School

Pinkbullet3

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Denied from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and Purdue. :(

Still waiting for UMich and Carnegie Mellon University. Applied to UMinnisota and UWisconsin - Madison over the weekend after my U of I and Purdue denial.

Wow, this is depressing.

This week is the week of finals. Last day on Friday, 12+ friends and I are going out to a restaurant and having a challenge to see who can finish a chocolate cake the fastest within our groups of 4. :-#

But still, it's depressing.

Also, my computer unexpectedly shut down and it won't turn on anymore two Sundays ago. I figure I wouldn't have time to fix it while I have to review for finals, so I've had to use the library's computers for the past week.

This is depressing. Please see I ♥ Cake kid picture in sig.

Whats your GPA, how about some test scores? I'm just curious to see how high the standards for the Universities you applied to are.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

1 more exam left before i can head back home for Christmas, can't wait. Had 3 exams this semester, of the 2 i've done so far, i'm feeling alright about one but the other was an insanely hard paper and i know loads of folks from my class felt the same way. If loads of people get low marks they lower the % needed to pass, so with any luck that'll see me through that one.

The good thing is after Christmas holiday i'm going back to 3 completely different subjects so no work over the break. :thumbup:

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Finally done with School til Jan 11th.

=D

Took earth science exam (for college that is)and wow. the answers were either bizarrely easy (which is gaseous, Jupiter or mercury) or bizarrely hard: list the equation of nuclear fusion. Well... we never went over that lol

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

School is alright for me, apart from the fact that we get a lot of homework.

Most of it is stuff that I already know from class (or from before), so it's fairly pointless.

Also, lockers fail.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I really dislike school now, I've gone like, once a week for the past month and a half.

That's nothing; I haven't gone at all in over 13 years. :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I've reached a point in school where I don't do homework at home anymore. It just doesn't feel right to me... doing schoolwork during my precious free time that is supposed to be school free. I manage to do all my homework in school either the day before its due or the very day its due, and I still make straight A's. Take that, school system!

To be honest I wish I had made more friends in high school. I only have a few select best friends and then some other friends whom I just hang out with. In college I'd like to be one of those nice guys who everyone knows around campus.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Can still happen, mario. It'll be tougher, but in college if you aren't one of those folks who only hang around their high school friends, and get involved in everything you can sink your teeth into, it will happen. Start up conversations with random people. Compliments, compliments, compliments. Build a rep as a nice, fun, humorous guy. I give myself a new thing every week or so. Lately, I've been looking at people I don't even know, and walking up and patting them on the back or shaking their hand, just saying "This guy! He is the man! Yeah!" or something along those lines. It's fun. Albeit slightly dangerous at my school, at least the first part ...

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Can still happen, mario. It'll be tougher, but in college if you aren't one of those folks who only hang around their high school friends, and get involved in everything you can sink your teeth into, it will happen. Start up conversations with random people. Compliments, compliments, compliments. Build a rep as a nice, fun, humorous guy. I give myself a new thing every week or so. Lately, I've been looking at people I don't even know, and walking up and patting them on the back or shaking their hand, just saying "This guy! He is the man! Yeah!" or something along those lines. It's fun. Albeit slightly dangerous at my school, at least the first part ...

I think it's too late now. I'm not trying to be a pessimist (really, I'm usually an optimist), but my high school is full of rich white, stuck-up kids. Yes most of them are nice but most all of them have an underlying stuck-up side to their personality. I guess it's not the fact that I don't have hundreds of friends that bothers me, its the fact that most people would probably be all "what the hell are you doing kid, trying to be friends with us? Get lost." if I tried to do that. My school has its advantages (being one of the best schools in the state), but I really can't stand people sometimes. I'm just glad I have a few really nice friends who aren't stuck up.

Yes I think I just completely reversed my statement. I WANT to have more friends though, just friends who are nice, not mean. :P

And did you ever have one of those experiences where you've built up your rep so much (my rep being the 'smart' kid who doesn't talk in class much), that if you do suddenly start doing completely opposite behavior, people will be like "did that kid go crazy?" Kids are so judgmental in my school- that's another thing that bothers me. You can see why I'm really looking foward to college. No one will know me, so I can literally make a new me- one that is a lot more talkative, open, and always smiling. Yes... I'd like that.... muhahaha HAHAHA! :twisted:

Eh for now I try to make up for it by having a nice personality on the internet. I like to be open, talk to people, be honest, be non-judgmental, all that.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Yeah, I was the quiet, smart, uncoordinated kid my whole life. This year I became mister awesome guy that everybody knows. You just gotta remember that haters gonna hate. The ones that don't - they're the fun folks, open-minded and all that [cabbage].

