What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

Day three is the biological virus one.

As for Lost, that starts again this sunday we we're only gonna be a few days behind the US now.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Oh, and since you are watching movies again, check out Oldboy. If you liked Kill Bill a lot you will definitely like it..
I'm going to check out Blockbuster again, see if they have expanded their Foreign collection. When I was there last (about 6 months ago), they have about 20 movies, many of which weren't very good. And Oldboy wasn't one of them <.< . I'll have to look again, see if I can get Oldboy, Double Indemnity, The Third Man...movies they didn't used to have.

In the mean time I'm going to try to find and dust off my old too-see list. I'll try to get in the atleast 1 classic a week thing again, but I work most Friday and Saturday nights so only the best new releases get my viewing.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Ah, just the mention of the third man makes me want to watch it. I went to blockbuster a few weeks ago and all they had was recent crap. I wanted to see Volver, they didn't have it. Blockbuster is just mainstream two hour advert films really.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Day three is the biological virus one.

As for Lost, that starts again this sunday we we're only gonna be a few days behind the US now.

Ah yes, I remember now. Season 3 is also when Kim is working at CTU, right? And that is good you don't have to wait too long for "Lost", but it still seems like there is no reason not to air it the next day or the same day.

Anyways, I can never find movies at Blockbuster either. I'm thinking about signing up for Netflix or something, anyone have experience with that? Right now I am doing OK "finding" them on the internet, but some are really hard to find.

WarGames - Heh, this movie is stupid, yet funny. I love how computers work like magic in it. Just an amusing movie.

The Three Musketeers This is the 1993 Disney version. I used to watch this as a kid, so it had some sentimental value I guess. What I never knew is that Jack Bauer is in it, until I found out last night. That's why I had to watch it today. All right for the type of movie it is, but there are many stupid parts in it.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

WarGames - Heh, this movie is stupid, yet funny. I love how computers work like magic in it. Just an amusing movie.

What a classic! I haven't seen it in at least 15 years...hard to believe it came out over 20 years ago. Then again, I'm sure the technology in the movie is so archaic it's gotta be funny. I'm gonna add it to my queue simply for reminiscent factor.

What a classic! I haven't seen it in at least 15 years...hard to believe it came out over 20 years ago. Then again, I'm sure the technology in the movie is so archaic it's gotta be funny. I'm gonna add it to my queue simply for reminiscent factor.

The 5% of the technology shown in the movie that might actually exist is pretty archaic, which is funny. The best part is the other 95%, technology in the movie that doesn't work anything like what it does in real life.

Blue Velvet - Another great David Lynch movie. I was afraid at first, the first half an hour (at least) was a normal movie. Not that it was bad, in fact it was quite good, just it didn't seem like David Lynch. Then it started to get odd, and kept on going. Definitely felt like a David Lynch movie by the end. Even if it stayed a normal movie the whole time it would have worked out well, Lynch knows what he is doing. I have seen a few of his movies so far, I don't know which one I like best. I need to watch The Straight Story again, I haven't seen that since it came out.

EDIT: A few more :P

Repo Man - It was a little odd, in an OK way. Called a "punk-rock sci fi classic", it probably has a small cult following. Some funny stuff, but overall nothing to get excited about.

Ran - One of my more favourite Akira Kurosawa films. It looked fantastic, and had a pretty interesting story. I had a little trouble keeping track of what was going on at first, but once I put some names with colours, it was easier to keep track of what was going on.

Shaun of the Dead - Heard some really good stuff about this, but I was skeptical after the first few minutes. The skepticism quickly went away however, and I really enjoyed the movie. Definitely a funny comedy, but has a serious part every now and then. I haven't seen Dawn of the Dead, which is what this parodies supposedly, so I don't know how it compares.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Yesterday saw that Spielbergs film, dunno what it english name was but I think it was something like "War of the worlds" or somthing.. Also saw Harry Potter and the goblet of fire.. :-k

u5zhkTY.gif

Notti di Cabiria, Le - A film by Federico Fellini, I think it is the first of his I have seen. Overall a pretty good story, a pretty good movie. What really makes it worth it is the end. I saw it coming, but still it was pretty good. Won't say anything else so I don't give it away.

