"If you're ever in ___, you absolutely HAVE to ___ ___!"

Lenticular_J

I thought this would be fun. We all have those things about our homes that are just way [bleep]ing better than anything else, and we're always the experts at them. So, I thought, why not have everyone post a few things that are just tops about their hometown (or a town they consider their home)? Something to remember when we're all rich and teleporting around the universe as well, my friends.

"If you're ever in Amarillo, you absolutely HAVE to watch the summer thunderstorms!"

The Texas Panhandle is the southernmost point of North America's Tornado Alley. Amarillo is the largest city in this massive region which, in early spring and late summer, can be pounded by hail and tornado-producing thunderstorms daily! I'm not saying go chasing tornadoes - if you've never even seen one, you're likely to get killed. But one thing every person has to see in their life (in my opinion) is the epic clash of energies that takes place in the towering cumulonimbus above the empty plains. Occasionally a lucky watcher can get a real "thunder" storm - nearly continuous lightning that flashes amongst the storm clouds, yet never touches the ground (whew!). Seriously guys, these storms are the bee's knees. They're the wasp's nipples. They are easily every erogenous zone on every winged insect in the Western Hemisphere! Ch-ch-ch-check 'em out.

[hide=]shelf.jpg[/hide]

"If you're ever in Amarillo, you absolutely HAVE to pay a visit to Donut Stop!"

Doughnuts - the bane of diets. So delicious, whether frosted with delicious glazes or even covered in sugar - but nobody comes close to making them like Donut Stop does. There are eight locations in the entire world (seven in Amarillo and one in Canyon, TX), only employing around 70 people, yet this bakery is the Panhandle's best-kept secret. Despite striking awe into the stomachs of any outsider fortunate enough to stumble upon these lovely creations, hardly anybody outside of the Panhandle knows Donut Stop exists. Why? Because Krispy Kream has been kept out of business in Amarillo for decades, and they've held a grudge, threatening the peoples' free speech and right to free* donuts!

*Well, not free, but very fairly priced.

[hide=][yt]k75UAZ72ms0[/yt][/hide]

Beware of imitators.

Oh yeah, Lateralus reminded me. "If you're ever in Lubbock, you absolutely HAVE to leave. Seriously. While you still can."

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate my hometown. If you're ever in Livingston, you absolutely have to escape.

Damn you. Exactly what I was about to post, but not Livingston.

I hate my hometown. If you're ever in Livingston, you absolutely have to escape.

Damn you. Exactly what I was about to post, but not Livingston.

You mean Bartlesville, Oklahoma.

Ohhh Thunderstorms, I wish we had them more often around here. There was a pretty big one not too long ago, and it was one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

I can't really tell you where you should go in my state, as I've never been to anywhere noteworthy. :lol:

mbqyk3.gif

I hate where I live now, but I used to live in Orlando. If you're ever in Orlando, you have to see La Nouba, the only Cirque Du Soleil resident show not in Las Vegas :D . *has been on stage there*

wl7w9j.png

If you're in Rome, you HAVE to do as the Romans do.

Hahahaha.

Anyways, if you're Tokyo, you HAVE to try the ramen. You'll never be able to eat instant ramen again.

If you're ever in the Bay Area in California, send me a PM. I can give you a tour. ::'

mssigqc5.jpgI do English to Japanese and Japanese to English translation for free! Just keep it under 5 sentences, and PM me to use my fluency in Japanese to your advantage!

If you're ever in South Australia, you absolutely have to buy a ticket to Queensland.

'cause that's the Australia you want, unless you like bogans.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

"If you're ever in Dublin, you absolutely Have to see Phoenix park!" It's the biggest enclosed park within a city in Western Europe, it's pretty cool to walk through for a couple of hours.

"If you're ever in Dublin, you absolutely Have to see a Gaelic game". Whether it's a U12's game all the way up to a inter-county seniors game, they're all great to watch, and as it's unprofessional it's all down to passion to win.

. If you can, try to see a game in Croke park, the stadium is amazing and has so much history to it.

"If you're ever in Amarillo, you absolutely HAVE to watch the summer thunderstorms!"

The Texas Panhandle is the southernmost point of North America's Tornado Alley. Amarillo is the largest city in this massive region which, in early spring and late summer, can be pounded by hail and tornado-producing thunderstorms daily! I'm not saying go chasing tornadoes - if you've never even seen one, you're likely to get killed. But one thing every person has to see in their life (in my opinion) is the epic clash of energies that takes place in the towering cumulonimbus above the empty plains. Occasionally a lucky watcher can get a real "thunder" storm - nearly continuous lightning that flashes amongst the storm clouds, yet never touches the ground (whew!).

That sounds awesome. There's something about the fury of natural events that I find appealing. I can't really put my finger on it, but that's just something I'd love to see.

Anyway, If you're ever in SE Queensland, check out some of the sand islands in Moreton Bay - North Stradbroke and Moreton Island particularly.

If you're ever in Bolton, you absolutely have to... erm... go to McDonalds? (I do anyway)

There's nothing special about Bolton at all (and I'm not narrowing down where I live further, if it was where I live you'd absolutely have to go to ASDA. That's about it :wall:

If you're ever in Manchester you have to go on the big wheel.

wheel_moving_300x350.jpg

It's a really nice thing to go on, you can see Manchester for miles. It looks like it's going fast but it's not :lol:

If you're ever in Manchester you have to go to Picadilly gardens. (and run in the fountains!)

5214_1084897883974_1272190493_30205498_2887619_n.jpg

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

If you're ever in DC, find something that isn't a landmark and doesn't make you look like a tourist. But good luck with that.

If you're ever in DC, and decide to forego my previous advice, don't contact any family here. Whatever you're about to go see, we've seen it. 50 times. Yes, even that.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

If you're ever in Portsmouth, you have to leave. There's nothing around here except a few ships.

This. But if you're ever in Southeastern Virginia, you should probably see some of the historical stuff if that interests you. And go to some of the restaurants around here, some of them are really good.

If you're ever in Austin, Texas find a little mexican restaurant called Chuy's. They had the biggest burritos I've ever seen. And eat Bluebell ice cream. That stuff is amazing.

If you're ever in DC, listen to Lenin.

If you're ever in Hawaii, try to attend a real, authentic Luau.

And if you're ever anywhere where there's a hurricane going on, go out in the eye of the storm. Don't take too long to get back inside though.

Amaranth_GTO.png

If you're ever on Long Island, you absolutley have to go to New York City a few miles West, do all the fun stuff there is to do there for a few weeks, and then leave because there is absolutely nothing to do in this state outside of the city.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.