interesting then Runescape. But I really don't think anyone's life on here is that exciting to really grab my attention. Prove me wrong.

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

So there's 2 blogs now, and I suppose they are popular because they are the only ones around. If a sub-forum is created people will feel obliged to make one like Zierro mentioned. But if everyone had a blog, no one would read through every blog and then people will be fighting to be top of page 1 just like in Blogscape.

But I suppose Real life could be more interesting then Runescape. But I really don't think anyone's life on here is that exciting to really grab my attention. Prove me wrong.

I'd do one on stupid stuff that happens at Tafe, which is like every day I go.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I think you could easily add a sub forum to OT for Real Life (I had a good idea for a name earlier but now it's gone). Put all the 'Post pics of your life/you/pets/computer' threads and the relationship thread as stickies in the new sub forum and have a new sticky detailing blogging rules.

I always see these sorts of suggestions shot down because of the 'if we see a want, we'll add it' view. Most times people don't read Forum updates & suggestions and they don't know anything about what's going on. I remember this happened a while back with a suggestion for a mobile forum skin. I think a lot of people would use it if it were implemented, just not enough people know it was suggested. I know many frequent OT so maybe this suggestion will be the one that makes it.

why not just make an IRL blogs forum as a trial, and ifit works out just keep it? i havent had much experience in the past with things like this, but it shouldnt be too hard to create one, right? if there was one i would probably use it

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Thats the exact reason I've not made a blog. If there was an rl Blogscape of sorts, I would definitely make a blog. As I'm sure many others would.

Maybe make a petition\list of users who would make a blog if there was a forum?

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Thats the exact reason I've not made a blog. If there was an rl Blogscape of sorts, I would definitely make a blog. As I'm sure many others would.

Maybe make a petition\list of users who would make a blog if there was a forum?

I don't see what is preventing you from making a blog right now. The same user's who read off topic will read the blogs, so I don't see a difference. The mroe blogs there are, the more likely the subforum will be created.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!