Darkman - From the man who brought you the Evil Dead trilogy, and the Spider-Man trilogy. Much like those it is pretty much a hero centric action movie. It was OK, nothing special. Definitely not bad, just not anything to get excited about.

]It Happened One Night - A Frank Capra film, so I knew it was going to be good. A pretty good romance movie, but the "rich woman falls for regular man" story can get a little stale after a while. It seems like I see that scenario a lot in older movies. The story was interesting enough to keep me entertained the whole time.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

On friday I went to the cinema with my parents to see La Tourneuse de pages which was pretty good, unlike what I expected. Nice and timid which made the tension come out extra well. It also fit the character of Melanie very well. The off-screen music was b-b-b-brilliant, and that's still and understatement, and it really lifted the movie from an okay drama to a great thriller. Next to that was the excellent preformance from D̮̩̉̉borah Fran̮̤̉̉ois who is very, very hot as well. The only thing I didn't really like was the ending, as it really gave a lot away, while mystery suited the movie and it's characters better. Worth watching, especially for the fans of All About Eve. Today I watched Kuroneko again. I saw it last week, but wanted to show it to my brother as well. He liked it, and I still liked it as well. When we got home from my grandma I decided to watch Gods and Monsters which I really enjoyed. I have a thing for 'biopics' (this one isn't really a biopic) especially when they are about important movie-people. For some reason they facinate me more than pop-stars or politicians. And the minimal amount of characters make things even extra interesting. Of course a must see for the Frankenstein fans and well, any other movie buff as well. :)

If my mate has got time tonight I'll show him Tanin no Kao and he'll show me Pickpocket. I hope I can put in The War Zone somewhere in between.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Over the hedge :XD: :XD: :lol: :lol:

i actualy find it a quite good film to be honest

I'm sad today... I saw YET ANOTHER trailer for a CGI talking animal film :(

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I watched two movies last night!

Blood Diamond and Hannibal Rising.

I thought Hannibal Rising was fantastic. I'm a big fan of Silence of the Lambs and thought the guy that played the young Hannibal, nailed the part! Quite gory and a great story line... loved it.

Blood Diamond was pretty good too. We all know about the atrocities that happen in parts of Africa. Blood Diamond reminds you just how horiffic it really is.

Harrington.gif

On friday I went to the cinema with my parents to see La Tourneuse de pages which was pretty good, unlike what I expected. Nice and timid which made the tension come out extra well. It also fit the character of Melanie very well. The off-screen music was b-b-b-brilliant, and that's still and understatement, and it really lifted the movie from an okay drama to a great thriller. Next to that was the excellent preformance from D̮̩̉̉borah Fran̮̤̉̉ois who is very, very hot as well. The only thing I didn't really like was the ending, as it really gave a lot away, while mystery suited the movie and it's characters better. Worth watching, especially for the fans of All About Eve.

I'll have to give that a watch then, I really enjoyed All About Eve.

Was it Ratatouille? This one I actually kind of want to see because it is a Brad Bird movie. He directed/wrote The Iron Giant and The Incredibles, both of which are much better than you would think. The Incredibles is actually #101 on the IMDb TOp 250.

8ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâý - The first scene was very interesting, drew me in right away. But after that until about half the way through the movie I found myself getting distracted and not paying much attention. Once the wife came that drew me back in for some reason. Anyways, by the end I was really enjoying it, and I (think) I understood it. I will have to watch it again sometime, I think I will understand it much better the second time through. I thought Marcello Mastroianni did a great job portraying the main character, and I always enjoy seeing Claudia Cardinale (very, very hot). A good movie for anyone who really likes cinema, it puts you right in the director's seat.

