200M in all Skills

Makilio

Fight cauldron or abusing Necrolord 'bug' ?

Just asked Richard, Necrolord has been hotfixed as of this morning.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

what was the xp/hr on dat

It was 700k/h or so.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Pick it apart or whatever, just wondering how accurate this is.  his logic seemed pretty solid

No one has actually addressed his points yet, they have only mocked his slaying style.

He may be right about the chaotic staff and virtis wand but it is difficult to calculate. Perhaps if we send out the grimy signal he will come to our aid with markovs http://puu.sh/7egz6.jpg

Even if mage is faster than melee it is a lot easier to get mage xp than it is to get melee xp so the combat xp gained while using drygores adds to their value. When I was calculating the best task list a number of months ago (keep in mind that for logistical reasons I assume people use the style the monster is weak to) I found that some fast mage-weak tasks were worse than slower melee-weak tasks. So if you care about melee xp then it can often be worth slaying with drygores even if they are slower. Some people don't care about melee and maybe his video is aimed at people purely slaying but in this thread people generally want xp in all skills.

• Like 6

Yeah magic is faster xp/hour than melee

I kinda thought a lot of people knew that, but I guess that isn't the case

The reason we tell people not to use magic for slayer is that it comes with a massive opportunity cost because of glacors

Of course with things like necrolord skeletons popping up every other week, the value of melee xp is decreasing while the value of magic xp is pretty stagnant

You'd still need a really high income in order for it to be efficient to slay with magic though

Yeah magic is faster xp/hour than melee

I kinda thought a lot of people knew that, but I guess that isn't the case

The reason we tell people not to use magic for slayer is that it comes with a massive opportunity cost because of glacors

Of course with things like necrolord skeletons popping up every other week, the value of melee xp is decreasing while the value of magic xp is pretty stagnant

You'd still need a really high income in order for it to be efficient to slay with magic though

You'd be surprised by how few people know that. People still think using ascensions is significantly worse slay xp/hr than drygores, too.  

noobs crowding hill giants? not on my watch

Dr0wns got a bunch of 200ms today. GJ Drowns (Farm/herb/woodchop iirc).

No XPWaste took Rank 11 Div, Flux Dubstep (nice guy) is just short (1.3m) should be done in the next day or two

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

For the range vs mage vs melee on slayer.

Take melee as your baseline, for ranged to be efficient it has to be >0.8*(melee kills/hr), for magic >1.5*(melee kills/hr).

magic will never be 50% more kills/hr, so then you're just left with comparing melee and ranged.

Take melee as your baseline, for ranged to be efficient it has to be >0.8*(melee kills/hr), for magic >1.5*(melee kills/hr).

magic will never be 50% more kills/hr, so then you're just left with comparing melee and ranged.

Ice strykewyrms would like to argue that point. Other than that i think you are right, but only as far as 200m all is concerned(which isn't the norm, but happens to be the norm on this thread).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Ice strykes are not even 50% faster with doubled magic damage (about 47% faster).

But yes I did not consider ice strykes as they are a block/don't unlock task because of bad cb xp (330k mage/hr), high assignment rate and long task length.

I've applied the rule above in this spreadsheet. Never got around to complete it but it's good enough for a fairly efficient block/cancel list.

It doesn't work like that. You can't say that because melee xp is worth 50% more than magic xp that slaying with magic has to be 50% faster to be better than melee.

• Like 1

Ice strykes are not even 50% faster with doubled magic damage (about 47% faster).

But yes I did not consider ice strykes as they are a block/don't unlock task because of bad cb xp (330k mage/hr), high assignment rate and long task length.

I've applied the rule above in this spreadsheet. Never got around to complete it but it's good enough for a fairly efficient block/cancel list.

I'm quite surprised by this. But also, as thai said, it's not quite as easy as this. However, something you haven't considered at all(as far as i know) is how long it takes to get to the task, both in banking and travel. When some tasks take an average of 8 minutes, ice stykes take 26 minutes meaning less overall travel(and also more relaxing slaying). You also have no rate for cannoning ice strykewyrms(which i see no reason not to do). 

The reason for mage only being this much faster is because of all the "dead" time (stomping, running to next), also too spread out for cannon imo but I'll consider it. The only thing I have not accounted for on that would be as you said prep time, ranged vs melee (with frag shot and snapshot buff) and the task length. In the case of ice strykes they're a long task with a low rate, which would bring down the average rate more than an equally slow shorter task.

Would be awesome to include but currently the sheet is not very flexible.

I'm sure Thai can make something like this a lot more elegant than me.

Cannon would have almost no effect @ ice strykes, you 2-3 shot with magic abilities (wild magic 1 shots them usually) and cannon won't ever speed that up more than it slows you down setting it up etc. Horrible task to use cannon at.

How are ice strykes a free block?

noobs crowding hill giants? not on my watch

Cannon would have almost no effect @ ice strykes, you 2-3 shot with magic abilities (wild magic 1 shots them usually) and cannon won't ever speed that up more than it slows you down setting it up etc. Horrible task to use cannon at.

How are ice strykes a free block?

It significantly helps with the running around if done right. You can also have cannon hit them 8x per round if they are right under the cannon. I mean, yeah, it doesn't do as much as it used to pre-eoc(but what task doesn't the same apply to?) but on a max-pop server it will definitely help.