What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

Terry Pratchett's The Colour of Magic.

The end of my Discworld movie binge, seeing as there's no others to watch. : ( But, yeah, it was pretty awesome. I'd rank it second, behind Hogfather. I've never really liked The Colour of Magic and The Light Fantastic when they were novels, or Rincewind-focussed novels in general.

I was surprised at how many famous actors were in it, actually. Christopher Lee as Death, Tim Curry as Trimand, Jeremy Irons as Vetinari and Sean Astin as Twoflower. And they were all awesome, which is no real surprise.

It's been a while since I've actually read the novel versions, so I can't remember them incredibly well, but I was sad that they didn't include the Temple of Bel-Shamharoth and the Dungeon Dimensions, but I can see why they didn't.

I'd like to see one of the Watch novels done next. Night Watch would be brilliant, or even The Fifth Elephant, but they'd need a lot of dwarves for that. xD Though I have no idea who they'd pick to play Vimes, or even Carrot. D:

Oh and the giant Troll looked [bleep]ing awesome.

But they got rid of Goldeneyes SIlverhand Didactylos, which is inexcusable. D: <

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Watched Mystery Team for the third time. Such an awesome movie.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Clash of the Titans, I thought it was great :P

Also watched Crank 2... weiiiiiiird ass movie XD

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Man movie of the decade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMDC76D9l94&feature=player_embedded

Stallone, known for the physicality of his roles, has been hospitalized for onset injuries while filming movies numerous times throughout his career. On January 6, 2010, Sylvester Stallone noted in an interview with FHM magazine that he broke his neck which required a metal plate to be inserted into his neck while filming The Expendables in a scene with wrestler Stone Cold Steve Austin.

yes.png

Watched:

Sword of Doom 9/10

Loved the scene in the film where he takes on 20 different samurai, I think Oldboy did a reference to this film, it was shot pretty similar too.

A serious Man 8/10

This guy must be the unluckiest guy ever...

The Deer Hunter 9/10

Holy [cabbage], that second act.

Mr. Nobody 9/10

Pretty strange sci-fi fantasy film. I loved it though. Makes you think kinda film.

If you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

About two guys (De niro and Walken) About to go to Vietnam war. First act is pretty slow to be honest, but you really get into the characters setting and how they go about doing things. Second act though, Just a holy [cabbage] moment all throughout.

If you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Watched the Silent Hill movie last night in the dark. It was really good; it kept the awesome atmosphere from the games and had lots of awesome references to the games as well :D

Also saw Grown-Ups in the theater. It was funny and kept me chuckling the whole way through, but there isn't much to it other than that.

wl7w9j.png

watched ponyo, miyazaki's fourth film I believe. it's pretty much a love story, as with the other three. this one, however, I feel isn't as strong as spirited away, which will always remain as one of the best animated movies of all time. ponyo has a run time of about 1h40m, significantly shorter than miyazaki's other films which run well over 2h. still, the characters are cute and memorable. I don't think this film will be on my all time favorites, but it was entertaining enough to be remembered. the one big hole in the movie is that the character development wasn't as strong as the other ones. you were sorta dropped into a story of magic with very little background detail on what the magic does or why it's there or it's underlying purpose. it's just there. I don't particularly like that. but, I recommend seeing it. it makes you feel all warm inside, like there are no evils in the world. 4/5 stars

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

watched ponyo, miyazaki's fourth film I believe. it's pretty much a love story, as with the other three. this one, however, I feel isn't as strong as spirited away, which will always remain as one of the best animated movies of all time. ponyo has a run time of about 1h40m, significantly shorter than miyazaki's other films which run well over 2h. still, the characters are cute and memorable. I don't think this film will be on my all time favorites, but it was entertaining enough to be remembered. the one big hole in the movie is that the character development wasn't as strong as the other ones. you were sorta dropped into a story of magic with very little background detail on what the magic does or why it's there or it's underlying purpose. it's just there. I don't particularly like that. but, I recommend seeing it. it makes you feel all warm inside, like there are no evils in the world. 4/5 stars

I think he has had quite a few more than 4, I can think of 5 off the top of my head before Ponyo. Unless some he has only directed or written rather than both.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Yesterday my roommate and I watched:

• Toy Story
  • Robin Hood: Men In Rights
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl
  • Jurassic Park: The Lost World

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I think he has had quite a few more than 4, I can think of 5 off the top of my head before Ponyo. Unless some he has only directed or written rather than both.

i know of:

totoro (i believe it is his first MAJOR one, and i dont know of any more before that, i'll check wikipedia immediately after making this post)

princess mononoke

spirited away

ponyo

here be EDIT: you were right, and there are a couple that he directed or wrote but not both, kiki's being one.

[hide]sh*t wow...i missed a lot, many of which i completely forgot about.

kiki's delivery service

castle in the sky

howls moving castle

nausicaa and the valley of the wind

and others that werent too big/well known[/hide]

@tripsis, dont you mean robin hood: men in tights?

and i just watched the last half of karate kid. abrupt ending, but good movie. not great, but good.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~