School

Pinkbullet3

I love school.

HOOOOWWWW?!?!

School is what you make of it. If you think, "too much work this sucks i hate school [bleep] it all why can't i just go home" then of course it's going to suck. American high school is NOT that hard, even if you're IB. It shouldn't be hard at all to get your work out of the way and have fun.

wl7w9j.png

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not hard at all for me.... I just find most classes boring and pointless.

I write papers the night before and get 95% on them, hell I did my english final the day of AT school and got a perfect score.

Im not trying to say im amazingly smart or anything, because im not. Classes are just [bleep]ing stupid.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

It's true though, the American school system fails. Though Europe doesn't *seem* any better.

I go back on the 18th I think? At 6am for cardio kickboxing. bright and early. I heard the teacher is nice, so thats a +

I'd say theres nothing wrong with the Dutch school system.

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

I love school.

HOOOOWWWW?!?!

School is what you make of it. If you think, "too much work this sucks i hate school [bleep] it all why can't i just go home" then of course it's going to suck. American high school is NOT that hard, even if you're IB. It shouldn't be hard at all to get your work out of the way and have fun.

A typical school day for me in the spring was:

Wake up at 6 a.m

School from 7:20 am- 2:50pm

Track practice 3pm- 5pm

Get home, eat and take shower 5:15pm- 6:30pm

Figure out what bs i'm gonna write for my essay or speech and procrastinate because I have no desire to start anything 6:30pm-8pm

Do homework 8pm-10pm

Take break from hw 10pm-10:30pm

Finish hw 10:30-11:30

Fall asleep 12am

Repeat

I hated it.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

School starts Sept. 7 here. I'm in the USA, and I wouldn't say it's always easy, but it gets extremely boring at times. For example, as a kid I loved math, and got all sorts of math awards. Next year I'm going into Upper Standard (The average level class, below advanced) because I have been bored out of my mind with the crap they're shoving into our heads. A few years ago I stopped trying, and last year I had a terrible teacher so I didn't care at all what my grades were. Long story short, the system is set up so that overachievers with little talent other than a love for memorization and a lack of individual thought can look great on the college applications.

I'm hoping my classes next year will be interesting.

I move into my dorm the 26th as a freshman.. I'm kind of nervous on my roommate as I have never met him, and can't find him on Facebook.

For people in/graduate college, what was it like when you first get a roommate? I feel it's gonna be kind of awkward.. for the first week or so at least.

Senior year of College starting soon here. It's weird seeing my list of classes I need to take being so small.

Same. Spring semester is going to be feel the weirdest..

We start back up next Thursday. Should be a good year, pretty excited to be finishing up all my schooling! :)

Yeah Spring is going to be [bleep]ing weird.

I move into my dorm the 26th as a freshman.. I'm kind of nervous on my roommate as I have never met him, and can't find him on Facebook.

For people in/graduate college, what was it like when you first get a roommate? I feel it's gonna be kind of awkward.. for the first week or so at least.

What school?

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

He'll either end up a real good buddy, or you'll both hate each other and one of you will find a different room at the end of the first semester. There's little in the way of middle ground. Luckily, the latter is pretty rare. You shouldn't worry about it too much. Just don't bring much that you treasure, or breakable items. You'll want to make do with the bare minimum, for a variety of reasons.

You should lose all hopes of privacy, too. Hope you're comfortable being naked around other people, particularly if you're in a communal bathroom. Oh, another thing: pray that he isn't the 34-year-old guy that a friend-of-a-friend had to room with. Apparently he wasn't a bad guy, just weird. Whereas the actual friend roomed with an Iranian guy who barely spoke English and had a great time with him.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Going into my final year in sixth form (Year 13 - for Americans, Sixth form is where you take exams which get you into University.) I start on the 6th September. I get my AS results next Thursday where I get to ditch a subject.

Phaper_Plane.png

I love school.

HOOOOWWWW?!?!

Wake up at 6 a.m

Track practice 3pm- 5pm

Figure out what bs i'm gonna write for my essay or speech and procrastinate because I have no desire to start anything 6:30pm-8pm

Do homework 8pm-10pm

Fall asleep 12am

Repeat

I hated it.

That sucks pretty hard. My day during the fall was:

Wake up at 7:30.

Leave at 8.

School 8:30-2:30.

Football 2:30-5:30.

Homework/dinner 6-7.

Free time 7-10.

Shower 10-10:30.

Sleep 11.

jjroxlu7.jpg

I love school.

HOOOOWWWW?!?!

Wake up at 6 a.m

Track practice 3pm- 5pm

Do homework 8pm-10pm

Fall asleep 12am

Repeat

I hated it.

That sucks pretty hard. My day during the fall was:

Wake up at 7:30.

Leave at 8.

School 8:30-2:30.

Football 2:30-5:30.

Homework/dinner 6-7.

Free time 7-10.

Shower 10-10:30.

Sleep 11.

1 hour of hw? Thats a dream. Especially how I'm going to have AP world history ( approx. 2 hours of hw per night), and honors lit and chem are approx. 45min-1 hour of hw each. So basically 3-4 hours of homework per day, not including projects/essays.

