School

Pinkbullet3

god-kills-kitten-troll.jpg

I really admire the kitten on the bottom left. There's just something about him/her that speaks to me.

OT: I'm very jealous of all you pipsqueaks out there who get to complain about going back to school. God do I miss the days of getting persecuted by half the school. No sarcasm here. I really do.

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My school starts at 8:40 now. Awesome. We still only have a 45-minute lunch, though. Being on one of the busiest corners in the city doesn't help that. And we still get out at four (more like 4:30 if you're lucky). Hopefully I fixed my schedule. I have a little baby English project to do sometime this week.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

My school starts at 8:40 now. Awesome. We still only have a 45-minute lunch, though. Being on one of the busiest corners in the city doesn't help that. And we still get out at four (more like 4:30 if you're lucky). Hopefully I fixed my schedule. I have a little baby English project to do sometime this week.

Your school day ends at 4? whoa.

But you're lucky in having a 45-minute lunch, we only get 30 minutes. :|

My community college classes start tomorrow at 3. I have class on Tuesday from 3:00 to around 9:30 with around a two hour drive round trip. Wednesday, I picked up a leisure bowling class which starts around noon. Thursday I have class for about three hours at the same community college. I'm nervous, but I have a lot of friends that go to the school, and a lot of people from my work. It'll be easy, but I guess it's the anxiety that's getting to me. High school was no picnic for me, and I don't want a repeat of it.

The only problem is, it's an off-campus lunch. More than 1600 people leaving the parking lots out of two exits to go to very few places. Luckily, I live about a two-minute backstreet drive from the school. I'm happy. Our lunch starts at 1:39 every day except Friday, too (then it's 1:35). The principal that was explaining this seemed to find all these changes as ridiculous as we do.

We're not allowed off campus at anytime, we're not even allowed to walk on the edge of the campus boundaries. Feels like prison sometimes.

Understandable. Sometimes the narcs can be damn annoying.

"Excuse me, sir, where are you going?"

"To the bathroom."

"Can I see your pass?"

"I don't have one."

"Go back to class."

"Sir, I have to..."

"I SAID GET BACK TO CLASS."

(First thing that comes to mind as soon as you turn around: "[wagon]".)

Implemented during the '09-'10 school year was this little electronic thing at all the major entrances (sidedoors were locked). School started at 7:45am, and if you walked in even a second after the bell, you would have to wait in a line along with other late students while they scanned your ID and handed you a little slip, saying you've now been tardy. A total of 5 and you serve an after-school, and I think a little bit more was a Saturday or something.

I was lucky enough to slip past them a few times when their backs were turned, but.

Oh, and the narcs started walking around the school with Flip cameras slung around their necks last year too... Tools.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

It seems when a school becomes harsher it also becomes more of a pathetic joke where education isn't even possible anymore. Coincidence? When teachers handed out referrals and detentions over the most ridiculous reasons (ridiculous as in laughing at a joke the teacher made and getting in trouble for disrupting the class, "texting in class" when you don't even own a cellphone, literally doing nothing but STANDING IN A LINE QUIETLY and getting chastised ["What did I do??" "You know what you did!"]), it gave students more of an incentive to piss them off in return.

The American educational system. Great idea, awful execution.

EDIT: Well, I can't really say that about America in general. However, I can say that the state of Florida has discovered the most counterproductive method of educating teenagers to possibly be conceived. Some of the teachers they hired made McDonalds employees look professional. Oh and don't even get me started on the curriculum.

The only problem is, it's an off-campus lunch. More than 1600 people leaving the parking lots out of two exits to go to very few places. Luckily, I live about a two-minute backstreet drive from the school. I'm happy. Our lunch starts at 1:39 every day except Friday, too (then it's 1:35). The principal that was explaining this seemed to find all these changes as ridiculous as we do.

our lunch is at 10 30 -.- And it got cut from 45 minutes to 25 minutes this year. And our passing periods went from 10 minutes to 7 <_< GF anyone ever getting to class on time, it takes ~10 minutes just to walk from one end of the school to the other.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

We have 6 minutes between classes, maybe 5 I'm not sure. And a 30 minute lunch. We have 800 kids in the school and only 2 lunch periods. 300 kids trying to buy lunch all at once? Dumbest thing ever, and that is why I always bring my lunch.

Understandable. Sometimes the narcs can be damn annoying.

"Excuse me, sir, where are you going?"

