School

Pinkbullet3

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked my courses for next year already, hope they're more entertaining then this year (Junior):

-Italian IV Honors

-Chemistry AP

-Microeconomics AP

-Peer Leadership

-Art History AP

-English IV Honors

-Calculus AB

-Theology Seminar

Is anyone else taking US History AP? I find it so extremely boring compared to World History AP I took last year, and the test was a joke.

Oh and everyone has semesters, my school has to be special and have trimesters >.>

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

Oh and everyone has semesters, my school has to be special and have trimesters >.>

I have trimesters. I like trimesters better than semesters. Less finals.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

This is very true. Everyone always gets midterms, a lot of my teachers don't bother giving tri-exams.

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

I'm guessing there's a lot of pregnant students at your school and this is how they keep up with that. Am I right? Eh?

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Middle School, in general is a boring kind of thing. Most of the stuff I have either already learned, or can learn in a quick amount of time.

The thing that keeps me motivated in school, however, is other people. For some reason, I love to work with others, I don't know why.

Also, as I've noticed, being involved in sports teams (or any other major thing many people care about) at my school pretty much guarantees popularity for them. I'm glad to say I'm one of those people. :D

(Though, it kinda pisses me off when someone is popular without even being involved in major school events... <_< )

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Guest Mrmegakirby

Middle School, in general is a boring kind of thing. Most of the stuff I have either already learned, or can learn in a quick amount of time.

The thing that keeps me motivated in school, however, is other people. For some reason, I love to work with others, I don't know why.

Also, as I've noticed, being involved in sports teams (or any other major thing many people care about) at my school pretty much guarantees popularity for them. I'm glad to say I'm one of those people. :D

(Though, it kinda pisses me off when someone is popular without even being involved in major school events... <_< )

I feel your pain. Except im in elementry school in Canada, in the 8th grade. It sucks. I hate younger kids. And I'm learning nothing at the time.

I feel your pain. Except im in elementry school in Canada, in the 8th grade. It sucks. I hate younger kids. And I'm learning nothing at the time.

Where about in Canada do you live? I'm from Alberta and our school system goes something like this:

Grades 1-6 = Elementary school

7-9 = Jr. High school

10-12 = High school

I never knew that it was any other way around here, that's gotta be hard to deal with all those little kids. Looks like you learn something new everyday. :P

Some private schools here in the U.S. contain grades K-8, and then students go to regular high school for 9-12. Back in the day I went to a private school from K-1, and we got hot lunch, a pool to learn swimming in, a fairly large campus, and computers to work with. It was great. And the 7th and 8th graders were nice, too. :D

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

At least in Toronto, you can have:

Jr. Elementary, K-6

Sr. Elementary, 7-8

High School, 9-12

Sometimes you can have an entire school just K-8, if the area doesn't have a large population.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Ugh. We had an essay in history today which I completely forgot about and half assed it. I probably got around a 70...

The rest of the day was pretty good though, we have a small concert tommorow for band and nothing else interesting until March.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

If schools go by semsesters and for the "Final grade" it uses quarter 1, quarter 2, and exams to find an average, then a single bad quarter should not make a difference if you have a strong second quarter and exams, right?

Anyway, is chemistry hard? I am in hrs. biology right now and it is very boring, just memorizing facts. Is chemistry like that?

Middle School sucks. I learn everything at a super fast rate, but the teachers must go super slow for the other students. So, I'm stuck listening to the same lectures over and over, over something I already knew for the next 3 days.

Like others, school is becoming super annoying lately, just from all the ignorant kids who act all gangster and just having to deal with boredom the whole day.

Guest Mrmegakirby

Where about in Canada do you live? I'm from Alberta and our school system goes something like this:

Grades 1-6 = Elementary school

7-9 = Jr. High school

10-12 = High school

I never knew that it was any other way around here, that's gotta be hard to deal with all those little kids. Looks like you learn something new everyday. :P

Ontario.

Ours is just grades K-8 is elementry, 9-12 is high school.

Middle School sucks. I learn everything at a super fast rate, but the teachers must go super slow for the other students. So, I'm stuck listening to the same lectures over and over, over something I already knew for the next 3 days.

Like others, school is becoming super annoying lately, just from all the ignorant kids who act all gangster and just having to deal with boredom the whole day.

Same. I don't mean to seem all high-and-mighty, but I'm far ahead for most subjects (Particulary Math) where I can get questions instantly, but instead have to listen to countless lectures because people don't get algebra. And I disagree with alot of teaching methods, too. I do alot of stuff mentaly, and HATE writing it out how they want me to.

[/rant]

If schools go by semsesters and for the "Final grade" it uses quarter 1, quarter 2, and exams to find an average, then a single bad quarter should not make a difference if you have a strong second quarter and exams, right?

Anyway, is chemistry hard? I am in hrs. biology right now and it is very boring, just memorizing facts. Is chemistry like that?

I'm more physics-geared, but I took a chemistry class last semester and I can say that it's mainly memorizing chemical equations and compounds (and how they all work together) as opposed to biology's straight up memorizing. I liked chemistry way more than biology because of the labs (who doesn't like holding an element in a flame and watching the flame turn green?).

:thumbup:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Graduated higschool a simester early, in Junary.

Probably should've stayed a bit longer :twss:

Nah jk :razz:

My school goes Kindergarten - 4th = elementary, 5th - 8th middle, and 9th - 12th high school.

I'm kind of freaking out, for my FCS class we have to make a 3 minute video on managing time effectively, and my group are people I don't know very well, and aren't friends with, so I have no way to communicate with them, or anything. Also have an Engineering project that is due thursday, and my partner has the same limitations as ^.

Also being 17 and can't drive sucks :oops:

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Nailed my organic midterm. I still can't believe I figured out what the chemical structure of urea was based on what other structures he gave us on other, completely irrelevant questions.

Thought process:

-Urea definitely has Nitrogen in it, I learnt this is bio. So it has an amine group.

-It's probably not an alkane, it's too soluble

-Soluble eh... probably has a carbonyl group or could be an ether..

-Another question had an ether in it, so it's not that

-I'm pretty sure it's non-polar, or else he'd have mentioned it. So two amine groups attached to carbonyl maybe?

BANG it's a diamine ketone. Gosh I'm smart.

hiccup.png

Pfft, I still say I've had the weirdest school setting so far.

I used to live in New Hampshire which does K-4 Elementary, 5-8 Middle School, and 9-12 High School

Now I live in New York which is l-6 Elementary, 7&8 Middle, and 9-12 High.

Since I moved after 5th rgade, my school career has gone like this:

k-4th Elementary

5th Middle School

6th Elementary

7&8 Middle school

9&10 High School

It makes for an amusing story, though.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]