I took AP world 2 years ago and we just watched movies all class. We had to do a packet every week and a half or so and that took an around hour if you worked efficiently. Most people just got answers from each other at lunch. The final was tough though, I was only able to write on one of the essays, and I barely got half the multiple choice right. Somehow I managed to get a 3, though. Usually when people say you're going to get X amount of homework per night, they're just trying to scare you. Chances are that it's dramatically shorter, or not as frequent. Either way, don't freak out.

I took AP world 2 years ago and we just watched movies all class. We had to do a packet every week and a half or so and that took an around hour if you worked efficiently. Most people just got answers from each other at lunch. The final was tough though, I was only able to write on one of the essays, and I barely got half the multiple choice right. Somehow I managed to get a 3, though. Usually when people say you're going to get X amount of homework per night, they're just trying to scare you. Chances are that it's dramatically shorter, or not as frequent. Either way, don't freak out.

I took an AP class last year too. The thing about AP world is that I've seen the homework they get and the amount. Last year the AP world history teacher herself told us that the class requires to do 90-120mins of hw/studying per night. Our school really has a tough AP program, but then most people usually get a 4 or 5 on the test.

School isn't bad when you don't do any of your homework or study ever. I mean sure my grades take a hit, but my schedule is really empty.

Wake up at 6

School 7-1:45

Whatever the hell I want and dinner from 2:00 to 11 (or as late as 2 or 3 am)

Sleep

Rinse and repeat.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Ever since this year we've had 9 o'clock starts on Wednesdays and Thursdays, now we have an 8:30 start on Wednesday. FFFFFFUUUU I need my extra 30 minutes of sleep.

I haven't had school start at 9 since I was 8 years old. It could be a lot worse.

15cbz0y.jpg

School isn't bad when you don't do any of your homework or study ever. I mean sure my grades take a hit, but my schedule is really empty.

Wake up at 6

Sleep

Rinse and repeat.

That's nothing. Check this:

Wake up - 7:30

Leave for school - 8:00

Arrive at school (5 minutes late) - 8:05

School ends - 2:30

Home - before 3:00

Jerk Off Random Stuff - 3:00 to 6:30

Dinner - 6:30

Think about homework but go on Hulu instead - 7:30 to 11:00

Bed - 12:00

Sometimes I substitute some video games or music or random meetings in between 3:00 and 6:00. I'm hoping to get to bed earlier next year though.

Yeah, to be fair I was showing up 10-15 minutes late every day last year, but I had gym first block then and it didn't matter when I got there. Not much I can do about the start time though lol.

I have no clue what classes I have next year or my schedule. This could be interesting.

15cbz0y.jpg

Wake up at 6

Sleep

Rinse and repeat.

That's nothing. Check this:

Wake up - 7:30

Leave for school - 8:00

Arrive at school (5 minutes late) - 8:05

School ends - 2:30

Home - before 3:00

Jerk Off Random Stuff - 3:00 to 6:30

Dinner - 6:30

Think about homework but go on Hulu instead - 7:30 to 11:00

Bed - 12:00

Sometimes I substitute some video games or music or random meetings in between 3:00 and 6:00. I'm hoping to get to bed earlier next year though.

I'm jealous <_<

I do whatever important homework I have during class to get it out of the way. Or at lunch. Or I just don't do it, but since homework completion isn't part of our grade my teachers don't really care since my average is about 90% (the highest at my school is 93).

I study hard for tests though so I don't just breeze through.

jjroxlu7.jpg

Lol all you high school students with a fixed 7-3 (or w/e) schedule :).

My schedule for this semester is going to be:

Basic marketing 6:30PM-9:20PM M (teacher is real good so took his night class)

Career Planning 1:00PM - 1:50PM MW

Graphics Cost Analysis 10:00AM - 11:20AM TTH

Intro to the visual arts 10:00AM - 10:50AM MWF

Speech Communication 11:00AM - 11:50AM MWF

Web-Based Software 2:00PM - 3:40PM TTH

Figured out my schedule. It's not right, of course, but I guess I'll have to fix that, you know, three weeks after it matters.

I guess we're doing our daily schedules?

6-6:30 wake up, shower, shave, eat, all that jazz

OH WAIT I'LL BE ABLE TO DRIVE THIS YEAR WOOO. Probably gonna sleep until 7, then.

Anyway, I'll probably be getting to school later now, too. But starts at:

8:30.

Then it ends at 4! But I'm sure I'll be doing things, so we can safely assume that I won't be home until 5-6. Then I eat, I guess. Then I do whatever until I go to bed, probably around 11.

But I'll be taking World History AP, environmental science, theater four, and then pre-calculus one day. The next will be spanish 3, health/economics (need to get those switched - it's by semester, I need economics in fall), academic decathlon, and then english 3 AP.

I'm not particularly worried. Maybe pre-cal, but I'll figure that out. Everyone says that english, history, and spanish are the hardest this year, but I'm good at all of those!

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream