Tip.it vs RSC

HisLordship

maybe rsc will let me mod :ohnoes:

I have lived my life to the best of my ability, but I have not been able to escape fate, anger, or pain.

Bring me the answers, and the road that leads to truth, reveal to me once and for all, how all of this will end.

Shadows cannot exist without the light. But without the shadows, the light has no meaning.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RSCommunity, another fansite. Specifically known for their clan section.

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

I love Tip It.

I have been posting here since *before* RSC was opened. The thing is, I stay here because more posters read other posts. On RSC barely anyone reads, they just read the first post, or sometimes even just the subject/topic before they post.

Never left Tip.it...

Started my clan here even when everyone told me that RSC was the way to go for clans...

I have not regretted my decision once...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

I think these boards are generally more laid back with less drama, so can understand why a lot of people prefer it here.

The problem is, if you do start getting more of the higher ranked clans coming here, you will also get the drama that follows them around.

tip.it is probably best the way it is now. I've never been an active poster here, but do like to read a few threads every now and then.

Jukkie 135/126 ciombat [perm banned July 07][unbanned June 09]

302nd person to 99 ranged.

Proud member/Ex-Elder of The BlacKnights (2005-present).

66Jukkie_done.png

Proud Ex-Domination member (2005).

Proud Ex-Mystic Knights Elder (2003-2005).

I tend to agree...

RSC is the cesspool of flames and ego's galore... I think a healthy degree of seperation, each site catering to their current audience, is the best way to go... The further RSC slides downhill, the moire likely that the good come here and the bad stay where they like it best

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Tip.it has always been my home for Runescape forums, and with me joining the clanning world, Tip.it looks more attractive.

I tried using RSC and all I got were warnings after every post saying that my signature needs to be reduced, no broadcasting clans on your blog, ect. So many restrictions which make each user not really a user, but just another poster of the same information. You just can't be an individual there. :cry:

Tip.it will always be my home, and I hope others can see why it's better then some other forums.

I think that the atmosphere on Tip is better.

Look at RSC Mods. Half the time it looks like their betting on which clans will win, and show their bias. A mod might give a clan congrats for a win, and post something about luck for another clan's win.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Look at RSC Mods. Half the time it looks like their betting on which clans will win, and show their bias. A mod might give a clan congrats for a win, and post something about luck for another clan's win.

So your saying that mods arent allowed an opinion?

Give me an example though, just to be sure, for example, if it was like a "Honour Clan" mod saying that VR had just luck in a war where it started as 100 to 50, THAT would be biased.

22031_s.gif

Give me an example though, just to be sure, for example, if it was like a "Honour Clan" mod saying that VR had just luck in a war where it started as 100 to 50, THAT would be biased.

Ofc mods should have their opinions heard. They are people as well.

Its just the almost "hidden" insults that they throw at clans. If you read some topics, you know that some mods LIKE a clan. When that clan wars a rival, their comments reflect that rivaly.

I'm not saying they are throwing "You suck" around, but its just the little things. Refering to wins as steamrolling, pwning, destroying, etc. Looses as luck, DCs, lagg, rule breaking, crashing.

I'm not saying that all examples of ^ are bad, but when they are used on every war, it gives you the idea....

They even openly admit that they are suffering from the "No RSC Post" rule.

[hide=From their forums]Our policy regarding the "no RSC posting" rule clans sometimes agree on before a fight takes place:

QUOTE (Yoeni @ Apr 19 2008, 11:14 AM)

Lately clans increasingly started to use the "no RSC posting" rule. Sometimes clans don't live up to this rule, and post their victory topic anyways. In cases like these, RSC will not be closing these topics. We want the clan world to figure this thing out by themselves. Does a clan not live up to their own rules? Don't fight them anymore, or work it out with them in private (or perhaps even on our boards). Besides, we find the whole "no RSC posting" to be somewhat of a strange rule that we'd rather not support. Other than that, this rule is not exactly helping our board in terms of activity, because topics that would normally be posted now wouldn't be.

So this is just a quick note to inform you, if you've got any questions or complaints feel free to PM me.[/hide]

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Ofc mods should have their opinions heard. They are people as well.

Its just the almost "hidden" insults that they throw at clans. If you read some topics, you know that some mods LIKE a clan. When that clan wars a rival, their comments reflect that rivaly.

I'm not saying they are throwing "You suck" around, but its just the little things. Refering to wins as steamrolling, pwning, destroying, etc. Looses as luck, DCs, lagg, rule breaking, crashing.

I'm not saying that all examples of ^ are bad, but when they are used on every war, it gives you the idea....

They even openly admit that they are suffering from the "No RSC Post" rule.

