200M in all Skills

Makilio

[hide]I noticed a couple pages back Zarfot's "life", efficiency, and 10 hour days were being discussed about... him being glorified for 10hr days, being efficient... ect..

Well just do the simple math. In the real word, playing an online game for 10 hours each day is pretty much the same as 16-18 (drumgun). Here:

24 hours in a day

-10 hours online gameplay

= you're left with 14 hours.

sleep for 6-8 hours

=

8 hours left (6 slept)

7 hours left (7 slept)

6 hours left (8 slept)

So he only is left with 6-8 hours each day to:

(italics mean that this is optional, he may or may not had this in his life)

- attend college (he stated that he did)

>> driving to college, parking, walking to class, being in class, leaving class, walking to parking spot, driving back home, parking, entering home

- cook or open up his breakfast, lunch, and dinner

- set up his plate (this can take very little or an okay amount of time)

- eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner

- have a "social" life (broad term)

- wash his face, brush his teeth

- have a shower

- commute to work (depends on traffic)

- arrive at work, set up, and begin working

- leave work, begin commute home

- paying your bills every once in a while

- more

These plus many other real life obligations mean that in reality, Zarfot was as much as a "no lifer" as Drumgun is. Just look at that list (and it isn't even completed with daily LIFE requirements). Six to eight hours is not enough to be able to even do half of do all of that and still be considered a "normal" person by society's standard.

The reason why Zarfot quit the game seems rather obvious to me. I'm not trying to be an ignorant idiot who can't see things from others perspective... No, I understand where Drumgun is coming from. Anyway. Zarfot probably realized that this was only a game. The "experience" you gain are only pixels that can be viewed online. I'm sorry to be harsh here but there truly is no future if you have Runescape severely dominating over your life or even if Runescape is your life. Again, Zarfot likely realized then and decided to move on from the game, and focus on his life.

@Drumgun: I hate math too. All of the overcomplicated stuff taught in classroom is never used in the real life. Waste of time imo.[/hide]

I don't get posts like this.

If you manage your time well you can be super social and still play this much.

-Scape for 10 hours going to class when its time to

-Still have 6 hours before you go to sleep (if you sleep for 8 hours)

-You're in college, you might not have a job. If you do, you can work part time (20 hours/week) by going in 4 hours a day 5 days a week.

-Still have 2 hours to blow? go to a party or study cause its a weekday and there isn't anything fun going on.

-If you went and hung out with friends each day of the week, study like a fool on the weekend.

-Hit some parties and get less that 8 hours of sleep because its the weekend.

I play around 14 hours a week btw

4e0Vn.png

I don't get those posts either, and I can say this from personal experience.

I play usually 7-10 hours day on the game, and here's what I also do:

- Sleep 8 hours per day

- Eat, Brush Teeth, Shower, etc.

- Do a morning jog almost every day (Though not as much in the Winter, too cold)

- In a very long term relationship (approaching 6 years, who also plays RS), See each other almost every day, for almost entire day.

- Graduated with honors in university (by playing *almost* the same amount of hours)

- Secured a very high paying job with high job security once I have my professional designation in 2 more years

- Near max overall (though I only started playing this much recently, otherwise I'd have some 200ms too).

- Have a semi social life, though mainly because I don't care for bars as I don't drink, parties kind of end when you're my age, etc.

- Don't live in my parent's basement

- Not even close to overweight

This is such a popular misconception that is purely explained by wise time management. In Uni when I was studying for exams, I'd woodcut with Ivy, fish Rocktails, or cook. Thats how I got 99 Woodcut / Fishing. In class while listening to lectures, I usually killed Dark Beasts, which required virtually no attention. I also learned how to do assignments and study while even doing Slayer, just took some practice.

With all of the above, I'd have to say I'm much happier than when I was in High School, even though I didn't play nearly as much. People need to understand other's situations before critisizing them for their living habits. And besides, who are you to tell someone to live their lives the way you deem right? If someone wants to play 20 hours a day, 4 hours of sleep, never socializing, then that's their choice. And I'm sure most logical people here know, that there is very few, if any, of those situations actually on the game at this time.

OT: A bit late, but huge gratz on the newest 200m Drumgun! I don't know how you could stand that horrid skill all the way to 200m >.<

Lol, every few posts we get a nolife discussion going...

Drum, what 200M's are you going for next?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Well as a university student to be techincal, 6-8 hours a day is more than enough to be sufficient for his college needs. It's a lot harder for people that are still in highschool to understand from what i've noticed and self experience, one might say university is harder (personal opinion) but in reality you have more free time if you use your time wisely. Since i'm in a very heavy study oriented program and still feel this way, I can only imagine for him it comes even easier, especially with his preference of making the best of his time.

Very presumptuous. At university free time is governed more by what degree you're undertaking, which university you're at and where it is rather than how well you utilize your time , and how organized and time conscientious you are. For example, an engineering degree would take up more time and be more demanding than a business degree. So too would a 3 year degree rather than its 4 year counterpart.

I acknowledge that you mentioned in your experience, but there are different high school programs. One could do a high school diploma or equivalency or A levels or IB, etc etc. As above posters have said, in high school the day ends at 3, you can do most of the work while afking, and going to bed at 9, 10, or 11 is still good. At university and even during a career such a schedule could not be kept.

When it comes to the top players in experience I guess what they've achieved is due to: (1) either they don't go to school or work or (2) if they do go to school then its a relatively (key word) easy program or (3) if they work then they have a job which allows them to play on the job or not require them to bring their work home with them.

Skill Achievements:

2005: 368th to 99 fletching, 457th to 99 cooking

2006: 3842nd to 99 strength, 331st to 99 firemaking, 5180th to 99 attack, 5294th to 99 hitpoints, 4409th to 99 defence, 374th to 99 prayer

2007: 429th to 99 smithing, 98th to 99 farming, 3878th to 99 ranged, 377th to 99 crafting, 4098th to to 99 magic, 126th to 99 herblore

2008: 492nd to 99 runecrafting, 1812nd to 99 slayer, 845th to 99 summoning, 971st to 99 construction

2009: 5140th to 99 hunter, 14,821st to 99 fishing, 2788th to 99 agility, 32,794th to 99 woodcutting, 3142nd to 99 mining, 10,436th to 99 thieving

297th to 2376 Overall

Top 100 skills: Crafting, Farming, Firemaking

Top 50 Skills: Prayer, Herblore

Top 21 skills: Hunter (rank 16) - 2 hours after it was released

X Helchild X. 2001-2010

http://www.youtube.com/xhelchildx

Prayer, most likely. My plans tend to change sometimes too though hehe :)

Would be cool if you could get 200m prayer, woodcutting and fletching at the same time. Be the first to 3 200m skills on the same day and add another achievement to your many accolades.

Skill Achievements:

2006: 3842nd to 99 strength, 331st to 99 firemaking, 5180th to 99 attack, 5294th to 99 hitpoints, 4409th to 99 defence, 374th to 99 prayer

2007: 429th to 99 smithing, 98th to 99 farming, 3878th to 99 ranged, 377th to 99 crafting, 4098th to to 99 magic, 126th to 99 herblore

2008: 492nd to 99 runecrafting, 1812nd to 99 slayer, 845th to 99 summoning, 971st to 99 construction

2009: 5140th to 99 hunter, 14,821st to 99 fishing, 2788th to 99 agility, 32,794th to 99 woodcutting, 3142nd to 99 mining, 10,436th to 99 thieving

297th to 2376 Overall

X Helchild X. 2001-2010

Would be cool if you could get 200m prayer, woodcutting and fletching at the same time. Be the first to 3 200m skills on the same day

Yeah that would be awesome! then u have 10 skills 200m in a row, woop that would look so freaking sweet

Are you gonna use frost drag bones or dragon bones?

backgroundsignature.png

Would be cool if you could get 200m prayer, woodcutting and fletching at the same time. Be the first to 3 200m skills on the same day and add another achievement to your many accolades.

actually jdelacroix did this, didnt he?

powerbury through slayer in a week please :D

I think you may be right. I remember him doing 2, I guess I forgot about the 3. And the way he's training now it looks like he's going to do 4 next

Skill Achievements:

297th to 2376 Overall

X Helchild X. 2001-2010

Lol ^_^ frost bones, maybe some dragon depending how fast I get frosts.

Gotta leave some records for other people aswell, so Jdela can have that one XD :P

yIUqy.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/DeskDrumGun?feature=mhee My Yt chan, still under construction :)

Lol ^_^ frost bones, maybe some dragon depending how fast I get frosts.

Gotta leave some records for other people aswell, so Jdela can have that one XD :P

Speaking of records, are you in the Guinness book or Records yet, Drum?

Grish_Sig.jpg

Lololol imagine buying 2011 guiness world record book and spotting 'Drumgun' @ Gaming part for most gamed hours in .. years :)..

He'll probably will be in the special gamers guiness book of records, and yes that exists ;p If he did submit anything at all at least

There already was a record for a dutch girl i thought who had played the most runescape from 2002-2006 or something, don't really remember.

Thought her name was lara and she had played about 16k hours in 4 years. If any1 has that book, could you post some info here ;p

Don't know what her rs account was and thought it wasn't in the book too, does anyone have a clue?

backgroundsignature.png

Found it!

and the Longest Time Spent Playing an MMORPG (Sara Lhadi spent 16, 799 hours playing Runescape between November 2004 and October 2009 this averages out at 9 hours 20 minutes of play every day!)

Awh cmon drum u can beat that can't ya ?:D

btw that Sara Lhadis username is S Diamant Y, a famouse f2p who is inactive at the moment.

Pyl.png

Found it!

and the Longest Time Spent Playing an MMORPG (Sara Lhadi spent 16, 799 hours playing Runescape between November 2004 and October 2009 – this averages out at 9 hours 20 minutes of play every day!)

Got a Jmod msg about this that was typo'd, so I wasn't able to understand what to do now. Bit dissapointed Jagex doesn't contact me about this on their own, while they clearly do bother with Guinness Book records. (the wildy/ft voting for example). If they want publicity then I suggest they contact me about this asap, lol. Also annoyed that only a few of them are reachable + it's unclear which Jmod handles what at Jagex. :\

Edit: @Viv: not over a 5 year period they don't. Also, I'm not aiming for 18 or 19 hours a day avrg - wouldn't want to get dissapointed by the result. I should be able to reach 17 hours a day avrg for 5 years long.

yIUqy.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/DeskDrumGun?feature=mhee My Yt chan, still under construction :)

Found it!

and the Longest Time Spent Playing an MMORPG (Sara Lhadi spent 16, 799 hours playing Runescape between November 2004 and October 2009 – this averages out at 9 hours 20 minutes of play every day!)

btw that Sara Lhadis username is S Diamant Y, a famouse f2p who is inactive at the moment.

No she isn't S Diamant Y?

http://forum.tip.it/topic/254757-world-record-held-by-runescape-player/page__view__findpost__p__4039997

yeh idk how they accually did that record as a bunch of people avg way more than 9hrs 20 mins a day

Because no one wants to show that they are best at tha screen staring skill.

I heard that Guiness world records don't accept gaming marathons because people die trying to play so much with no breaks.