"To the bathroom."

"Can I see your pass?"

"I don't have one."

"Go back to class."

"Sir, I have to..."

"I SAID GET BACK TO CLASS."

(First thing that comes to mind as soon as you turn around: "[wagon]".)

Implemented during the '09-'10 school year was this little electronic thing at all the major entrances (sidedoors were locked). School started at 7:45am, and if you walked in even a second after the bell, you would have to wait in a line along with other late students while they scanned your ID and handed you a little slip, saying you've now been tardy. A total of 5 and you serve an after-school, and I think a little bit more was a Saturday or something.

I was lucky enough to slip past them a few times when their backs were turned, but.

Oh, and the narcs started walking around the school with Flip cameras slung around their necks last year too... Tools.

I have never been told to go back to class. To be fair, I'm almost a legend. To be even more fair, none of our doors are ever locked and nobody really cares what you do. But three tardies and you have ISS or something, I think. I don't really know.

This school year might be funny at the beginning. At that little meeting, the associate principal said there would be changes to the dress code, but he didn't know what they were. Some girl interpreted that as meaning "No dress code!" It spread like wildfire.

We have 6 minutes between classes, maybe 5 I'm not sure. And a 30 minute lunch. We have 800 kids in the school and only 2 lunch periods. 300 kids trying to buy lunch all at once? Dumbest thing ever, and that is why I always bring my lunch.

We have 2000 kids and one lunch period....

but there's 5 lines, so it's a little easier.

It never affected me, i always bring my own lunch anyway

My school is pretty relaxed compared to your guys'. We don't need our IDs on lanyards or hall passes or whatever if we want to leave the classroom, and you can go wherever you want during lunch.

So ready for school to start back up and my classes are not too bad.

CART 101-Speech.

CART 101 Lab-Speech lab.

MUS 161 A- Piano 1.

MUS 206- Music theory 3.

MUS 307- History & analysis of Music.

MUS 312- Low brass Lesson.

MUS 453- Symphonic/Marching band.

MUS 455- Brass ensemble.

EDUC 210- Foundations of Education.

As you can tell I'm a music major :twss:

And all my classes are in the same building except for one, which is Education 210

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Just got my schedule. It sucks. No contact with my girlfriend or any close-friends. This year is going to suck. Lol. >.>

TIME TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS!

Thats what I had to do last year.

Turned out really well. :thumbup:

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

6 gifted ap or ib classes. ugh.

Ouch.

I start school next week. Its going to be fun writing, reading and doing projects about things I don't give a [cabbage] about so I can get good grades, which will eventually get me into a college/university which will land me a diploma. That in turn will help me get a job so I can waste the rest of my life making money and slaving away at work. Joy. <_<

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Got my schedule online. The only thing I'm disappointed about is that I have to retake a class, because I did nothing but stupid [cabbage] with my friends. Ha. Worth it. That was a fun class.

I should probably get around to doing the summer reading assignment soon. I haven't even looked at the book list yet.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

This line doesn't rhyme,

And neither does this one.

0 AP classes because I'm a [bleep]ing lazy bastard.

It's fun though. I still don't know what I want to do for a living, but it sure as hell won't be some desk job. From my experience, the people who obsess over all of the high school stuff don't go anywhere. Sure, they may end up with a high-paying job and an unhappy family, but in 200 years, what will they be? Nothing at all. Maybe they'll have their name on a plaque at the local conservatory, or hold a school track record. It's much better to enjoy life as it comes instead of working your ass off for a meaning that doesn't exist.

But that's just my cheerful way of justifying laziness.

It's fun though. I still don't know what I want to do for a living, but it sure as hell won't be some desk job. From my experience, the people who obsess over all of the high school stuff don't go anywhere. Sure, they may end up with a high-paying job and an unhappy family, but in 200 years, what will they be? Nothing at all. Maybe they'll have their name on a plaque at the local conservatory, or hold a school track record. It's much better to enjoy life as it comes instead of working your ass off for a meaning that doesn't exist.

I take AP classes because you get college credits from the end of the year exams which means less time spent in classes and less money spent for college. And at what cost? Reading 20 textbook pages and taking a quiz on it the next day? It isn't as hard a you think. Just go for it. It can only help you.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

from your experience? and as a high school student that's not very extensive is it. :rolleyes:

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I find it funny people think others won't be remembered in history but they will. That rule spreads across everybody.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg