200M in all Skills

Makilio

http://puu.sh/3aOpx.jpg

now stfu already, obeythecow

Yeah that's what I was talking about but that was long time ago, I am sure Drumgun wouldn't even have considered accepting donations if other people weren't accepting donations either. He never even got that many donations lol.

Honestly I don't know what's the point even talking about donations anymore because you can just buy rsgp or whatever. Of course you need to respect Drumgun now even more for making his own money. I would feel even more cheated now if I never accepted donations lol. Not saying this to rant about Jagex but just saying, it's impossible to prove nowadays that you made all your own gp. Some people even buy spins or keys w/e they called and lie about it lol saying they got all their xp without them. Only way to prove you made all your gp etc. is to record it all and I don't think anyone would be bothered to watch someone play rs for 30k hours haha.

That conversation obey the cow was talking about was so long time ago, after I stopped playing for xp I have been talking with Drumgun a lot and got nothing against him. And I don't know what donations have to do with 200m agility but some people think I couldn't have made it to 200m agility without the 10k donations lol.

But yeah looking forward to Drumgun hitting 5,2B XP. Been few rainy days here so decided to say hi to my rs friends and post here too.

Honestly who gives a [bleep] how people made the gp for buyables. Buyables cost well in excess of 30b now. How do you people honestly expect players to make 30+++ bill? Even jdela who, from what I know, never took donations or abused any gp methods like 2007 xfering etc. I could still argue his gp isn't legit as he made bulk of it pre-ge limits.

I honestly don't know where some of you expect these players to pull 30b+++ from. It's an enormous sum of gold that nearly all of you wont even get anywhere near to. What's the difference between winning the lottery irl and getting a 10b donation? Nothing that I can see, and we look at lottery winners saying "damn that guy was lucky, wish that was me" etc. Everyone admires people like the president, bill gates, Arnold Schwarzenegger, or any other famous/rich person. Do you honestly think they didn't step on any toes getting to the level they are at? If so then you have no idea what it takes to get there. They have more haters and enemies then anyone here even has friends, yet we admire and emulate them nonetheless.

It's insane and out right stupid to bash anyone for taking advantage of any method legal and available to them to attain the massive amount needed for 200m buyables.

If you take a donation, xfer from 2007, diced, ge merched, 76k'd, etc etc etc, more power to you. You're years upon years closer to your goal then anyone flaming you on here.

• Like 6
I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

Haha look at Obey The Cow, he/she/it is only rank 6 in agility, lmfao... Wow, just get over it.

As long as people get 200m agil "easier" than her, she'll never get over it. She will continue to flex her e-muscles and downgrade other people's achievements so she can continue to clutch to her single achievement like it's the only thing in life that matters.

Honestly who gives a [bleep] how people made the gp for buyables. Buyables cost well in excess of 30b now. How do you people honestly expect players to make 30+++ bill? Even jdela who, from what I know, never took donations or abused any gp methods like 2007 xfering etc. I could still argue his gp isn't legit as he made bulk of it pre-ge limits.

I honestly don't know where some of you expect these players to pull 30b+++ from. It's an enormous sum of gold that nearly all of you wont even get anywhere near to. What's the difference between winning the lottery irl and getting a 10b donation? Nothing that I can see, and we look at lottery winners saying "damn that guy was lucky, wish that was me" etc. Everyone admires people like the president, bill gates, Arnold Schwarzenegger, or any other famous/rich person. Do you honestly think they didn't step on any toes getting to the level they are at? If so then you have no idea what it takes to get there. They have more haters and enemies then anyone here even has friends, yet we admire and emulate them nonetheless.

It's insane and out right stupid to bash anyone for taking advantage of any method legal and available to them to attain the massive amount needed for 200m buyables.

If you take a donation, xfer from 2007, diced, ge merched, 76k'd, etc etc etc, more power to you. You're years upon years closer to your goal then anyone flaming you on here.

Thank you so much for saying that, honestly means a lot. I remember I used to see you post here a lot long time ago and I thought you had something against me because of donations or effigies, I can't remember exactly lol. When I was still going for 200m thieving I remember seeing your thieving records and I was trying to pm you ingame asking you how you did it but you probably had private on friends haha.

Anyway I didn't mean to hate on Obey the cow so no need to flame her, I know I was being a bit rude. I didn't mean to flame her back, just a bit frustraiting when people bring up these things I did forever ago. Ofc I get it why people do it, I will try to care less haha :P

Smart good post. I certainly agree. As long as you dont get caught, you can break the rules as much as you want. But if you do get caught, u pay the price. Runescape is a microcosm of real life and that is exactly how life is like. Grind hard isnt enough, you need to play it smart as well and a combination of the two will get you to the top. At the end of the day, those that "deserve" to be at the top do make it. No one can argue that any of the top 10 did not put in "significant" effort and sacrifices. Drumgun is #1. There is some meritocracy in this game and because of that there is still hope.

I have moral issues with dicing and transferring from OSRS, but I agree that it's rather silly to flame people for it, and there's certainly nothing wrong with accepting or even asking for donations. I probably would never give a single coin in that way, but there's nothing wrong with those who do. I've never understood the drama that cropped up over that.

• Like 3

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Think of all the hate on silverhawk boots. because you get 200m agility in no time. Think of making 30b as another skill. and people get it in no time vs others. thats why its wrong to take donations/ xfer. you can make 30b in less than a year doing pvm. just another thing to grind at. and if you dont want to make gp for things like crafting you can do glassblowing for 120-140k xp/h. smith is probably going to be made free with the elf city along with herb. so its not really that expensive if you dont want it to be

Think of all the hate on silverhawk boots. because you get 200m agility in no time. Think of making 30b as another skill. and people get it in no time vs others. thats why its wrong to take donations/ xfer. you can make 30b in less than a year doing pvm. just another thing to grind at. and if you dont want to make gp for things like crafting you can do glassblowing for 120-140k xp/h. smith is probably going to be made free with the elf city along with herb. so its not really that expensive if you dont want it to be

Silverhawk boots were rather different because they took a non-buyable skill and made it into a buyable skill.

And no, 30bil isn't a skill, because xp has never been tradable the way gp is. I can't just decide to give someone 100k wc xp, but I can give someone 100k gp.

I can see why if you think of it in that way you'd be upset, but then it's your own fault for thinking of 30bil as a skill when it's quite different. And even if you think of it as a skill, there's a vast and diverse range of "training methods" for it, and it's difficult to justify being angry at a competitor for taking a different method than you did.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

It's almost like celebrities now, people cling onto anything they do "wrong" so they can [bleep] about them to make themselves feel superior. If people would just concentrate on themselves instead of centering their (game) lives around others, this wouldn't be an issue.

It really just boils down to the player's motives and values.

If they value esteem, prestige, recognition, envy, etc. then they will refuse donations and handicap themselves by training less efficiently.

If they value accomplishing a goal or being the best, then they will choose the smartest, best options to do so, without having to worry about how others may perceive them.

Regardless of which choice they choose, they will be flamed for not choosing the other path by the people who chose differently.

77yLQy8.png

If they value esteem, prestige, recognition, envy, etc. then they will refuse donations and handicap themselves by training less efficiently.

If they value accomplishing a goal or being the best, then they will choose the smartest, best options to do so, without having to worry about how others may perceive them.

Regardless of which choice they choose, they will be flamed for not choosing the other path by the people who chose differently.

I still don't really understand why accepting donations means you lose prestige/recognition/respect/etc, but meh.

Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

I still don't really understand why accepting donations means you lose prestige/recognition/respect/etc, but meh.

A lot of people these days (in both RS and RL) believe that if you have a lot of money, then you're evil, greedy, selfish, lucky, etc. It's just how a lot of people in the modern western world think. They see wealth as an "event" and not a process.

In RL, if someone creates a company and then sells it for millions of dollars, everyone thinks about how lucky that person is. They don't take into account the years and years of ups and downs and failures that led up to that moment.

In RS, if someone makes a Youtube/Twitch channel or something and starts getting millions of GP in donations, nobody takes into account the time/effort that it took for that person to market and create a brand for themselves.

Instead, all they see is the end result of that hard work, and they get pissed off because they think that those results just came from nowhere, and they're angry that those results are happening to other people and not them. They don't realize that the reason why some people are making more money with a lot less work is because some people understand how money works better than they do, and consequently they make better financial choices and reap the benefits for doing so.

It's also a lot easier to complain about people who are more successful than you, than it is to change your behaviors so that you can be successful yourself. :P

• Like 2

77yLQy8.png

A lot of people these days (in both RS and RL) believe that if you have a lot of money, then you're evil, greedy, selfish, lucky, etc. It's just how a lot of people in the modern western world think. They see wealth as an "event" and not a process.

In RL, if someone creates a company and then sells it for millions of dollars, everyone thinks about how lucky that person is. They don't take into account the years and years of ups and downs and failures that led up to that moment.

In RS, if someone makes a Youtube/Twitch channel or something and starts getting millions of GP in donations, nobody takes into account the time/effort that it took for that person to market and create a brand for themselves.

Instead, all they see is the end result of that hard work, and they get pissed off because they think that those results just came from nowhere, and they're angry that those results are happening to other people and not them. They don't realize that the reason why some people are making more money with a lot less work is because some people understand how money works better than they do, and consequently they make better financial choices and reap the benefits for doing so.

It's also a lot easier to complain about people who are more successful than you, than it is to change your behaviors so that you can be successful yourself. :P

I dont think suomi put much effort in getting donations. he just trained slow skills and left buyables for last. As he got closer to 200m all slaves started donating more and more. he spent mabye a year asking for donations with 10 words in the sentences when he asked people. eventually his slaves just started coming to him and trading him without him even asking. not much effort in saying "accepting donations 20k+ please"

I dont think suomi put much effort in getting donations. he just trained slow skills and left buyables for last. As he got closer to 200m all slaves started donating more and more. he spent mabye a year asking for donations with 10 words. eventually his slaves just started coming to him and trading him without him even asking. not much effort in saying "accepting donations 20k+ please"

You just proved my point >_>

Ask yourself: why did people choose to donate to Suomi, of all people? Why did people donate to Suomi and not you? What's the difference between you two?

77yLQy8.png

I dont think suomi put much effort in getting donations. he just trained slow skills and left buyables for last. As he got closer to 200m all slaves started donating more and more. he spent mabye a year asking for donations with 10 words. eventually his slaves just started coming to him and trading him without him even asking. not much effort in saying "accepting donations 20k+ please"

Ask yourself: why did people choose to donate to Suomi, of all people? Why did people donate to Suomi and not you? What's the difference between you two?

I want respect when i finally achieve 200m all. not controversy like suomi has caused.

I want respect when i finally achieve 200m all. not controversy like suomi has caused.

Do you really think that's the difference between you and Suomi?

Do you really think that's the difference between you and Suomi?

yes, when is the past 5 pages of this thread going to get cleaned by mods. its getting really off topic.

Not sure if you're dodging my question intentionally or not, but the answer is because AFAIK Suomi was the most reliable candidate for 200M all, not you. At the very least, he is/was more reliable than you.

There's easier ways to get people to respect you than getting 200M all skills w/o donations on a video game BTW :P The #1 easiest way to get people to like and respect you is:

[hide]to like and respect other people in return (big surprise, huh? :P)[/hide]

I remember the month when I was a celebrity on RS with my fire cape world record. I had strangers PM'ing me and stopping me on the (RS) streets to talk to me. But I didn't really care about their admiration because I didn't know them and they didn't know anything about me other than my achievement. The only people whose respect I cared about was the respect from my closest friends-- and I already had their respect regardless of my achievements.

So in other words, if you get 200M all skills without donations, then cool. Just keep in mind-- the strangers who blindly adore you don't know anything about you besides your achievements, so they're not getting the full picture of you. The only people who get the full picture of you are going to be your closest friends, and if they are indeed your friends, then they'll respect you regardless of what your total XP is and regardless of how many donations you accepted and regardless of how much RL money you spent on your account. If you're making things harder on yourself because you're afraid that your friends will lose respect for you, then that means they aren't really your friends.

Just my two cents :D

• Like 2

77yLQy8.png

I respect you Guy0ne106

ty