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Yeah, I was the quiet, smart, uncoordinated kid my whole life. This year I became mister awesome guy that everybody knows. You just gotta remember that haters gonna hate. The ones that don't - they're the fun folks, open-minded and all that [cabbage].

Thanks for the advise man, I really appreciate it. (Although I don't know you, I wish I did! I see you A LOT around off topic and your avatar has stuck in my head :razz: )

I think I can endure another semester of high school. Then when that's over I'm free to forge a new personality. Sounds exciting already. :shock:

I just wish I could make up my mind about my career now. :ohnoes:

dangsig.png

Last exam finished today. :razz: So damn happy right now.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

UCAS is off. Now I just have to wait for my University offers and decide on which to take definitely and which to have for a backup just in case.

I've also gotta work hard if I want to reach my predicted grade considering I want to get at least a C or B in ICT and I had a D last year.

I read over my reference that my teachers wrote for me, and it was good but I couldn't help but be worried at how... inarticulate my teachers actually are :unsure: I felt like editing it like a Times article. It'd have been nice if my English teacher could have written it, I'm sure she would have done better. Also they said I used Microsoft Photoshop. Lol'd.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Guest Mrmegakirby

Could anyone offer advice choosing a highschool? These are my two choices:

#1: This is a newer, larger school. However, it's also overcrowded (Roughly 2000 students). Each class is huge, and the teachers often can't address every single student's needs. They do offer more courses, however it's a catholic school, so I'd have to take religon once a year, every year. From what my brother (who goes to this school) tells me, the teachers all hate him. I can get a bus to this school. Oh, about 2/3 of my friends are going here.

#2: This is a older, slightly smaller school. It has about 400 students. The classes have less people, so teachers have more time to offer with each student. They offer less courses then #1, but religon is not manatory. The most important part, however, is that it's extended french. Right now, (In grade 8), I take french as a second language, so I take gym, art, history, geography all in french, and my french grammer work is equilivent to that of a grade 10 or 11, or possibly 12. If I chose this school, I'd take 2 subjects a year in french (choosing from the list I said earlier), except in grade 12, where I only take one. Upon graduating from the extended french program, I'd recieve a bi-lingual certificate on my diploma, and a scholarship (Not exactly sure how much). I'm not able to get a bus ride there, however. About 1/4 of my friends are going there, but theres alot of people I know in that school.

It's a really hard decision for me, so I'd appreciate any advice.

(I didn't this would belong in the real-life help and advice thread, as this seemed more fitting)

I was listening to the radio this morning and I heard something about a student hacking into his school's computer system to change his grades (obviously not something new, but definitely requires a crapload of guts). It occurred in one of the schools that's in my district (though not close to my high school) earlier this year from January to March.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=345301

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

#1: This is a newer, larger school. However, it's also overcrowded (Roughly 2000 students). Each class is huge, and the teachers often can't address every single student's needs. They do offer more courses, however it's a catholic school, so I'd have to take religon once a year, every year. From what my brother (who goes to this school) tells me, the teachers all hate him. I can get a bus to this school. Oh, about 2/3 of my friends are going here.

#2: This is a older, slightly smaller school. It has about 400 students. The classes have less people, so teachers have more time to offer with each student. They offer less courses then #1, but religon is not manatory. The most important part, however, is that it's extended french. Right now, (In grade 8), I take french as a second language, so I take gym, art, history, geography all in french, and my french grammer work is equilivent to that of a grade 10 or 11, or possibly 12. If I chose this school, I'd take 2 subjects a year in french (choosing from the list I said earlier), except in grade 12, where I only take one. Upon graduating from the extended french program, I'd recieve a bi-lingual certificate on my diploma, and a scholarship (Not exactly sure how much). I'm not able to get a bus ride there, however. About 1/4 of my friends are going there, but theres alot of people I know in that school.

(I didn't this would belong in the real-life help and advice thread, as this seemed more fitting)

You get to choose your...high school? Wow. I would just go for the one with more of your friends...secondary school isn't much a matter of education value. :lol:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

You are obviously wanting to go to school #2, but you don't want to leave your friends.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

You are obviously wanting to go to school #2, but you don't want to leave your friends.

I have to agree. I would suggest you go to school #2, unless you absolutely cannot get to it, since that is what you seem to want.

You get to choose your...high school? Wow. I would just go for the one with more of your friends...secondary school isn't much a matter of education value. :lol:

impledfaceplam.jpg

I'd choose #2 aswell. Just keep in contact with your other friends, and hell, this gives you an opportunity to make new friends.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

SEN10RS!!!

That is all.

YES. :thumbsup: :mrgreen:

Agreed. :thumbup:

Haha! :mrgreen: :thumbsup: :grin:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg