Inglourious Basterds

mcneilp

Went to the first showing last night at my local cinema and thought it was bloody brilliant. I'd heard good things about it in reviews and such but it surpassed any expectations i had.

If you haven't heard about it, it's the new Quentin Tarantino film which follows a band of jewish-american soldiers, led by Aldo Raine (Brad Pitt), who're dropped into France with the sole mission of killing Nazi's and scalping them. There are various sub-plots, which come together at the end which give the Basterds the chance to end the war early. All i can really say without spoilers. :lol:

Anyway, highly recommended.

Anyone seen it?

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

I'm gonna go watch it on Saturday. It looks good in the funny-just-for-laughs type way. :)

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Ahh I want to see this so badly, but alas...My mothers car is broken down. So going to have to see the movie with a friend I suppose.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

It's definitely a film I want to see, just seeing the movie poster for it at the cinema enticed me. I don't know what certificate it is though, so it depends if I can watch it - I've always known Tarantino for his 15/18 movies, never PG13 or U.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

I'm not a Tarintino fan but the movie looks good from what I've seen from the trailers, haven't read any reviews, but I'll probably see it if one of my friends rents it or buys it when it comes out on DVD. I'm not going to go out of my way to see it.

tFtfA.jpg

It is absolutely [bleep]ing awesome.

Some of the scenes, especially the first one, are crazy long, but it's still absolutely [bleep]ing awesome.

p2gq.jpg

Easily the best movie I've seen so far this year. The characters were, for the most part, entertaining. Brad Pitt's southern accent made me laugh numerous times during the course of the film.

Gosh, there are so many things to talk about, but I don't want to spoil too much.

Only knocks I have are the slow opening background scene, although necessary, and the predictable ending. Well, at least I predicted it a while before it happened*.

[hide=Spoil!]*At least once the Jew Hunter bartered his plan to the Allies...[/hide]

Highly recommend. :thumbup:

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

When I read this script last summer, I got really excited about it, and remained excited til its finally come out.

I guess the problem with reading it first is the same problem with all book-to-movie movies - it's always better in your imagination.

The movie is really good, don't get me wrong, but it was even better when I saw it in my head lol.

I can see alot of people going to it and not liking it because of how the movie was marketed.

I'd assume most people are like "hey brad pitt killing nazi's for 2 hrs, cool", when actually he's only on screen for 30 minutes or so, more like a supporting actor.

Shosanna doesn't even show up in the trailers even though she's the main character.

160vy.png

I heard it was way over the top and bad. :?

Whoever said that missed the point completely.

I thought it was pretty good, maybe not quite as good as QT's other movies but still damn entertaining. I almost died laughing when Pitt talked in Italian at the theatre.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I saw it tonight, it was better than I expected.

I almost walked out, though. The second chapter was unbearable to watch. The violence was so useless that it offended me, especially the 'funny' way it was presented. I also hated the audience for laughing at it. Seeing a man get his brains bashed out in such a way just isn't something to laugh at or make fun of, even when he is a Nazi. It was good to see that the movie didn't continue this way and even ended with a critical note towards its audience. I was also happy that despite it's long running time and not too interesting dialogue the movie never got boring. But that's probably because it's chopped up in five chapters, that always makes it easier to watch for me.

I still think Tarantino gets way too much credit for what he is doing, though. It's all been done before, and also in a better way. I don't understand the hype.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I saw it tonight, it was better than I expected.

I almost walked out, though. The second chapter was unbearable to watch. The violence was so useless that it offended me, especially the 'funny' way it was presented. I also hated the audience for laughing at it. Seeing a man get his brains bashed out in such a way just isn't something to laugh at or make fun of, even when he is a Nazi. It was good to see that the movie didn't continue this way and even ended with a critical note towards its audience. I was also happy that despite it's long running time and not too interesting dialogue the movie never got boring. But that's probably because it's chopped up in five chapters, that always makes it easier to watch for me.

I still think Tarantino gets way too much credit for what he is doing, though. It's all been done before, and also in a better way. I don't understand the hype.

Its not really his fault people laughed at it though. I certainly didnt, but I also noticed people in the cinema who did. Its just something about cinemas which makes people laugh at EVERYTHING they see on the screen if they go in to watch a comedy.

Looking back, there was an awful lot of dailogue, but it didnt seem to drag on at all. The first chapter especially, long, but not boring. Chapter 4 was probably the only one which I thought should have been a bit shorter.

And just to nitpick a bit, I dont know about the French, but the German seemed a bit off at times compared to what the subtitles were saying.

Tk5SF.png

Saw it on Tues, my god it was awesome. I can't decide between it and District 9 for my fave movie or this year. Can't wait for it to be on DVD.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!