School

Pinkbullet3

Two weeks in and I still can't decide how this year compares to last. Hopefully next week will tell, right now I'm seeing more homework, but everything is easier. :thumbup:

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far I get to work Tues/Thurs in a dining hall for 3.5 hours and at all home football games at the concessions from 7am to 5pm-ish. Also attending a job fair on Wed. to see if I can find any good jobs to fill in the rest of my week.

Any tips on balancing work, school, and life in college?

:shades:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

So far I get to work Tues/Thurs in a dining hall for 3.5 hours and at all home football games at the concessions from 7am to 5pm-ish. Also attending a job fair on Wed. to see if I can find any good jobs to fill in the rest of my week.

Have a set schedule for everything, and don't overwork yourself. If you have time put aside to do certain things, you should be fine. As long as you manage that time wisely, of course.

Play intramurals, exercise and eat right. Explore your college, and take advantage of how much [cabbage] they really have. You can often help with research and earn thousands of dollars.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I started 6th form yesterday, and it has been pretty good so far. The only downside is the increased amount of homework, but they give you so much free time that it is really easy to finish the homework, and still have time for leisure. Though my two chemistry teachers both want two seperate presentations on two different subjects, which only takes around a day or two to complete. But I have only had 2 of my 4 subjects I've picked so far, my other two are later in the week and I'm rather excited :).

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

2 days til I start Senior yr (233days til its over). I still gave a lot of work to do but I know I'll finish it in time, somehow.

I drive myself to school and I hate parking so much. The city hates our school so there's a law were you can't park on all the streets [except two] within a 3 block radius from the school from the hours of 8am-3pm Monday-Friday -.-. The two roads have max 80 parking spots, half of which you cannot park in Wednesday-Friday. There's about 250 seniors who drive plus maybe like 10 juniors, so I'm probably going to have to park at our athletic center and then take a bus to school... I'm really hoping I win our parking lottery [2 students win every 2 weeks and they get a spot each in the faculty parking lot for 2 weeks].

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

I'm staying in my math class, it's so easy so far. Even though the vast majority of the rest of the class is juniors and seniors I finish all the worksheets or whatever we have before everyone else, I'm a [bleep]ing genius, man. I just want an A in math so I'm staying.

Why do teachers like being so scary on the first day of school...

My schedule is terrible. But I've said that after the first day of my first two years of high school, and at the end of each year I find myself with a schedule that I generally like.

I have nearly no friends in my classes, and the few friends that I do have classes with aren't exactly the brightest people around. And the classes we have together happen to my toughest classes...and I also have what I consider to be the second worst block to have free.

Alas, my AP chem class looks alright, despite there being very few other juniors in there. And Latin will serve as my lulz for the day as well as naptime.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Aaah, school. Just remember in 4-5 years, when you're filling out a post/under app for a [cabbage] course that takes 3-5 years, so you can get a job you hate, remember how fun school was.

:|

Solution: Get a job you don't hate.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Aaah, school. Just remember in 4-5 years, when you're filling out a post/under app for a [cabbage] course that takes 3-5 years, so you can get a job you hate, remember how fun school was.

This isn't the philosophy thread.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

This isn't the philosophy thread.

*Cries* But I have no one to respond to there :(

Well, my class today was awesome. I sat on FB the whole time as myself, another student, and our professor discussed fighting styles (MMA and the like) and just kind of BS'd the class away. Was a lot of fun even though I hardly put any squash or stretch into my bouncing ball. Wait till you guys have teachers/professors like that and you'll be in love with school.

My science teacher is a hardcore atheist, and plans on "debunking" a lot about religion, so I'm curious as to what some of his ideas will be. Should be interesting.

God I love the women at my campus. I'd do illegal things to them that would become legal if anyone figured out how mind[bleep]ingly awesome it is.

I should explain that my previous sentence could be taken as either very creepy/4chany or just an extremely horny post from a guy who's had to stare at booty shorts all day. Yyyyyea it's the latter, just throwin' it out there.

More related to my classes: I have to memorize all 20 amino acids, their structures, three and one letter codes on my very first class of the semester. Huraaaaay! :thumbdown:

hiccup.png

My science teacher is a hardcore atheist, and plans on "debunking" a lot about religion, so I'm curious as to what some of his ideas will be. Should be interesting.

Sounds too anti-religious . Not that I disagree with him, but if he said that in my school then complaints would occur almost instantly from parents and students a like.

Sounds too anti-religious . Not that I disagree with him, but if he said that in my school then complaints would occur almost instantly from parents and students a like.

If it was my school I would tell them all to suck it up.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

And that would have no effect.

And that would have no effect.

If it was my country I would tell them all to suck it up.

With no chance at suing.

Yes I rock. :mrgreen:

siggy3s.jpg