Hegemony-V2 begins page 302

fastortoise

Has anybody claimed France? I could do with it, i just have water, a dead whale filled with christmas ham and a norweigian lion atm

You can't claim another country if you already have one. You could try conquering it eventually, but considering somalia is one of the poorest and most corrupt countries in the world (you were somalia, right?) and france is one of the worlds superpowers, I doubt you'd win.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wisp

• Nero

• Seraphi

• archimage_a

Has anybody claimed France? I could do with it, i just have water, a dead whale filled with christmas ham and a norweigian lion atm

You can't claim another country if you already have one. You could try conquering it eventually, but considering somalia is one of the poorest and most corrupt countries in the world (you were somalia, right?) and france is one of the worlds superpowers, I doubt you'd win.

Im the bit of water surrounding somalia. Can i abandon it? ;o

dczlnn.pngUSPPEP8.pngdczlnn.png

Speaking of our military, this would be a good time to describe our armaments.

Manpower available for military service:

males age 16-49: 1,717,362

females age 16-49: 1,636,574 (2008 est.)

378 fighter fixed-wing aircraft

203 other fixed-wing aircraft

83 attack helicopters

86 other helicopters

Military expenditures - dollar figure: $9.11 billion

Navy is too long so:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_navy

This will improve as I work more with China!

Yep, us Chinese have some nice military power

[hide=China's military numbers; I'll just post it here again for easier reference for all of us]Military age 1849 (compulsory de jure; voluntary de facto)

Conscription None

Available for military service 602,831,241 males, age 1649 (2008 est.), 354,314,328 females, age 1649 (2008 est.)

Fit for military service 313,321,639 males, age 1649 (2008 est.), 295,951,438 females, age 1649 (2008 est.)

Reaching military age annually 10,760,380 males (2008 est.), 9,710,032 females (2008 est.)

Active personnel 2,250,000[2] (ranked 1st)

Reserve personnel 800,000[2]

Deployed personnel Overseas: None[2]

Paramilitary: 3,969,000[2]

Total: 7,024,000[2] (ranked 3rd)[/hide]

I don't think this game should be based on the country's standing in the world today, that would just make it unfair to people who join later in the game.

It should be based on the changes you make to your country in order to make it better.

You can better your country, but where countries are in the real world is the basis of the game. For example, argentina in the real world is not a superpower by any means, but now it is one of the two leading states in SAR, which has improved the quality of life of all member-states. It may not be a superpower yet, but it's getting there.

And omni, I imagine you could abandon that, since you haven't really done much other than impose laws that ships must have 1 bandanna or cutlass. It's not my choice though.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Then if no-one else has France...bye bye Water <3

I cant really write up plans yet, im on an ipod... But i still want that bandana law for it :twss:

Does that mean I get my Norwegian/African lion back? :D

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I cant really write up plans yet, im on an ipod... But i still want that bandana law for it :twss:

Does that mean I get my Norwegian/African lion back? :D

Sure :D Norway can have my pirates too ;)

dczlnn.pngUSPPEP8.pngdczlnn.png

Well, there's not much we can do about it at this point. If all countries started at equal monetary points, with equal natural resources, the game wouldn't be very interesting. Plus working your way up isn't bad, you just start improving your own country, gain allies, and maybe eventually conquer smaller countries.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Holy crap guys. I went away for a few hours to play some CivIV (you know, the real deal), and I come back and there's 7 more pages. You guys better not go crazy overnight, I'm not reading 20 pages when I wake up tomorrow.

So I skimmed most of the posts, must say I laughed at the mentions of Taiwan, thanks for the ego boost.

I'm really not well read on most of the things that the government deals with, so excuse my ignorance if it prevails.

I'll try to summarize my responses to the posts directed at me, and to some that aren't...

@Alliance with SAR. Seeing as you're already allied with China, I'm going to have to say no. This does not mean we're enemies, I'm not trying to antagonize you. I simply don't wish to help China in a time of war. Especially since China is the most likely nation I'll be at war against.

@Taiwan/China. Yeah, you're not going to see a real alliance between China and Taiwan any time soon. I am on the younger side, so I don't have any particular contempt towards China, but I'd really like to see an independent Taiwan someday. And yep, Taiwan is also called the ROC, and I admit my acronym of ROT (didn't notice that...) is a bit...Eh. :P

@Adrenal. What do you think of the SAR? I'm starting to think they're falling into the same category as China, trying to expand quite a lot.

@Meol. What do you say, ally with India and I? We seem to all be slightly concerned with certain nations/organizations becoming too large...

@China. Okay. We're at peace. For now.

@All other nations. I do not wish to antagonize any of you. Peace is the answer, but if you should feel war is a necessary evil...

You'll have to deal with my reserve army of 1.7 million soldiers (8th largest in the world - and I can draft up to 4 million more, most of whom have been trained). All pretty well equipped. And I have a fairly strong air force, not to mention the all-too-critical navy to protect the shores of my island.

Some other stats concerning Taiwan...

-26th in GDP. That's ahead of Ireland, to give you an idea.

-Approximately .95% of the population is below the poverty line. That's the lowest recorded by the CIA in 2007. (Norway was not recorded, and I'd think that Norway would be up - or down - there too. Next though, was Lithuania with 4%)

-.932 HDI, which is 23rd. About the same as Germany and Israel.

Not incredible. But very nice for a small island about the size of Maryland, with as many people as Texas.

