"Bonus" Drops.

Esper_Jones

I've been wondering about a pet theory of mine, and it is in regards to the drop system of Runescape. We all know that when you kill a monster, your drop is generated, based on many factors.

What we do know is that there is a general droplist (with wheels or what have you) that is used for calculating drops, and there are many other items that can drop that are not on that general droplist.

We know Clues, Visages and Abyssal Heads appear as such bonus drops - when you receive them, you get a normal drop alongside it. The bones and furs from the most recent quest are also an example of a bonus drop - they appear with whatever drop you had before.

I am, however, curious as to whether anyone has ever gotten a rare drop with a visage/head/clue, and whether anyone has any picture. It's a very rare occurrence, of course. Of all visage drops (1 in 10k or so), you'd also have to have the luck to get the rare drop, which can be up to even another 1 in 10k. Statistically, this would happen about one in 10 million kills, but I've never ever heard of anyone getting, for example, a Visage and Dragon Legs from a Steel dragon.

Does anyone have any experiences like that? Pics would be nice, too!

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

femur bone isn't a rare drop...but yea, i have had a clue alongside a whip drop and have heard of kq head plus chain and abby head plus whip but those are really rare....i'd like to see someone get d full and visage in one drop....

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Somebody in TSG got a whip + head in same kill, cant find the picture atm though :(

Edit ~ Btw closest I got out of 4 visages was visage and a clue, wouldnt put that as rare though

2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

Clues are always dropped with the same drop. For example, a clue from an abyssal demon will ALWAYS come with a coin drop.

That's why I'm doubtful of some of the rare drop + clue stories above.

Wrong, I've had Clue drops with other drops before, I think I might have a screened a Whip+Clue drop.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

Clues are always dropped with the same drop. For example, a clue from an abyssal demon will ALWAYS come with a coin drop.

Wrong, I've had Clue drops with other drops before, I think I might have a screened a Whip+Clue drop.

99% sure I'm right, unless someone has proof otherwise. Every clue dropping monster I've ever gotten a scroll from has always had a single drop which is the only drop clues come with.

Other "bonus" drops do not work this way though, just clues.

rangeammycluescroll.jpg

Closest thing i've gotten to an epic bonus drop, although with ammy's rapidly dropping price, it might not be very cool. And apologies for jpeg, I guess i forgot to change files when I saved the screenie. This also seems to prove the above theory false that bonus drops always come with the same drops, since plenty of drops have been recorded from aquanites with only clue/other drop or only range ammy and it doesn't mean both have to come together. It's all about the luck.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=626744

I went around creepin the old rate this section, waaaaaaaaaaay in the back for some reason last night, I'm not really sure why. Anyways, apparently one of our mods here got kbd heads and a dragon med in the same drop. That would count I guess, put a stop to all the "I've seen it, but no picture" posts.

This is my original signature. You can't touch this.

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=626744

I went around creepin the old rate this section, waaaaaaaaaaay in the back for some reason last night, I'm not really sure why. Anyways, apparently one of our mods here got kbd heads and a dragon med in the same drop. That would count I guess, put a stop to all the "I've seen it, but no picture" posts.

Wow, that's pretty nice :)

disturbeda.png

I used to kill the odd skeleton when doing the wildy agility course - came back with 5 ranarrs once.

Nothing much, but tryt getting 1 ranarr from a skeleton - it must be less than 1 in 100 kills lol

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

I don't have a pic as it happened around a year ago, but on one Lesser Demon kill I received a challenge scroll as well as half key drop on same kill. Not that half keys are all that rare, but I do believe it counts as a "rare" drop from a Lesser.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Thanks, Hartlar and Outsanity - those are the types of things I wanted to see. So it's pretty confirmed that heads and visages are "Bonus" drops, so I wonder how long until someone gets both KBD Heads AND a Visage. Or Visage, Heads, Clue, Charm, and Med? :P

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

I also got a D Med with my first KBD Heads, at the time I posted it in Rate This! and about half of the posters assumed it was fake. :P

Lol Hartlar, your topic is the one I linked to, not someone else's.

This is my original signature. You can't touch this.

Thanks, Hartlar and Outsanity - those are the types of things I wanted to see. So it's pretty confirmed that heads and visages are "Bonus" drops, so I wonder how long until someone gets both KBD Heads AND a Visage. Or Visage, Heads, Clue, Charm, and Med? :P

Visage and KBD head are hard enough, but KBD head, Visage, clue, charm and med? =P~

*[bleep]*

disturbeda.png

[hide=]

[/hide]99% sure I'm right, unless someone has proof otherwise. Every clue dropping monster I've ever gotten a scroll from has always had a single drop which is the only drop clues come with.

Other "bonus" drops do not work this way though, just clues.

im 100% sure that it used to be like that, for example visage would only drop with blood runes, clue from iron/steel drags would only drop with rune darts (p).

But seeing the posts and pics in this thread im pretty sure they have changed the dropsystem behind secondary drops

Lord_Beloved.png