10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In high school, there was always going on, so I never liked it. Only fun year was my senior year but even then it was not a lot of fun. This being my first year in college, Ive learned so many things about school, life, and my self. So all and all college is awsome.

I'm also enjoying the 3 and a half week break now :^_^:

EDIT:

[Hide=]

SEN10RS!!!

That is all.

YES. :thumbsup: :mrgreen:

Agreed. :thumbup:

Haha! :mrgreen: :thumbsup: :grin:

Yesss!

:thumbsup:\:D/

[/hide]

With this, all I can say is that first two, and last two weeks on my senior year was cool. Besides that, it was just another day at school.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Haha. Me and a friend always joke about rooming together in college because we both have a ridiculous amount of college stuff. But I learned that UT provides about half of it, so we can't bring it. I mean, we both have two mini-fridges, we each have several TVs, we both have more than 10 speaker systems put together, maybe 3 stereos ... Haha.

I would probably not room with him, though. Mainly because he doesn't intend to go to UT. That proves difficult, you know?

Anyways, I was researching colleges because I don't really have anything better to do right now, and I might as well do something productive, you know? And I learned that, since UT is probably the largest typical university with a film program not located in LA or New York City, the Radio-Television-Film program gives junior and senior-level students an offer of a semester in LA program, where you do internships and the like. It looks like it would be cool. The University of Texas is pretty much my main choice, seeing as other schools with film programs (USC, UCLA, NYU, etc.), while they would be incredibly fun, are all too expensive and really too far away. Austin is the perfect mix of a modern city and good ol' Texan hospitality.

I don't know why I'm rambling to you guys. If I were you, I wouldn't give two damns where I intend to attend college.

I still need to find out if UT defers admitted students for gap year programs, though ...

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Could anyone offer advice choosing a highschool? These are my two choices:

#1: This is a newer, larger school. However, it's also overcrowded (Roughly 2000 students). Each class is huge, and the teachers often can't address every single student's needs. They do offer more courses, however it's a catholic school, so I'd have to take religon once a year, every year. From what my brother (who goes to this school) tells me, the teachers all hate him. I can get a bus to this school. Oh, about 2/3 of my friends are going here.

#2: This is a older, slightly smaller school. It has about 400 students. The classes have less people, so teachers have more time to offer with each student. They offer less courses then #1, but religon is not manatory. The most important part, however, is that it's extended french. Right now, (In grade 8), I take french as a second language, so I take gym, art, history, geography all in french, and my french grammer work is equilivent to that of a grade 10 or 11, or possibly 12. If I chose this school, I'd take 2 subjects a year in french (choosing from the list I said earlier), except in grade 12, where I only take one. Upon graduating from the extended french program, I'd recieve a bi-lingual certificate on my diploma, and a scholarship (Not exactly sure how much). I'm not able to get a bus ride there, however. About 1/4 of my friends are going there, but theres alot of people I know in that school.

It's a really hard decision for me, so I'd appreciate any advice.

(I didn't this would belong in the real-life help and advice thread, as this seemed more fitting)

I had to make a near-exact same choice 5 years back. However, in my case the language programme was English (I'm Dutch) and it was at the bigger school. The smaller school was seen as better, the larger one also catholic. In the end I went for the larger, language programme, school.

Firstly, the language programme helped me a lot. While English is different than French (as in uses), you seem to be really excited about it, and it's defininately something that will help you in the future. Also, don't let friends be a factor in your decision, you will either have other people coming with you, or you'll make new friends. Religion is defininately not my favourite subject, but I do think it is good to learn something about "how others think". If you're taking a language programme, you're probably decently smart, so the large/smaller classes shouldn't really be a factor either, unless you have a personal preference for them (cosier or more people).

In the end it's your decision, so I won't be making it for you, but this is what I can tell you from my experience.

Aurei_Animus.png

Could anyone offer advice choosing a highschool? These are my two choices:

#1: This is a newer, larger school. However, it's also overcrowded (Roughly 2000 students). Each class is huge, and the teachers often can't address every single student's needs. They do offer more courses, however it's a catholic school, so I'd have to take religon once a year, every year. From what my brother (who goes to this school) tells me, the teachers all hate him. I can get a bus to this school. Oh, about 2/3 of my friends are going here.

#2: This is a older, slightly smaller school. It has about 400 students. The classes have less people, so teachers have more time to offer with each student. They offer less courses then #1, but religon is not manatory. The most important part, however, is that it's extended french. Right now, (In grade 8), I take french as a second language, so I take gym, art, history, geography all in french, and my french grammer work is equilivent to that of a grade 10 or 11, or possibly 12. If I chose this school, I'd take 2 subjects a year in french (choosing from the list I said earlier), except in grade 12, where I only take one. Upon graduating from the extended french program, I'd recieve a bi-lingual certificate on my diploma, and a scholarship (Not exactly sure how much). I'm not able to get a bus ride there, however. About 1/4 of my friends are going there, but theres alot of people I know in that school.

It's a really hard decision for me, so I'd appreciate any advice.

(I didn't this would belong in the real-life help and advice thread, as this seemed more fitting)

I went to a catholic school from kindergarten to grade 8, and one semester in grade 9. Uniforms suck, overcrowded hallways, plus religion. Catholic school was just not for me, so I went to a new school that was closer and I already knew quite a few people there. I would just go to #2

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

SEN10RS!!!

That is all.