Graaaaar more CivIV this thread better not have completely exploded when I'm back.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

I can't right now. If someone makes a list of all the countries that have joined since the list on page 7, I'll do the map. I have the source file for the map (which is about 3 times larger than the picture I post, so it's easier to edit) so I'll just do the map. I might be able to do it tonight, but I'm running out of colors.

Also, wikipedia tells me that both argentina and brazil have been working to make nuclear submarines independently. I say we combine our research, and hopefully we can put out a prototype early this year. Oh yeah, in my timezone atleast, it's now next year.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

China's environmental issues are slowly being treated with help of allies; with the various forms of energy being sent from from the SAR and the bright minds of Israel working with China, urban smog and waste have noticeably been reduced.

And I'm watching you, Taiwan. :twisted:

@penguingeek: I can't simply "ally" with you like that. What are your terms?

Meanwhile, Spaniards are becoming more anxious. The construction of the Grand Dam is guzzling up resources and throwing the country into a massive debt, but it might not be finished for a year or two.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

My scientists have been following you with your bandanna laws and your search for Atlantis and I must say, things are not looking well. Either smarten up as a ruler or be the first to be crushed by my powerful DeathRay. Your citizens mock you and it is tarnishing the New Order's reputation - perhaps members of the Council will straighten you out before I get trigger happy.

As my last post for tonight: I am allowing the further expansion of SAR as long as they are not overthrowing countries. If people think SAR is appealing, they have the right to chose the few remaining countries and assimilate themselves into the alliance. However, all SAR leaders will have to cooperate fully - and that may lead to some interesting situations :)

My top scientists have been working on a top-secret project for the past few months and it is nearing completion. Perhaps I shall reveal some key details at the first New World Order meeting next year (real time: my tomorrow morning, or in 6 hours from this post) in New York, the newly appointed Capital of the World. I have a liking in how the USA's new leader is running things, and I trust he will not murder the members of this council when we assemble to discuss world matters (which will start 6 hours from this post and continue until the next day).

There is to be no wars during this special day, where members of the council will decide the laws of this new world. I have already set some basic rules, but only you can fine tune them. If you wish to actively partake in governing this new world, make sure your voice will be heard. DEAR LORD! I just noticed a huge [bleep]ed tail take out part of the Genetics laboratory near my office!! ... I must go detain... nothing...nevermind. See you at the meeting.

hiccup.png

China's environmental issues are slowly being treated with help of allies; with the various forms of energy being sent from from the SAR and the bright minds of Israel working with China, urban smog and waste have noticeably been reduced.

And I'm watching you, Taiwan. :twisted:

:twisted: I have a taller building.

@penguingeek: I can't simply "ally" with you like that. What are your terms?

Tropical fruit. \'

Not really an alliance, I suppose...More of a defensive pact. Should either China or SAR attempt to extend beyond boundaries we feel right, to the extent that either of us (or India) is greatly threatened, the others will join in any resulting conflict, and supply arms as needed. (Keep in mind that Spain does currently not have an army that could match the forces of any other claimed nation - although if you managed to get all of the EU on your side, I suppose your combined forces would suffice)

And tropical fruit will be included.

(How about you offer some terms? Anything you especially want?)

doublesmileyface1.png

Colombia's drug trade has slowed to a near halt as the military has crippled nearly every cartel in the country. The economy is prospering as the government has commissioned many jobs to create state-of-the-art infrastructure. More news in upcoming days.

Alright, I claimed Italy awhile back and now I'm working on it.

In 2008 the military had 186,798 personnel on active duty, along with 114,778 in the national gendarmerie.

I'm looking good on military and I'm allied with the UN, EU, and NATO so I'll have quite the bit of backup if anyone tries to attack. I'll be taking 10% of Italy's military funding (3.3 billion) to work on the museum so that Italy can become the art capital of the world.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I'm allied with the UN, EU, and NATO so I'll have quite the bit of backup if anyone tries to attack.

I think most of the old alliances have been broken. Definitely the UN.

Of course, you can simply try to recreate those alliances.

doublesmileyface1.png

Ok new list, and map.

Updated as of this post. NOTE ITALY IS NOT INCLUDED ON THE MAP YET.

[hide=]Adrenal-India

Latinoking-Israel

riku3220-Italy

Kranked-Republic of Ireland

Mlbfan13-Russia

Istolethepie-China

Blackdawn, Sue_kitsu, Sworddude-UK

Penguingeek-Taiwan

evil_mumm_ra-USA

Lenticular_J, Doomsavenger, War_Eagle777 & Nick-South American Republic

Flodder450-Holland

Lionheart-Canada

Indy500fan-Norway

Oldjoe-Germany

Mage_man0103-Australia

Fastortoise-Hawaii

Meol-spain

Roccodog-egypt&libya

Omnitec-france

run4runes-Madagascar

PBPProductions-cuba

Dungeonal-Japan

Key:

tipitkey.png

tipitsmall.jpg[/hide]

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I'm allied with the UN, EU, and NATO so I'll have quite the bit of backup if anyone tries to attack.

What the hell happened in these last 13 pages I wasn't here for? :ohnoes:

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

What the hell happened in these last 13 pages I wasn't here for? :ohnoes:

Uh, where to start. Brazil and Argentina started SAR (south american republic) which now controls all of south america except for Venezuela. Sar is allies with China and cuba.

Egypt took over libya

Israel took over lebanon, and allied with china

Taiwan allied with india I think, but is keeping peace with china

USA isn't doing much

Norway started a new oil cartel, designed to eventually wean the world off oil, and use the money gained from it to fund alt. energy infrastructure.

China is cleaning up pollution.

That's all I can remember.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain