Upcoming Runescape Movie?

123neopet

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was a film about...Like Zamoraks rise to immortality...Or something we don't know much about yet then it could be pretty cool.

I'd like a film about Zamorak tbh. Start with him being a loyal Zaros warrior and eventually ending in the defeat of Zaros. Guest appearances from Saradomin and guthix :lol: 8-)

Zerker_jane.png

Don't be so negative guys, I could see a Runescape movie, but only if they didn't release it under the name of "Runescape: The Movie". They could use a use a quest series (such as the underground pass series). It could be like all those Hasbro movies coming out this summer, Hasbro get lots of money and the movie just uses a more famous title to launch they're movie, like G.I Joe, that movie could have been "ACTION EXTREME OH MY GOD!!!" But instead they use the title "G.I Joe to gain publicity.

Oh and Christopher Lee has to play the evil person, I think thats like a law in England.

But franchises like G.I. Joe, Transformers, and others I can't think of, have had long histories of being successful TV shows and, occasionally, movies. Runescape doesn't.

I think you forgot to mention how much franchise movies suck. Transformers was cool (any movie with bigarse robots blowing eachother up is awesome) but just because it looks pretty doesn't make it good. There IS a difference between "cool" and "good". I loved transformers, but it sucked. I have no doubt that GI Joe will be any different. You can slap a brand name on anything, put some cool 'splosions and just add water. BAM instant blockbuster. But movies like that, although cool, are never really that good.

They'll make money, and we'll be feeding the fire.

I still don't ever want to see Runescape become anything away from the internet. Perhaps an internet flash movie is in order (but would it really be any different from the cinnimatics ingame?)

I never said they were any good. But, because of past successes AS movies or televised programs, studios, and cinemas, are willing to use the franchises and than show the film.

Runescape, though, is a relatively unknown, internet-based game. The only games that get movies, or for that matter Television programs, are hugely popular. Like the Mario Bros., Final Fantasy, Halo, or the Legend of Zelda. Heck, WoW has a fairly good chance at getting a movie made based on the events within. Runescape doesn't.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

imo, a runescape movie wudn't be too bad. i mean, the only downside i'd say is that a lot of the runescape population is already embarassed to tell their friends they play runescape, let alone be seen walking into a movie theater to watch a runescape movie. but then again, its NOT necessarilly gonna be a movie. they could just be making a runescape ad and then showing it in movie theater previews and such.

lucario.jpg

2w30t2a.png

beethovens29.png

Personally, I don't see how a RuneScape film will ever be appealing. However, I think an animated series would fare much better.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

Problem is I think it will have no appeal to anyone outside of the Runescape community.
Some of which, like me, who will refuse to see it on principle. And many of which are preteen and younger and will have to get their parents to take them.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not usually one to bump up older topics but this thread just got epic proof:

13) J 36 asks;

I have seen many people ask about a film or cartoon version of RuneScape but not seen any answers, is this something that you have thought of.

Yes, indeed, we are talking to a number of people about doing a film of some of our games. I expect this would be a full feature film rather than some sort of cartoon.

What do you think the movie will be like?

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

13) J 36 asks;

I have seen many people ask about a film or cartoon version of RuneScape but not seen any answers, is this something that you have thought of.

Yes, indeed, we are talking to a number of people about doing a film of some of our games. I expect this would be a full feature film rather than some sort of cartoon.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Well, they could call it Runescape: Thanks for getting outdoors and off the computer! The money you payed to see this movie will go towards [bleep]ing up PvP!

disturbeda.png

I've Lol'd alot reading all these posts in this topic.. :lol:

But yeah, I personally think it will be bad... I might watch about the first 10 minutes of it when its avalible to watch on the internet, but i wouldn't be ancitipating the release date at all.

dzuz3d.jpg

lol I could see Nicolas Cage doing a Treasure Trail.

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

What in the hell would the storyline be? :thumbdown:

the stereotyped f2p (the ones many players tend to bash, not talking about some f2p community who are mature and respected) invades p2p and it becomes an epic battle over the godswords, which have been reduced to 1 each

Can the ancients hold back the tides of the swarms of the level 3s? the want their free 1k and their out with a bad attitude!

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

Guys, don't be stupid, of course they could come up with a story. The Mahjarrat story could translate really well, like show when they arrived in RuneScape perhaps? And the original ritual?

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

What in the hell would the storyline be? :thumbdown:

the stereotyped f2p (the ones many players tend to bash, not talking about some f2p community who are mature and respected) invades p2p and it becomes an epic battle over the godswords, which have been reduced to 1 each

Can the ancients hold back the tides of the swarms of the level 3s? the want their free 1k and their out with a bad attitude!

I'd pay a nickel to see it.

farmpixel.pngfishpixel.pngwcpixel.pngtheivepixel.png

Click the pictures for my Blog

I'd go see it. Hell, just try and stop me! The storyline possibilities are almost endless! I'd love to see a RuneScape movie about the Mahjarrat, or perhaps the elven storyline.

ezegyc.png

That's why you're on the TZDF blackdawn. Even your balls can tear zombies to shreds.