[hide=From their forums]Our policy regarding the "no RSC posting" rule clans sometimes agree on before a fight takes place:

QUOTE (Yoeni @ Apr 19 2008, 11:14 AM)

Lately clans increasingly started to use the "no RSC posting" rule. Sometimes clans don't live up to this rule, and post their victory topic anyways. In cases like these, RSC will not be closing these topics. We want the clan world to figure this thing out by themselves. Does a clan not live up to their own rules? Don't fight them anymore, or work it out with them in private (or perhaps even on our boards). Besides, we find the whole "no RSC posting" to be somewhat of a strange rule that we'd rather not support. Other than that, this rule is not exactly helping our board in terms of activity, because topics that would normally be posted now wouldn't be.

So this is just a quick note to inform you, if you've got any questions or complaints feel free to PM me.[/hide]

Yeah, that's bias, although you ca't blame them, people act like morons when they're cocky or losing, they'd make up excuses.

And aren't we moving to Invision Free, not IPB?

22031_s.gif

Oh no, Invision Free would be a very bad choice with the activity we have here. We are moving to IPB 3 with the community suite.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Oh no, Invision Free would be a very bad choice with the activity we have here. We are moving to IPB 3 with the community suite.

Yes, they're two completely different packages. We're getting the software, we're not getting it from a free host (it's not going to be cheap either).

j0xPu5R.png

Yes, they're two completely different packages. We're getting the software, we're not getting it from a free host (it's not going to be cheap either).

I swore I thought it was IF, I know they have a not-so-free package where you can choose not to show ads and stuff....

And I thought IPB was also free, but I think I was thinking about IPBFree.

22031_s.gif

• 4 weeks later...

i used to check this site weekly a year or two before i actually made my forum account.

Didn't really see a point of making an account to post as i looked through the topics there was no new topics being made and they barely had any appeal.

So after a year or two i made an account and last year i didn't log in once, now i just logged in and its pretty much the same not many new topics and a lot of old topics always on the first page and the last post is always really old.

I also notice now that most of the people who post here (in this section) not many of them have accounts from 2009 for some reason, its all -2008..

I think corruption tried once to leave rsc to use tip.it *and they came back to use rsc* and Rdk i think left Rsc to use tip.it *and they will come back to use rsc*.

eventually rsc is ftw.

At the moment both of the forums are using IP boards 3.0 and they look exactly the same, so is there a merge coming up or something?

*I dont think this is bumping old topic... Look last post is september 11, its only october 6'th lol and the topic is still on first page.

*I dont think this is bumping old topic... Look last post is september 11, its only october 6'th lol and the topic is still on first page.

People were hesitant to post during the period of conversion, which happened around the 15th of september through yesterday (october 5th).

As for everything else, there's really nothing to counter with. But I'd like to say that I prefer original discussion versus the same crap discussed to death like I find on other forums.

hzvjpwS.gif

Just to give an example of how disscussions go on RSC: (my own opinion)

(Clan posted war topic)

1st person: 1st!

2nd. gf.

3rd: gf

4th:gj

6th: nice pull, gf.

(turn to page 6)

125th: Omg, you noob, your clan is NOTHING, with it's piece of (bleep) warlord and leader! You might else well quit and stop playing this game anymore!

I get it some people call it disscussion, but I really hate it when I have to scroll through 5 pages of "gf" and "gj" only to get to a flame fest page.

22031_s.gif

Just to give an example of how disscussions go on RSC: (my own opinion)

(Clan posted war topic)

1st person: 1st!

2nd. gf.

3rd: gf

4th:gj

6th: nice pull, gf.

(turn to page 6)

125th: Omg, you noob, your clan is NOTHING, with it's piece of (bleep) warlord and leader! You might else well quit and stop playing this game anymore!

I get it some people call it disscussion, but I really hate it when I have to scroll through 5 pages of "gf" and "gj" only to get to a flame fest page.

Saying gj and gf = post count/ support for allies. So i have no problem with that. For the most part i just read the topic and post my congratz and what not and i'm done. I'll only troll my own clans posts cuz it concerns me and some stuff isn't always clear. Also 1st post 2nd post! etc most the time people go back an edit them. People want those early posts cuz those are the posts that people generally read and skip the next pages.

Flaming happens there because theres more controversialness in the wars themselves + more people. It'd be the same here if the community got larger and more controversial wars took place. [ By controversial it means like rules/ performance of who really won etc ]

6590ew.jpg

I think corruption tried once to leave rsc to use tip.it *and they came back to use rsc* and Rdk i think left Rsc to use tip.it *and they will come back to use rsc*.

Eh. Corr came for like a week but showed little effort in bringing people. Rdk didn't even come...?

At the moment both of the forums are using IP boards 3.0 and they look exactly the same, so is there a merge coming up or something?

Haha. There's a better chance of Runescape shutting down.

pan.png