The Truman Show - I still think I am in something like this (all you are probably just 3 or 4 different people acting like hundreds of people) but my show is much less interesting than Truman's. This is a really interesting movie, and Jim Carrey does a great job even though it really isn't a comedy. It has some funny parts, but mostly it's not a comedy.

The Lost Weekend - A Billy Wilder movie, so of course it is going to be good. I Didn't think I was going to care too much for the story at the beginning, don't really care about alcoholics all that much. It ended up being pretty good. The ending wasn't all that great, but good enough I guess. I think I would have enjoyed it more if it ended up differently.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

The Last King of Scotland - Very good film. There wasn't much going on for the first half of this but the tension was always there keeping you gripped. Good film.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

On friday I went to the cinema with my parents to see La Tourneuse de pages which was pretty good, unlike what I expected. Nice and timid which made the tension come out extra well. It also fit the character of Melanie very well. The off-screen music was b-b-b-brilliant, and that's still and understatement, and it really lifted the movie from an okay drama to a great thriller. Next to that was the excellent preformance from D̮̩̉̉borah Fran̮̤̉̉ois who is very, very hot as well. The only thing I didn't really like was the ending, as it really gave a lot away, while mystery suited the movie and it's characters better. Worth watching, especially for the fans of All About Eve.

I'll have to give that a watch then, I really enjoyed All About Eve.

Same I'll try and watch that sometime too.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

over the hedge is the only animal based film i really really liked

over the hedge is the only animal based film i really really liked

That's one of my favourite animated movies. Hammy really cracked me up lol "But I like cookie"... awwww

Harrington.gif

I can't find it on any of the usual sites, or on DVD. Might have to wait a while if you can't see it in theaters. I wish I had a place around here that played these sorts of movies.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I can't find it on any of the usual sites, or on DVD. Might have to wait a while if you can't see it in theaters. I wish I had a place around here that played these sorts of movies.

It's getting it's American release in march. :P

And, some more watching for you indy.

Get the criterion of Le SamouraÃÆÃâÃâï! It was a while ago since I last saw it, and I kind of forgot about it. But man, was that a bad thing to do (forget about it of course). Brr, Alain Delon is so amazing as the hitman, he's so cold and scary with his blue eyes. Then there's the great interrogation scenes and of course the amazing scene in the French subways! What is needed is there and what isn't needed is left out. Perfect. Like Jef Costello. And while I thought things couldn't get better for me that night, I put on Ugetsu Monogatari (this one has got a very nice Criterion release as well, Indy :P a 2.5 hour documantary by Shindo about Mizoguchi plus a booklet with the stories that inspired Mizoguchi for this movie!) which is about two farmers who are blinded by their 'greed' and ambition. This results in their succes, but as we all know every succes has got it's downsides. Mysterious, elegant and scary. A very important movie, and perhaps one of the best I've ever seen.

21o4pav.jpg

which is about two farmers who are blinded by their 'greed' and ambition. This results in their succes, but as we all know every succes has got it's downsides. Mysterious, elegant and scary. A very important movie, and perhaps one of the best I've ever seen.

Have you ever seen the french film Jean De Flourette, as that sounds exactly like what you just described. Maybe Pagnol got some insperation from that :-k

Signature3.gif

which is about two farmers who are blinded by their 'greed' and ambition. This results in their succes, but as we all know every succes has got it's downsides. Mysterious, elegant and scary. A very important movie, and perhaps one of the best I've ever seen.

Have you ever seen the french film Jean De Flourette, as that sounds exactly like what you just described. Maybe Pagnol got some insperation from that :-k

They're still on my to-see list. I can't find them together at any shop. They only have manon de sources. I'll order them online next month!

21o4pav.jpg

Yes, you need to watch the first before the second. The first really develops the the characters and the second is more of a ending.

Signature3.gif