End of Summer Holidays

guitar_god_2007

Now for alot of people it is nearing the end of the summer holidays. Every year around this time people sell there items at the end of the summer knowing they will no longer play as much as they have been Due to heading back to school, college or work.

Do you think this year will be the same? or will it now be un-noticeable due to the GrandExchange Merchent Clans?

I have noticed that since the summer holidays all main melee, range and mage armour and wepons have all increased in price. Take the Godsword for example.

Are we likely to see a huge Dumping of items, causing them to Drop?

koolcookie0.png

Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

I'm liquidating my bank as we speak. I'll sell a couple of the remaining items in a few days time since they're still rising nicely. I'll rebuy my items back after the price drop. :thumbup:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

I'm not liquidating, but I have taken the break. Payed for a month of membership, and I havn't logged on for any of August. Wasted my money, but oh well...$6 isn't much of an expense.

w4M8t.png

I dunno. Considering how lackluster this summer was, I'm not so sure that many players will be quitting for the school year- not as many made it through the entire season as usual.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I'm getting rid of everything but my rares (hoping that they will continue to raise in price).

They actually stand to potentially rise, as a lot of people quitting for the school year may invest in one and hope to turn a profit within the next 9 months. ::'

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Why sell your items just because they might drop in price? I bought my first godsword this summer, but I plan to keep it unless I'm going to buy a different one, regardless of its price. I don't care if all my items dropped in price, I bought them to use them, not in the hope of them rising in price. Unless I was planning on buying another item soon, then I might wait until mid September or so, but even then, I'd most likely buy it at the higher price now. I buy items for their usefulness, not for their value, why worry so much about what's going to happen?

C_ac_t_u_a_r.png

Why sell your items just because they might drop in price? I bought my first godsword this summer, but I plan to keep it unless I'm going to buy a different one, regardless of its price. I don't care if all my items dropped in price, I bought them to use them, not in the hope of them rising in price. Unless I was planning on buying another item soon, then I might wait until mid September or so, but even then, I'd most likely buy it at the higher price now. I buy items for their usefulness, not for their value, why worry so much about what's going to happen?

Cause I nearly never use my GS (well, never now since I lost members).

The items I had to sell were all resources/runes/bolts/arrows from monster hunting. I don't have them for their usefulness, I have them because I'm a packrat. Now that they've generally peaked in price I'll be selling them to make as much as I can off of them. I'll buy a couple godswords after the potential price drop. Not because I will make use of them, but because friends will. I'll sell them without a second thought if I become weary about their price.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

I'd be happy - it means Dragon Bones will hopefully go down and it'll be cheaper for me to get 80 Prayer. :D But yes, I'm interested in investing in new armour,and possibly a GS to go GWDing with.

Mungo_0.png

awesomesiggeh2.jpg

Yes... Yes, that's what he said.

Siggeh1.jpg

Siggeh2.jpg

:D

:cry:

Enjoy your free spammified post count! \'

But I think prices will drop, but not as much as some may hope. 76k'ing is still in the air :shock:

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

Everyone is expecting a price drop at the end of summer vacation.

For that reason, and for the fact that you cannot predict seasonal patterns in the Runescape market (it never works as expected; santas do not rise at christmas, masks do not rise at halloween etc)...I wouldnt hold my breath.

If dragon bones hit 2300 each expect me to get 99 prayer lol. But I don't foresee them doing so for awhile so I'll just stick with my nice cash pile and await the day I can afford prayer or a party hat lol.

Low_C.png

All I can say is "Finally!". I just earned enough money to buy full Armadyl, and if I wait 2 weeks or so, Ill have 4-5m left over.

45,657th to 99 Range 29/09/09 , 41,018th to 99 Mage 13/11/09

rangecapecombined.gif__________________magiccapecombined.gif

I'm from New Zealand, so can someone tell me the rough date for summer holidays ending please?

My banks been highly liquid for a while now,

waiting for AGS and full bandos to lower,

then I plan on buying everything in one go ::'

EDIT: sorry, just saw the above post now :wall: :oops:

Catsmoker.png

I left my wife for a level 59 tank mage

I'm from New Zealand, so can someone tell me the rough date for summer holidays ending please?

My banks been highly liquid for a while now,

waiting for AGS and full bandos to lower,

then I plan on buying everything in one go ::'

EDIT: sorry, just saw the above post now :wall: :oops:

2-4 weeks :thumbup:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Why are all of you so certain it is going to happen?

So far, I see several kinds of people:

- The precautionists: ones who think they "beat" the crash by selling their GWD stuff several days in advance.

- The care-less: ones who just keep their items as they know it'll rebound anyway

- The profiteers: ones that think they can buy things cheap to keep or to sell for a profit later

However, there is one big problem in this plan. Everyone knows of the crash, and how they will deal with it. Compare this to a horror movie: the bad guy pops out of the shadow and bashes a protagonist's head in with his [bleep]ed flail. It might give you a hard scare when your first watch it, but the next time you see it, you won't be as scared. Why? Because you know it's there.

Last year, panic ensued. The precautionists were non-existant as it had never happened before. The care-less were scared that their items wouldn't reach their initial price ever again, whilst the profiteers were just as surprised as anyone else.

Now that everyone is expecting a crash, it simply won't happen. Even if some items drop a few % due to school/work, the profiteers think they'll make an epic profit by buying the items then and wait for the rebound to sell for a profit. However, so many people think of doing this, that the lower-price item will rebound instantaneously by the hundreds/thousands of buyers putting an offer in, thinking they can get the item when it is 100K/200K lower than before.

These things don't happen every time. I'd be a rich man if the stock market would do the same, but it doesn't. And neither will this.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]