School

Pinkbullet3

Ahhhh how I love biochemistry :)

My teacher started the lecture off with a slide for the grade distribution of our second midterm test. This professor makes IMPOSSIBLE tests that even the geeky graduate students say were super hard, yet I got 96 on the test :cool: On the slide nobody got over 85 except me so there was this aberrant little bump away from everybody else and the prof kept mentioning how this was not normal. To get a little perspective, the average of the test the last 4 years was under 60 and more than half my class got under 50.

Sorry, I had to brag :smile: I certainly can't tell my university friends about this, they'd eat their hats.

hiccup.png

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a history project due on Monday and I haven't even started. >.>

Luckily it's just a timeline of ancient civilizations so it's not all that bad rofl.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

We got NHS applications today. I breezed through all of it and the essay, EXCEPT for one part. "Leadership posistions. If no leadership position has been held, applican should detail a time in which they assumed a leadership role to accomplish a task and attach to application"....

I guess I could BS a fake story, but I don't have an idea about what....

Write about doing a group project

"One time I did a group project for history. A few days passed and nobody was doing anything so I had to step up. I gave each person a section to do their research on. I also did my own section of research. To complete the project I told the group to meet up at my house, and we worked all night" etc etc etc

Then be sure to include something like "When I was in the leadership position I felt compelled to lead by example. After I got started with my part of the project, everyone else seemed to be more motivated to work on their parts. One of the reasons that my group was not making any progress was that people simply were not used to communicating effectively in the group. Once I organized a time and a place for our group to meet and brainstorm, everyone picked up their share of work"

Something like that.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

We got NHS applications today. I breezed through all of it and the essay, EXCEPT for one part. "Leadership posistions. If no leadership position has been held, applican should detail a time in which they assumed a leadership role to accomplish a task and attach to application"....

I guess I could BS a fake story, but I don't have an idea about what....

Write about doing a group project

"One time I did a group project for history. A few days passed and nobody was doing anything so I had to step up. I gave each person a section to do their research on. I also did my own section of research. To complete the project I told the group to meet up at my house, and we worked all night" etc etc etc

Then be sure to include something like "When I was in the leadership position I felt compelled to lead by example. After I got started with my part of the project, everyone else seemed to be more motivated to work on their parts. One of the reasons that my group was not making any progress was that people simply were not used to communicating effectively in the group. Once I organized a time and a place for our group to meet and brainstorm, everyone picked up their share of work"

Something like that.

Wow. You're good. I'm not going to take exactly what you said but I will use the same idea/concept. Thank you so very much, I am grateful. :)

GOT A 99 ON MY CALC EXAM!!!! would have got 100, except in the middle of a long problem I made the mistake of - 1* 0 = -1... sad. But I'm still happy!

There can never be a negative amount of an item. I object.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

GOT A 99 ON MY CALC EXAM!!!! would have got 100, except in the middle of a long problem I made the mistake of - 1* 0 = -1... sad. But I'm still happy!

Unless you are talking about how much you've gained of something, when you actually lost it. So you could earn -10 dollars. Also antimatter.

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

Unless you are talking about how much you've gained of something, when you actually lost it. So you could earn -10 dollars. Also antimatter.

But that's imaginary. Math is based on real objects, like +10 dollars.

And I can't see anti-matter. I object.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Negative generally (from a physical point of view) signifies a loss of an existing amount, or simply something happening that is the inverse of the positive sign convention.

Also, advanced math is only loosely based on real objects :razz:

OT: TOO MUCH WORK.

Calculus quiz tomorrow morning, thermodynamics assignment due tomorrow afternoon, materials assignment due friday, design assignment due monday. Just got back from a midterm exam.

Deciding whether I should apply for a chance to go to Shanghai for two weeks in May...

Sounds like a good deal; just cbf to write the essays, make a resume, pay fees, etc. -.-

I have a friend who went to China and said it wasn't worth the trip. I suppose staying home could be worse, though.

True. Comes with a 4 credit class (Intro to Entrepreneurship) that starts after Spring Break (and then the trip at the very end).

I suppose I'll just bite the bullet and do it (business students are required to have a study abroad to graduate). Best get things done early.

:mellow:

Damn, now I have to write a bunch of [cabbage].

Edit: 23423l.png

I see you... e.e

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

But that's imaginary. Math is based on real objects, like +10 dollars.

And I can't see anti-matter. I object.

-1 is real, sqrt(-1) (known as i or j to EE's) is imaginary.

I know, lots of crazy stuff. Luckily we do a pretty good job hiding it from people.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Edit: 23423l.png

I see you... e.e

'sup Pinky. :cool:

OT: School is decently easy this year except for English... jeez, I have more work in that class than I have in all my other classes combined. And it's mostly pointless projects about ourselves that we awkwardly have to present in front of the class.

Shanghai

Entrepreneurship

[hide]Mao.jpg[/hide]

http://forum.tip.it/topic/280593-chinese-workers-build-15-story-hotelin-just-six-days/page__st__60

:twss:

siggy3s.jpg

I have 5 classes the Wednesday before thanksgiving, and all are cancelled but one. Japanese. In my two years here, they've never cancelled one class... while almost every other class is cancelled the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. I have to drive 80 miles for one class <_<

2s0cxth.png

I require an art credit for graduation, but my teacher is nuts.

I spent about 10 hours on the first unit, did all the work, answered the questions, just what they wanted, nothing more: I expected something a bit better, but I got an 80.

My friend, who is actually a very talented artist, spent easily ten times as long on every sketch, did a much better job answering the questions, and went way above and beyond the requirements in every way. He has an 88.

Marking on ability would be fine if people weren't relying on the grades to get into university or college.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

I require an art credit for graduation, but my teacher is nuts.

I spent about 10 hours on the first unit, did all the work, answered the questions, just what they wanted, nothing more: I expected something a bit better, but I got an 80.

My friend, who is actually a very talented artist, spent easily ten times as long on every sketch, did a much better job answering the questions, and went way above and beyond the requirements in every way. He has an 88.

Marking on ability would be fine if people weren't relying on the grades to get into university or college.

You're relying on art grades to get into college? Really, you should have just chosen something you could enjoy. I reccommend music classes, they're a lot of fun.

I have to drive 80 miles for one class <_<

Ick, bro. Ick. Why do you have to go?

I'm leaving for home Wednesday morning and I'll be back Friday evening to work the Saturday home football game.

Also, I realized the Shaytards reside in Utah, not Idaho. How the bleep could I get those two mixed up...?

:wall:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh, we got final exams next week... cbf to study at a time like this. <_<

Why must we still get homework even before exams? :wall:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Ick, all this work sucks, but if you look into the future, it'll help prepare you for the workload when you get a real job (depends on if you do get a real job, :lol:)

Or at least that's how I like to think of it.

I hate the work as much as you guys do, though

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Yeah, all this workload is making me sad ;_;

But hey, it ain't over till it's over. Just gotta keep this maximum efficiency spirit so that I can do well on my finals!

douvdFX.jpg

Blog