YES. :thumbsup: :mrgreen:

Agreed. :thumbup:

Haha! :mrgreen: :thumbsup: :grin:

Yesss!

:thumbsup:\:D/

Awwwwwwwweeeeeeeee Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :D

Also, Winter Break FTW. The only homework I have is private college apps, so I'm totally fr... wait... [cabbage]... *cries*

guido_49.png

Also, Winter Break FTW. The only homework I have is private college apps, so I'm totally fr... wait... [cabbage]... *cries*

You haven't finished applying to colleges yet? Damn man, you better get cracking, unless nowhere you're applying to has a January 1st deadline, which I'm pretty sure most do. I finished mine up at the beginning of the month, and I thought I was cutting it close.

Also, 'ell yea seniors.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

You haven't finished applying to colleges yet? Damn man, you better get cracking, unless nowhere you're applying to has a January 1st deadline, which I'm pretty sure most do. I finished mine up at the beginning of the month, and I thought I was cutting it close.

Also, 'ell yea seniors.

You should've talked to my sister then - last year she was cranking them out all the way until December 31. She came down to our Christmas dinner for like 10 minutes, then went back to her room for the rest of the night. :unsure:

Oh, and SOPHM012ES > SEN10RS. Okay that was lame. But true. :)

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

My first Freshman schedule for 1st semester was:

English 1a

Earth Science

1st Lunch

World Studies

Algebra 1

2nd semester is:

English 1b

Psychology

1st Lunch

Theatre Arts

P.E.

We have 4 periods a day, each an hour and a half long, with 5 minutes in between each class. Lunch is 40 minutes. I'm really happy about having no math 2nd semester :D.

Leman.png

Winter Break 'til Monday, January 4th. I better find something productive to do before I let these 2 weeks go to waste... I've already finished my AP Calculus BC Winter Break packet that my teacher assigned. <_<

Classes for next semester:

- Spanish V (weighted)

- Humanities (weighted)

- Accounting I

- Advanced Physics (weighted)

- AP Calculus BC (weighted)

- Business Law

- Gym/Lunch

And I still need a college to get into... :cry:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

My history teacher is awesome. My four friends and I are going on a 3 day, 2 night trip with him over the summer in a minivan across Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Maryland to check out some Civil War battlefields. Gonna be epic.

Reenact the battles.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

My history teacher is awesome. My four friends and I are going on a 3 day, 2 night trip with him over the summer in a minivan across Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Maryland to check out some Civil War battlefields. Gonna be epic.

Damn, that'll be awesome.

I myself plan to start on some more art coursework.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

3/8 done my Senior year :thumbsup:

schedule for next semester:

AP Spanish V

PE

AP Environmental Science

Music in the Movies

CP British Literature

AP Statistics

Creative Writing II (maybe)

Much too easy. Don't let the "AP" fool you. B-)

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Denied from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and Purdue. :(

Still waiting for UMich and Carnegie Mellon University. Applied to UMinnisota and UWisconsin - Madison over the weekend after my U of I and Purdue denial.

Wow, this is depressing.

This week is the week of finals. Last day on Friday, 12+ friends and I are going out to a restaurant and having a challenge to see who can finish a chocolate cake the fastest within our groups of 4. :-#

But still, it's depressing.

Also, my computer unexpectedly shut down and it won't turn on anymore two Sundays ago. I figure I wouldn't have time to fix it while I have to review for finals, so I've had to use the library's computers for the past week.

This is depressing. Please see I ♥ Cake kid picture in sig.

I feel sorry for you about your colleges. :(

acheron.jpg

Schedule for nest year is as follows.

Music Theory II M,T,W,R,F

Class Piano I T,R

Low Brass Lessons W

Symphonic Band M,W,F

Low Brass Ensemble M,W,F

General Psychology T

Math 091 M,W,F

English 102 M,W,F

As you can tell, I am a music major lol

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

How much did you learn in your Music Theory I class?

A lot actually. I never had theory in high school (Due to the fact that the school hated the music department :thumbdown: )

But yeah, I learned so much that I know a lot more about music now :thumbup:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

Reenact the battles.

We intend to.

I love reenacting. Civil war reenacting FTW!

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

This semester:

AP Calculus

AP Stats

Film Theory

AP Literature

AP Chemistry

Religion (Required.)

US History

AP Physics

Next semester is the same deal, except with Psychology instead of Film Theory. Yay, senior year!

It actually hasn't been bad at all.

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here..."

This semester:

AP Calculus

AP Stats

Film Theory

AP Literature

AP Chemistry

Religion (Required.)

US History

AP Physics

Next semester is the same deal, except with Psychology instead of Film Theory. Yay, senior year!

It actually hasn't been bad at all.

Good luck on the AP tests. :thumbup:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Does AP really change the outcome of college acceptance? I've heard from some trusted sources that it doesn't really do much change with the input you (theoretically) put into it.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Well, I don't think it has much bearing on what colleges think of you. Barely any of them ask for AP scores.

Really it's just a way for students to get better at certain subject areas.

Oh, right, and they can forward themselves even further along said subject paths because they might get class exemptions in college.

Not bad.

And thanks for the wish, Pinkbullet. I'll say the same to everyone who's taking APs this year: good luck.

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here..."

Yep, I never had the option to take AP's, but a few guys I know who did take them seem to be a little bit better off so far, particularly in calculus.

I am officially done programming and material science for this year, and now my half year classes become chemistry and linear algebra.